Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 09-10-2007   #1
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 432 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Austin is standing up to KEYE.

WOW. So I just got done replying to 40+ emails sent to my KEYE42SUCKS.com site.

People are really aggrevated in Austin. Not just us board members. Alot of the people writing in read about the site in the Austin Chronicle and Austin American Statesman. People are all sending in their Vinson letters/replies and looking for refuge. I point them all to Third Base bar.

I should take my video camera and film the whole bar chanting "KEYE SUCKS" and post in on YOUTUBE.

Of course, there were a couple of "I hope you die", "Cowboys have 5 rings - Texans suck" emails... But those are unintelligent replies.

Go Texans.
rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #2
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Austin is standing up to KEYE.

LOL, I just noticed you are linking to this board. That explains many of the new sign ups today. Great job in getting the word out btw.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #3
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
WOW. So I just got done replying to 40+ emails sent to my KEYE42SUCKS.com site.

People are really aggrevated in Austin. Not just us board members. Alot of the people writing in read about the site in the Austin Chronicle and Austin American Statesman. People are all sending in their Vinson letters/replies and looking for refuge. I point them all to Third Base bar.

I should take my video camera and film the whole bar chanting "KEYE SUCKS" and post in on YOUTUBE.

Of course, there were a couple of "I hope you die", "Cowboys have 5 rings - Texans suck" emails... But those are unintelligent replies.

Go Texans.
Well done, rockabilly. Well done.

THIRD BASE -- if you are reading/observing, this is the "market opportunity" to which I referred. You can reasonably expect a wave en masse of Texans fans hungry for Texans football this weekend!!
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #4
TEXANSFAN1
Rookie

Just heard it on the Radio as well. KVET fm afternoon DJ in Austin made mention of KEYE's crap and said although he liked Vince Young he would rather watch the TEXANS since they are a Texas team.

It's starting to hit the fan.

TEXANSFAN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Good job Rockabilly and everyone else who has gotten involved... It starts with a couple and builds to an undeniable movement. Keep it up and I will do my part here in Houston....

Old 09-10-2007   #6
salinaspaul
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 salinaspaul was voted MVPsalinaspaul was voted MVPsalinaspaul was voted MVPsalinaspaul was voted MVP

I'm outta the loop - what happened?
Old 09-10-2007   #7
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

I can hear the spin from Gary Vinson. It went according to plan by depriving the Texans' fans , it spurred them into action.Blah Blah Blah Keye 42 still suxs!

Old 09-10-2007   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by salinaspaul View Post
I'm outta the loop - what happened?
Start at the beginning of this thread: Big Shock KEYE.............
Old 09-10-2007   #9
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Great job. Hopefully KEYE starts to see the movement. Seriously, why would you show Tennesee Titan games when you are the Capitol of Texas?
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #10
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

I am glad you guys are getting a reaction now !! I just want to know, what will you guys do once they come around AND start showing the Texans on a weekly basis, will you stay at home and watch it or still support the bars or places that have been showing it. It's like a catch 22 for ya'll.. Save $$ and watch it in the comfort of your homes or still support the places that showed it all these years..That's a tough call you will have to make, but I applaud your efforts to get under the skin of KEYE and to force a change !!

hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #11
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Personally, I like watching the game in the comfort of my own home - and uh... being able to monitor fantasy stuff on my laptop during the games.

HOWEVER - the get together at 3rd Base was SO much fun that I can totally see myself continuing to do that even when KEYE shows the games. The noise we made was so loud - it just felt good to be around other Houston Texan fans. Loved it.

So, to answer the previous question - I think I might see most of the games at 3rd Base regardless of what KEYE does.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #12
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
I am glad you guys are getting a reaction now !! I just want to know, what will you guys do once they come around AND start showing the Texans on a weekly basis, will you stay at home and watch it or still support the bars or places that have been showing it. It's like a catch 22 for ya'll.. Save $$ and watch it in the comfort of your homes or still support the places that showed it all these years..That's a tough call you will have to make, but I applaud your efforts to get under the skin of KEYE and to force a change !!

I think fan involvement in experiencing the game together and the issue with K-Eye are linked only to a certain point once the Texans begin to win.

There are plenty of Houstonians in this market and eventually those folks will want to go view with other like fans in a bar environment as we are social creatures who like to thump chests when the times are good. The beginning of this was to have a home for Austin Texans fans, not fight KEYE. The Texans progress and KEYE's actions are the gasoline and match in this scenario.
Old 09-10-2007   #13
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
I think fan involvement in experiencing the game together and the issue with K-Eye are linked only to a certain point once the Texans begin to win.

There are plenty of Houstonians in this market and eventually those folks will want to go view with other like fans in a bar environment as we are social creatures who like to thump chests when the times are good. The beginning of this was to have a home for Austin Texans fans, not fight KEYE. The Texans progress and KEYE's actions are the gasoline and match in this scenario.
I agree, I like being around others who enjoy the Texans and being able to and cheer the Team on and just have fun.
Old 09-10-2007   #14
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Heck I am paying for the NFL Ticket and still would go to the bar instead!
The revolution is better in numbers, those who sit at home need to get involved.
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #15
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWig View Post
Heck I am paying for the NFL Ticket and still would go to the bar instead!
The revolution is better in numbers, those who sit at home need to get involved.
So that is why we never had a couch revolution!
Old 09-10-2007   #16
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Personally, I like watching the game in the comfort of my own home - and uh... being able to monitor fantasy stuff on my laptop during the games.

HOWEVER - the get together at 3rd Base was SO much fun that I can totally see myself continuing to do that even when KEYE shows the games. The noise we made was so loud - it just felt good to be around other Houston Texan fans. Loved it.

So, to answer the previous question - I think I might see most of the games at 3rd Base regardless of what KEYE does.
Given a choice between watching the game at home, and watching it like we did this past Sunday, I'm choosing Third Base. It was the raucous atmosphere, good service, and just being around a bunch of Texans fans.

KEYE already let the horse out of the barn.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #17
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Alright, the first ad space goes to KEYE42Sucks.com. Here is the banner
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #18
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post

Great ad!
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #19
Studdard64
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Studdard64 is a quality contributor and well respectedStuddard64 is a quality contributor and well respectedStuddard64 is a quality contributor and well respectedStuddard64 is a quality contributor and well respectedStuddard64 is a quality contributor and well respectedStuddard64 is a quality contributor and well respectedStuddard64 is a quality contributor and well respectedStuddard64 is a quality contributor and well respectedStuddard64 is a quality contributor and well respectedStuddard64 is a quality contributor and well respectedStuddard64 is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool Re: Austin is standing up to KEYE.

Hey y'all, new to the board, but a Texan from the start.

I've contacted KEYE sponsors letting them know that myself, and anyone willing to listen to me, would not be using their products as long as KEYE aired the Titans.

I watched the game at the new Little Woodrow's down south, but would love to join the crowd at 3rd base this weekend. If it gets here in time, I'll be the guy in the Studdard jersey. If not I'll probably sport the DeMeco or Mario one instead.

Look forward to meeting some of y'all.
Studdard64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007   #20
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 432 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
VERY NICE. Thats awesome. Let's hope I have to increase my site bandwidth.
rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read