Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-11-2007   #1
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Orlando Pace Out for the Season

This is the second year in a row he is out with a different season ending injury. TheTexans may have dodged a bullet a couple of years ago. I'm interested to see how they replace him.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7208092
Old 09-11-2007   #2
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Orlando Pace Out for the Season

Not positive on this but ESPN said something about Pace's injury being potentially career-ending.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007   #3
Noblesse Oblige
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 Noblesse Oblige is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNoblesse Oblige is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

An absolute mauler. Shame he's having trouble staying healthy. Rams O won't be the same.
Old 09-11-2007   #4
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Not positive on this but ESPN said something about Pace's injury being potentially career-ending.

I've had some rotator cuff and labrum issues and... it hurts and you literally cannot move your arm past a certain point. I spent about a year not being able to touch the top of my head with my right hand and another year before I could do it without pain. It took a lot of rehab.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.

Last edited by The Pencil Neck; 09-11-2007 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Hand, Arm, whatever..
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007   #5
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
This is the second year in a row he is out with a different season ending injury. TheTexans may have dodged a bullet a couple of years ago. I'm interested to see how they replace him.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7208092
My guess is that they will play musical chairs with their Oline. They will switch Alex Barron their RT over the LT, and then rearrange the rest to reflect this. I remember the Texans considered both Jamal Brown(Saints) and Barron the year they took TJ. I think Barron had been drafted to be Pace's successor and he looks like his time at LT has come.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007   #6
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Pace is pretty much done after this. It is a shame though. However, we did dodge a bullet, though there is no telling if this injury streak would have occured here as well.
Old 09-12-2007   #7
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Out of curiousity - how similar is Orlando's injury (requiring surgery to rotator cuff and labrum IIRC) as opposed to Tony Boselli's career-ender? Or was Boselli's undoing multiple injuries / surgeries to the same shoulder?

Someone he'p me out here, please.

Oh, and HUMBERTO GO AWAY!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read