Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-10-2007   #1
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31247 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Who's # 21?

I told myself to remember his name so I could start a thread about him this morning, but I forgot as usual. This gut needs to step up his game. I know it's week one and all, but he had several, and I mean several missed tackles that apperared to be more like "whiffs". He stepped to the side to try and arm tackle and missed the player completely. Other times, he just completely took himself out of the play. I'm not trying to be negative here. I'm excited about our play yesterday and think it gives us a lot to build on, but if we are going to win more than we lose this year, this guy needs to play up to pro standards. Put your helmet in their chest and lay em' out. I wanna' see snot bubbles!
Old 09-10-2007   #2
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 77974 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who's # 21?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
I told myself to remember his name so I could start a thread about him this morning, but I forgot as usual. This gut needs to step up his game. I know it's week one and all, but he had several, and I mean several missed tackles that apperared to be more like "whiffs". He stepped to the side to try and arm tackle and missed the player completely. Other times, he just completely took himself out of the play. I'm not trying to be negative here. I'm excited about our play yesterday and think it gives us a lot to build on, but if we are going to win more than we lose this year, this guy needs to play up to pro standards. Put your helmet in their chest and lay em' out. I wanna' see snot bubbles!
http://www.houstontexans.com/team/Roster.html

Jamar Fletcher
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #3
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 74437 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

He did force the fumble that MW took to the house.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
I know it's week one and all, but he had several, and I mean several missed tackles that apperared to be more like "whiffs". He stepped to the side to try and arm tackle and missed the player completely. Other times, he just completely took himself out of the play.
Phillip Buchanon????????????
Old 09-10-2007   #5
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 74437 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ3 View Post
i thought von hutchins forced the fumble...
You might be right. If so, my bad!
Old 09-10-2007   #6
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Just read the Chron and it says Jamar Fletcher forced it.
Old 09-10-2007   #7
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15056 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post
You might be right. If so, my bad!
I believe Hutchins is the one that deflected the ball DRob intercepted.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-10-2007   #8
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

I watched Jamar for a few series. He is not a great tackler and his cover skills are iffy. Props to him on the fumble though.

Dunta and Petey are awesome, though.
TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #9
texflex513
All Pro

Who forced the eddie drummond fumble on special teams?
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #10
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31247 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texflex513 View Post
Anderson? I know he was the one one who came up with the ball IIRC.
Old 09-10-2007   #11
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ3 View Post
i thought von hutchins forced the fumble...
I think it was Fletcher, but not sure.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #12
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
#34 Von Hutchins. Anderson with the recovery.
Old 09-10-2007   #13
Lucky

Rep Power: 103975 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I thought it was Cook.
Old 09-10-2007   #14
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Wait...so Von Hutchins made 3 big plays?

Someone said he tipped the pass that Dunta INTed.
Then we have guys saying he forced both fumbles...

Edit

Just looked at our stats Von Hutchins forced no fumbles.

One was by Fletcher and the other was by DeMeco Dfense Ryans who also had 9 tackles.

Last edited by Leahmic223; 09-10-2007 at 10:28 AM.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #15
real

Von Hutchins caused D.Rob's pick AND he forced the fumble on that punt...

Jamar Fletcher caused the fumble which Mario scored on...

Everyone misses tackles...He should have made the play no doubt, but his play is helping us much more than it is hurting us...He's played pretty well actually...
Old 09-10-2007   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post

Fletcher caused the fumble that MW ran back.

Von Hutchins caused the tipped pass that Dunta picked and he caused the fumble by Drummond that Anderson recovered.
Old 09-10-2007   #17
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Edit

Just looked at our stats Von Hutchins forced no fumbles.

One was by Fletcher and the other was by DeMeco Dfense Ryans who also had 9 tackles.
The stats for this week are completely bogus. I can't find two websites that have the same stats. Did someone forget that the season just started?
TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #18
real

Quote:
If Demeco caused a fumble, I missed it.

I think that's an error.

I don't even think Demeco is on the punt team. In fact, I'd kinda be shocked if he was.
Old 09-10-2007   #19
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Hey you guys are confusing me lol.

Because NFL.com has DeMeco credited with a fumble and Fletcher is credited with one.
Old 09-10-2007   #20
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
The stats for this week are completely bogus. I can't find two websites that have the same stats. Did someone forget that the season just started?
Hmm must be so, because I don't remember Demeco getting a fumble either.

So I will wait till Monday to look at them.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read