Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 09-12-2007   #1
brickman
Rookie

Rep Power: 10 brickman was voted MVPbrickman was voted MVPbrickman was voted MVP
Thumbs up hello

I just wanted to introduce myself as I am new on this board. I have been a lifelong NY Jets fans as I love in upstate New York. I have become completely disgruntled with their losing ways and their obnoxious fans, so I told them to "stick it". I decided to become a Houston Texans fan because I think they are an up and coming, exciting team. I love their defense and think in time the offense will catch up. Also, no one in Upstate NY roots for the Texans and I did not want to be a bandwagon fan of a team like the Colts, Pats or Chargers. I've ordered some Texans gear online (shirts, shorts, etc.) and my #59 Demeco Ryans jersey should arrive today, in time for me to wear it on Sunday as they battle the Panthers. I'm really excited about this change. GO TEXANS!!!!!!
brickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007   #2
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: hello

Old 09-12-2007   #3
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 26422 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickman View Post
I just wanted to introduce myself as I am new on this board. I have been a lifelong NY Jets fans as I love in upstate New York. I have become completely disgruntled with their losing ways and their obnoxious fans, so I told them to "stick it". I decided to become a Houston Texans fan because I think they are an up and coming, exciting team. I love their defense and think in time the offense will catch up. Also, no one in Upstate NY roots for the Texans and I did not want to be a bandwagon fan of a team like the Colts, Pats or Chargers. I've ordered some Texans gear online (shirts, shorts, etc.) and my #59 Demeco Ryans jersey should arrive today, in time for me to wear it on Sunday as they battle the Panthers. I'm really excited about this change. GO TEXANS!!!!!!
Welcome to the boards.

I'm a long time Jets fan, going all the way back to the Namath days. I'm not a rabid fan by no means, but do like to watch and root for them when the Texans aren't playing. I wished things would be going better for the Jets, and Pennington in particular. He's gotten some tough breaks over the years.

Anyhoo, welcome aboard.
Old 09-12-2007   #4
nfl-brit
Groovy, baby!

Rep Power: 11 nfl-brit was voted MVPnfl-brit was voted MVPnfl-brit was voted MVPnfl-brit was voted MVP

Welcome, just in time for a winning season.

Sig by AZwhoopr
Adopt-a-Texan 2008 : Matt Schaub
"nfl-brit.....keeping Allah busy since 1988"
nfl-brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007   #5
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4856 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Welcome aboard Brickman. It is always good to see the new fans of the team on here. Don't be a stranger. And
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007   #6
JPEPP4PREZ
Rookie

You probably should have waited until next week to start rooting for them.

JPEPP4PREZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007   #7
TEXANSTAILGATER
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 TEXANSTAILGATER is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTEXANSTAILGATER is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Welcome to the 'hood...

When the Oilers left and i was mad at the world, I decided I would root for Tampa. They sucked and I think were about to or just did change their uniforms.

Then they got hot and I became a "bandwagoner."
Old 09-12-2007   #8
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Welcome to a BRIGHT FUTURE fellow fan. Hang in there this season... it will be up and down, but the 3rd year of coach Kubiak should really see us take off. Once you make it down to a game you will be in for one heck of a party. We are ranked #3 in tailgaiting. Anyway... welcome aboard.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007   #9
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPEPP4PREZ View Post
You probably should have waited until next week to start rooting for them.

Yeah, just in time for us to beat the Colts after we beat you guys.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007   #10
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
welcome to the fold.
Old 09-12-2007   #11
frequentfliertx
Rookie

Rep Power: 12 frequentfliertx is on the Pro-Bowl ballotfrequentfliertx is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Smile Re: hello

Being born and raised in New York, I too am a Jets fan. I was fortunate enough to witness a Jets victory in Texas Stadium as well as a Jets victory at Reliant. I've been fortunate to see the Jets play twice in Texas. However, since 1969 is the last time the Jets won a Super Bowl, it's getting kinda old. My adoptive team, since I moved down here to Texas, is the Houston Texans.
frequentfliertx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Re: hello

Welcome to the Houston Texans!! Glad to have you aboard. It should be an exciting season and many to look forward to, as well.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read