Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-11-2007   #1
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Titans won't win 4 games this season

Wow, they get 175 rushing yards from the starting RB, and they still only scored 13 points!! Everyone says TEN ,VY especially, will struggle due to their lack of weapons on offense. Well, you get 175 yards from your RB, how much more help can you ask for?
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007   #2
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans won't win 4 games this season

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110 View Post
Wow, they get 175 rushing yards from the starting RB, and they still only scored 13 points!! Everyone says TEN ,VY especially, will struggle due to their lack of weapons on offense. Well, you get 175 yards from your RB, how much more help can you ask for?
Oh-Oh. The Texans offense is being praised for having one of its best games ever, and they still only scored 13 points!!

That 77 yard TD by Dre certainly looks big in this context.
Old 09-11-2007   #3
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Jags blow.
TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007   #4
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
The Jags blow.
And the Chiefs?
Old 09-11-2007   #5
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
And the Chiefs?
We won by over 2 touchdowns.

Btw... you guys will win more than 4 games.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007   #6
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 187 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And the Chiefs?
.....were in the playoffs last year.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007   #7
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellerLotYeller View Post
...and the Texans weren't very good last year. Things change.
Old 09-11-2007   #8
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And the Chiefs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellerLotYeller View Post
Quote:
...and the Texans weren't very good last year. Things change.
Agreed... things change. We have an advantage over many teams this year, it is called underestimation.

"Like a thief in the night" we can take the league by storm...
Old 09-11-2007   #9
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
We won by over 2 touchdowns.

Btw... you guys will win more than 4 games.
I was talking about the offense's superb 13 points.

Btw ... I'm not a "you guys" if you are referring to me as a Titans fan. I just think it is absurd that the Texans 13 offensive points was an awesome offensive display while the Titans 13 points suck.

13 points won't win many games; I'm not sure if we should count on frequent defensive scores this year. They are nice to have; I don't want them to be necessary to win.
Old 09-11-2007   #10
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Quote:

Btw ... I'm not a "you guys" if you are referring to me as a Titans fan. I just think it is absurd that the Texans 13 offensive points was an awesome offensive display while the Titans 13 points suck.

13 points won't win many games; I'm not sure if we should count on frequent defensive scores this year. They are nice to have; I don't want them to be necessary to win.
The Bears made it to the Super Bowl doing just that....

Old 09-11-2007   #11
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
The Bears made it to the Super Bowl doing just that....

Okay. I'll put you on the list of those who will be satisfied averaging 13 offensive points a game. How many will the defense need to average? About 10?
Old 09-11-2007   #12
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Quote:
Okay. I'll put you on the list of those who will be satisfied averaging 13 offensive points a game. How many will the defense need to average? About 10?
Hey, calm down. I was joking. Did you not notice the dancing banana with a whip? That signals a joke in my book.

Anyways....

I would certainly like to see more offensive action, particularly in the run game. But I think it will come with time. It is too early for me to give up on the offense that Kubes is trying to install with Schaub in there. I saw flashes of what this offense will look like once we have an improved blocking scheme.

But if you are wondering why the Titans 13 points are different than the Texans 13 points, it is probably because most of us hate or have a strong disliking for the Titans.

The Aggie in me won't let me tell you publicly that VY is a good player, but if you PM me, I may tell you different.
Old 09-11-2007   #13
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

All I said was that if you get 175 yards from the RB, I'd expect you to put up more than 13 points. I never said anything about the the Texans having an awesome offense. Heck, I didn't say anything about the Texans at all.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007   #14
Htownsportsfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 128 Htownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans were up by 17 and went to a ball/clock control game plan. Come on I am sure you have heard all the hype about our longest drive (time wise) in team history of 10 plus minutes. I am not saying the offense was high powered or even would have been if it had been close but except for stupid mistales we moved the ball pretty well. You gotta look at the whole game and see how the play calling changed to a ball control game plan. Hell not every team is like the Colts and just keep throwing until the final gun.

Support our troops
Htownsportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007   #15
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htownsportsfan View Post
The Texans were up by 17 and went to a ball/clock control game plan. Come on I am sure you have heard all the hype about our longest drive (time wise) in team history of 10 plus minutes. I am not saying the offense was high powered or even would have been if it had been close but except for stupid mistales we moved the ball pretty well. You gotta look at the whole game and see how the play calling changed to a ball control game plan. Hell not every team is like the Colts and just keep throwing until the final gun.
Agreed. I too believe that it is extremely important to note that we spent one sixth of the entire game controlling the clock on that late drive.

1/6 of the game. One Sixth. Over ten minutes. As far as I am concerned, that drive was the equivalent of when we took a knee to end the game. It secured us the win.
Old 09-11-2007   #16
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110 View Post
This coming from a fan of a team who has only 2 victories in history against the Titans.

Until the Moos make 8 wins you are still the laughing stock of the AFC.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007   #17
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
This coming from a fan of a team who has only 2 victories in history against the Titans.

Signed,

Pacman Jones
Old 09-11-2007   #18
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1627 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Signed,

Pacman Jones
Don't make Pac come after you... hes a wrastler (spelled that way for a reason)
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007   #19
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post

thank goodness

signed
Cleveland Browns
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007   #20
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 187 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
thank goodness

signed
Cleveland Browns
Beat me to it...
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read