Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-10-2007   #1
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Did you notice something new...

WE ACTUALLY THREW THE BALL DOWNFIELD RATHER THAN DUMP IT OFF 6 TIMES!! Much props to our QB Schaub for having the stones to get the ball to our playmakers. Even when he made the mistake in the endzone, he came out and threw it downfield again for a TD. I love a QB who has enough confidence in himself to go out and continue to stick with the game plan. Much props to Schaubby today. Hopefully we all can see that our offensive leader is going to give us every opportunity to win the game.
Old 09-10-2007   #2
JamesC
Lumberjack

Send a message via Yahoo to JamesC
Default Re: Did you notice something new...

I noticed how Schaub picked up the blitz and got rid of the ball quickly. Those were the same kind of plays where Carr would take a sack. Its encouraging to see those things.
JamesC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #3
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
I noticed how Schaub picked up the blitz and got rid of the ball quickly. Those were the same kind of plays where Carr would take a sack. Its encouraging to see those things.
Most definantely. Schaub is night and day above Carr.
Old 09-10-2007   #4
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 25097 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

I notitced that we actually had a sustained, time eating drive at the beginning of the 4th quarter. Just like real NFL teams do. Took something like 8 min off the clock. Defense got a chance to catch their breath - no 3 and out.

It was fantastic. Way to go Texans!
Old 09-10-2007   #5
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

I noticed our QB held onto the ball deep in our territory when he was blindsided.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #6
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
I notitced that we actually had a sustained, time eating drive at the beginning of the 4th quarter. Just like real NFL teams do. Took something like 8 min off the clock. Defense got a chance to catch their breath - no 3 and out.

It was fantastic. Way to go Texans!
That drive actually consumed 10 minutes and 26 seconds. It was freaking awesome!

I was stunned and I know the Chiefs were. They knew we were going to pound Dayne right at em' and they still couldn't stop us!
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #7
MissouriTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 MissouriTexan was voted MVPMissouriTexan was voted MVPMissouriTexan was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post
I noticed our QB held onto the ball deep in our territory when he was blindsided.
That was a crazy hit, dont know how he held on.
MissouriTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-10-2007   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I noticed that we had a lead and were still throwing the ball. That's a weird feeling for Texans fans.
Old 09-10-2007   #9
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

the long ball makes it's return to houston. good times.
Old 09-10-2007   #10
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 254692 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Just a couple of points to add.

1. 72.7% completions.
2. 10.2 yards per attempt.
3. 101.5 QB Rating.

Let's see if we can keep that up.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #11
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5748 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

What did I notice, you make the call.

Pop Quiz: Your QB gets flushed out of the pocket, what does he do?

a)Roll out and throw to your reciever
b)Roll out and run for positive yardage
c)Throw the ball away
d)All the above
e)Run the ball out of bounds for negative yards
f)Assume the fetal position then get up and say gosh darnit guys
hookinreds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #12
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5748 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CabbageFerguson View Post
the long ball makes it's return to houston. good times.
Dante would be proud.
Old 09-10-2007   #13
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Just a couple of points to add.

1. 72.7% completions.
2. 10.2 yards per attempt.
3. 101.5 QB Rating.

Let's see if we can keep that up.
not only can he keep that up but I thought that he had first game jitters and looked like he is just getting a feel for the offense and can clean his game up a bit. I didn't think he played to all his potential yesterday...The sky is the limit.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #14
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 127251 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
not only can he keep that up but I thought that he had first game jitters and looked like he is just getting a feel for the offense and can clean his game up a bit. I didn't think he played to all his potential yesterday...The sky is the limit.
I agree.

He made some mistakes yesterday and still had a good overall performance.

When he gets going, he's going to be great.
Old 09-10-2007   #15
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yea, I see more crossing routes and quick slants to JJ in the near future. Unless it was when I was releasing the beer back into the keg at 3rd Base, I don't recall seeing a single screen pass either...which I thought we would see more of. Maybe Kubs saw the light and was holding some things back for Carolina.
Old 09-10-2007   #16
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Salaam pretty much admitted last night that an early INT would have given this team a collective "not this again" feeling in the past.

But Schaub brushed it off and never looked back. Another new concept for the Houston Texans. Players that get over mistakes and excel in spite of them.

Where's all them haters now?
Old 09-10-2007   #17
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ3 View Post
ummm...because he had two hands on the ball.

my seats are in the endzone (500 level) so the deep pass to andre for the td was like watching a play unfold in madden. as soon as the play action hit we all saw exactly where the ball was going...

AND THEN IT WENT THERE!!! holy hell, it may as well have been in slow motion it was so pretty...
Yeah, me and my buddy were jumping right after the play fake. AJ was one on one with the whole middle of the field and we knew what was coming. Such a great play. Just think, the other # 8 would have over thrown it or dumped it off to Green.
Old 09-10-2007   #18
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's exactly what I said to my friend Barry when Schaub threw that interception in the end zone. It was right and front of us and the first thing that came out of my mouth was "Chill out, this is his first real game as our starter and he's probably pushing a little too hard to make something good happen. He'll settle down and get better".

And he friggin DID. There's more to come I think. Schaub is for real.
Old 09-10-2007   #19
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
Yeah, me and my buddy were jumping right after the play fake. AJ was one on one with the whole middle of the field and we knew what was coming. Such a great play. Just think, the other # 8 would have over thrown it or dumped it off to Green.
He caught it right in front of us. It was a thing of beauty to behold. I kept pinching myself to make sure I hadn't fallen asleep and some how become a Colts fan. The Texans got a 77 yard TD pass!!!!
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #20
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

I noticed that not only were passes being thrown down the field...they were being to recievers who were running between the hash marks. I could have sworn there was a rule against receivers running between the hash marks.

Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read