Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-10-2007   #1
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Larry Johnson all excuses......

“We didn’t do very good,” Johnson said, “and they weren’t even a great defense. When you have four turnovers on offense it’s hard to score points, but the decision-making we made in the process … we made it hard on ourselves. We had to fight ourselves to stay in the game. It shouldn’t be like that.”

http://www.kansascity.com/596/story/268129.html

Yeah buddy, don't give props to a defense that forced 4 turnovers.....it was all on your offense. Dismiss the fact that your team couldn't even score a TD.....good luck next week against the great Bears defense. You're a has been with a has been team, get used to it.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #2
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan
Send a message via AIM to JohnsonFan Send a message via Skype™ to JohnsonFan
Default Re: Larry Johnson all excuses......

lol and we werent a great D...We stopped u and ur team diddnt we and did u see mario larry? i guess not

PS. Yall wanna mess lets mess
JohnsonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #3
MissouriTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 MissouriTexan was voted MVPMissouriTexan was voted MVPMissouriTexan was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy View Post
“We didn’t do very good,” Johnson said, “and they weren’t even a great defense. When you have four turnovers on offense it’s hard to score points, but the decision-making we made in the process … we made it hard on ourselves. We had to fight ourselves to stay in the game. It shouldn’t be like that.”

Yeah buddy, don't give props to a defense that forced 4 turnovers.....it was all on your offense. Dismiss the fact that your team couldn't even score a TD.....good luck next week against the great Bears defense. You're a has been with a has been team, get used to it.
What a low-class thing to say about a team that just handed it to you.
MissouriTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #4
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan
Send a message via AIM to JohnsonFan Send a message via Skype™ to JohnsonFan

LJ i am disapointed in u

PS. Yall wanna mess lets mess
JohnsonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #5
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

What a pathetic player. I used to think he was great and all, but he's just got a horrible attitude. Now this!? That is such a joke and makes him look like a little winey sore loser.

Let's look at the 4 turnovers.
1- FUM- Von Hutchins hits the return man..HARD, Jason Simmons sandwiching from the other side, guy fumbles, charlie anderson recovers.
2- INT- Von Hutchings hits the WR...HARD (jacked up style) as he's catching the ball. Perfectly timed hit. Dunta has a heads up play to make the int.
3-FUM- Jamar Fletcher hits wr HARD as he's catching the dump off pass from huard, Mario smartly dives ontop of the ball. Then gets up when he realizes nobody touched him and TOUCHDOWN MARIO!!
4- INT- Travis Johnson rushes onto the field late, rushes the OG/C then sees Huard eyeing running back. TJ drops back in coverage as Huard throws the ball and TJ athletically makes the diving INT.

That's some hard hitting football right there and Larry Johnson is too big of a pu$$y to man up. He's a joke and I'm trading him off my fantasy team ; )
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #6
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy View Post

Wow....that is just class-less. He can't even own up to the fact they were outplayed all game long.....on BOTH sides of the ball.

Do they play the Packers this year? He could use some cheese to go will all that whining.
Old 09-10-2007   #7
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

LJ isn't a has-been, but he certainly is making his team look rather unprofessional.
Old 09-10-2007   #8
triplethreat
Veteran

Rep Power: 202 triplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok, even if our Defense wasn't good, which it is, thats just saying, they have a horrible defense, and our offense just can't beat them.
triplethreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #9
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6845 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Let me update the Reggie Bush note,

Mario Williams - 1TD
Larry Johnson - 0TD
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #10
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110 View Post
Let me update the Reggie Bush note,

Mario Williams - 1TD
Larry Johnson - 0TD

Whew! Just in time..! I thought I was going to have to click on one of the other 20 or so threads to see this same update... I always appreciate a time saver...

*edit* I took a neg for this crack ^^^... I thought I'd own up to my mistake, and eat my crow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolution
Notice this is in reference to LJ and not RB? Nothing personal, but I think you should read before you react!
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm
I guess I didn't read the names below... I got stuck on Reggie when he said he would update the Reggie Bush note (I think he said note?)
The Mario has more TDs than RB theme has worn thin, so I didn't pay attention to the entire mesage...

my bad.
My apologies to RTP2110

Although, I'm still not clear on why Reggie was mentioned in the post...

Last edited by michaelm; 09-11-2007 at 09:55 PM. Reason: I'm a jackhole sometime..
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #11
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

The Chiefs clearly sucked but if we're going to be realistic, LJ was right when he said we're not that good a defense. We looked much sharper than we have in times past, but I think the Chiefs really made us look better than we were.
Old 09-10-2007   #12
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I bet Larry Johnson and Steven Jackson talk quite often

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #13
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek View Post
The Chiefs clearly sucked but if we're going to be realistic, LJ was right when he said we're not that good a defense. We looked much sharper than we have in times past, but I think the Chiefs really made us look better than we were.
True, it can't be denied that we did very well against the Chiefs and not the Colts. Nobody would confuse the two.

This week against the Panthers will give us a better idea of where we are. I'm starting to think that over the first four weeks of the season you should really take what you see with a grain of salt. Until we have four or so games under our belts it's anyones guess how much better we are.

Every year teams get pounded on opening day and then go on to have very good seasons. Every year somebody makes a little out-of-the-gate run to the front of the pack only to fall back down or they start out stumbling, dig themselves a big hole, and then climb out of it to finish strong and get into the playoffs.
Old 09-10-2007   #14
real

Quote:

Bullspit.

You create your own fortune in football.

Our defense played a good game.

Last year our defense played really well the last part of the season once they gained some cohesiveness...Or did you forget...
Old 09-10-2007   #15
feebleminded

Rep Power: 9068 feebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Bullspit.

You create your own fortune in football.

Our defense played a good game.

Last year our defense played really well the last part of the season once they gained some cohesiveness...Or did you forget...
I couldn't agree more. Our secondary and LBs were flying all over the place, i hope we have that kind of effort on a consistent basis all season.

You know those guys were fired up if you have Faggins trying to lay out Tony Gonzales solo.
feebleminded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007   #16
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Thing is...this how a lot of people feel about our defense against the Chiefs.

I haven't heard many "The Texans did a great job defensively." In fact I've herad it once all of yesterday and none today. It was all about how the Chiefs screwed up.

It is hypocritical because if this was the Ravens playing the Chiefs and they forced the same amount of TOs doing it the same way...it would be hail to the great Ravens. But since it was us who held the Chiefs to 3 points (which is impressive against ANY team) and since it was us who forced 4 fumbles it seems like some guys can't believe the Texans defense actually did what they done so it must be the Chiefs who screwed up.

Newsflash for the talking heads...the reason the Chiefs offense looked bad is because the defense made them look bad...that is the purpose of defense afterall. To make the offense look bad and to give their offense more shots at scoring.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007   #17
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Its been one game. I have no idea how well we played(or how badly the chiefs played). I would have respected LJ if he manned up and said, "We got beaten by a better team today and need to think about turning it around next week" since clearly on Sunday the Texans were a better team than KC.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007   #18
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
Thing is...this how a lot of people feel about our defense against the Chiefs.

I haven't heard many "The Texans did a great job defensively." In fact I've herad it once all of yesterday and none today. It was all about how the Chiefs screwed up.

It is hypocritical because if this was the Ravens playing the Chiefs and they forced the same amount of TOs doing it the same way...it would be hail to the great Ravens. But since it was us who held the Chiefs to 3 points (which is impressive against ANY team) and since it was us who forced 4 fumbles it seems like some guys can't believe the Texans defense actually did what they done so it must be the Chiefs who screwed up.

Newsflash for the talking heads...the reason the Chiefs offense looked bad is because the defense made them look bad...that is the purpose of defense afterall. To make the offense look bad and to give their offense more shots at scoring.

Hey don't forget the fact our offense did a good job of also keeping them off the field as well. Sorry 10 minute drives are NOT accidents. Though i agree our D was really flying around out there and fine don't give the team credit. Just gives us the ability to sneak up on people.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007   #19
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Hey don't forget the fact our offense did a good job of also keeping them off the field as well. Sorry 10 minute drives are NOT accidents. Though i agree our D was really flying around out there and fine don't give the team credit. Just gives us the ability to sneak up on people.
This is...the Texans DOMINATED the Chiefs, that is why this year is different.

We beat a team we were favored to beat.
We beat them and outplay them...wait did we just do that?

Realize the Texan teams in the past...we STRUGGLED against EVERY team in the NFL nearly EVERY week (except the Jags lol), even the Raiders last year. This year we beat a team we were supposed to , and we didn't struggle to do so.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007   #20
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 146868 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

the chiefs are an offensive team held to 3 points, and were forced into 4 turnovers. they have gonzales, larry johnson, huard, and bennett. if the ravens, patriots, steelers, or any other team say this, it's a great defensive day.

if the texans say it, "the chiefs played poorly"

no ... we beat the chiefs 20-6 (if their rookie hits the chip shot). we out muscled them into turnovers. i'm fuzzy, but i cant remember a "oooh" hit from the chiefs' defense, while our D played exactly as we did against the cowboys ... loose against the pass but a full ESPN highlight reel of "wow did you see that hit?" against short passes and the run game. on offense we hit the long ball that we needed, we sustained drives, we held the ball in the second half while running down their throats, and delivered unadulterated violence on defense and special teams. oh, and our return game had a bad day.

the only suprise in this game is our first drive on offense. kubiak is absolutely known for his scripted first drives ... even david carr could do this. we came out jittery and without much cohesiveness early ... expect the rest of the season to be full of scoring on our early drives. the only disappointment in this game is that we didnt score 7 or 14 points sooner.

Last edited by Scooter; 09-11-2007 at 02:58 AM.
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read