Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-11-2007   #1
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default My 2 biggest week two matchups:

Feel free to post your's:

Steve Smith vs Dunta Robinson - If Smith gets matched up against Demarcus Faggins he's taking it to the house everytime. We not only need Dunta Robinson on him at all times, we need to roll a safety over the top to take away the deep ball. That Carolina offense is very dependent on what Smith can do, if he performs they perform if he doesn't Katie bar the door!!!

Julius Peppers vs Texans Oline - We need to keep him out of our backfield at all costs. If Peppers is contained Schaub can play pitch and catch with AJ and co. all day baby!!!

Old 09-11-2007   #2
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My 2 biggest week two matchups:

Owen Daniels vs Jon Beason/Dan Morgan - Basically, if we see Daniels catching balls over the middle, we know that Beason is going to be right around him. Beason was a hold-out and didn't get to training camp until week 2 I think (I haven't looked at the exact date) but is starting. Dan Morgan is the crafty veteran to the Panthers LB corps, but is an injury (concussion) liability.

Andre Johnson vs Chris Gamble/Ken Lucas - If they want to contain the big AJ they are going to have to at least double cover him, and I don't think either of these guys have enough ability to man up Dre.

Mario Williams vs Travelle Wharton/Jordan Gross - I think Mario lining up more over Wharton than Gross will be beneficial, as Jordan Gross is not bad at all. This could be a long day for the defensive front four as the Panthers offensive line isn't nearly as depleted as the Chiefs line was.
b0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007   #3
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Feel free to post your's:

Steve Smith vs Dunta Robinson - If Smith gets matched up against Demarcus Faggins he's taking it to the house everytime. We not only need Dunta Robinson on him at all times, we need to roll a safety over the top to take away the deep ball. That Carolina offense is very dependent on what Smith can do, if he performs they perform if he doesn't Katie bar the door!!!

let's not forget the other side of the ball. Drew Carter scored twice last week as the Rams probably were double teaming Smith every play. He has very good speed for a deep threat.

I think the answer lies in d-line pressure myself.
Old 09-12-2007   #4
Dallas_Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Dallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Owen Daniels vs Jon Beason/Dan Morgan - Basically, if we see Daniels catching balls over the middle, we know that Beason is going to be right around him. Beason was a hold-out and didn't get to training camp until week 2 I think (I haven't looked at the exact date) but is starting. Dan Morgan is the crafty veteran to the Panthers LB corps, but is an injury (concussion) liability.

Andre Johnson vs Chris Gamble/Ken Lucas - If they want to contain the big AJ they are going to have to at least double cover him, and I don't think either of these guys have enough ability to man up Dre.

Mario Williams vs Travelle Wharton/Jordan Gross - I think Mario lining up more over Wharton than Gross will be beneficial, as Jordan Gross is not bad at all. This could be a long day for the defensive front four as the Panthers offensive line isn't nearly as depleted as the Chiefs line was.
If they double up on AJ, someone will be open Leach, JJ, OD, etc, and Schaub will pick apart their defense all day......provided Peppers isn't all over him. I think the danger is going to be the secondary. I think the D-line and linebackers will hold back Foster, but Smith and Co are going to be tough to stop from scoring all day. I'm really excited, and a little nervous about this game.

It does seem like the Texans are getting to ease into the schedule starting with the Chiefs, then a better team in the Panthers, and then it will be time for the Colts. Better than starting against the Colts, Patriots, Chargers right!?

Dallas_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 297218 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

This game will be won in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Whoever dominates the line will probably win the game.
Old 09-13-2007   #6
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 72571 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
This game will be won in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Whoever dominates the line will probably win the game.
I definitely agree with you, DB. Hopefully, our O-line will be up to the task. IMO, the running game will HAVE to be productive for us to have a shot.
Old 09-13-2007   #7
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217185 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Kris Jenkins vs. McKinney and/or Pitts. When healthy, Jenkins is a very good player.
Old 09-13-2007   #8
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Kris Jenkins vs. McKinney and/or Pitts. When healthy, Jenkins is a very good player.
This matchup worries me. Jenkins is a monster when he is healthy. Peppers against Salaam and/or Winston doesn't excite me either. And finally, just like it was stated before if Smith gets Faggins on a few plays he is gonna burn him unless Faggins gets some help.

I think our key will be establishing the run to set up some play action. We may see Bruener alot this week to help block. The best thing is that the Texans have Schaub instead of Carr which gives us a real chance to win.

Look for Jacoby, Daniels, and Green to break through that Panther defense.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007   #9
real

The key to winning this game will be ball control.
Old 09-13-2007   #10
Jackofalltrades
Rookie

Agree with the Peppers match up, but you can't overlook Rucker or Jenkins. Jenkins will spend some time in the back field.

Smith can NOT be covered by one guy, it's been proven over and over again, even by the leagues best.

Your TE against our LBs is something I'll be watching closely, we've done poorly in coverage against TE's in years past, but Randy McMichaels was shut down last week, so maybe we've learned something.

Lucas vs Johnson will be a critical match up, as will Gamble vs Jones.

Your receivers are the only ones that worry me.

ST's is another discussion altogether, but I think you guys have the advantage there.
Jackofalltrades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007   #11
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Fans vs. anything related to David Carr
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007   #12
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackofalltrades View Post

Lucas vs Johnson will be a critical match up, as will Gamble vs Jones.

Your receivers are the only ones that worry me.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read