Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-09-2007   #1
MissouriTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 MissouriTexan was voted MVPMissouriTexan was voted MVPMissouriTexan was voted MVP
Default Dunta?

Just a small question, this had me confused. First Texans game I've been able to watch in a looong time (because they faced the Chiefs) and they kept calling Dunta "Dante". Is Dunta pronounced the same way as Dante, or is this just another example of CBS announcers not doing their homework?
MissouriTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #2
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Dunta?

It's always been pronounced Dunta, as far as I know. When he was drafted, there was some speculation that his Momma couldn't spell Dante.

EDIT - I meant to say Don-tay, lol. I spelled it correctly, and then pronounced it correctly in my head. Read what I mean, not what I type

Last edited by eriadoc; 09-09-2007 at 10:59 PM.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #3
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

I know I'm Deaf but I actively try to learn how to pronounce these guys' names. It's pronounced DON-tay. It annoys the HELL out of me because I generally prounce them as they're spelled. Not this time!
Old 09-09-2007   #4
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 85708 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
I know I'm Deaf but I actively try to learn how to pronounce these guys' names. It's pronounced DON-tay. It annoys the HELL out of me because I generally prounce them as they're spelled. Not this time!

Not to get too personal, but your statement made me wonder if you could hear at one time.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #5
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Not to get too personal, but your statement made me wonder if you could hear at one time.
Born Deaf. I had great parents and brothers who devoted all they could towards my speech therapy.
Old 09-09-2007   #6
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 85708 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Born Deaf. I had great parents and brothers who devoted all they could towards my speech therapy.
Forgive my ignorance, but I always kind of connected pronunciation with hearing... I mean, I know you can spell out the pronunciation of a word, but never occurred to me that it would have much importance other than in audible communication.
I would have assumed (again, in my ignorance) that a deaf person would pretty much just see it as it is spelled... kind of interesting topic, actually.

BTW, whoever did your sig did a great job. Sorry I never got around to making one for you... after my company went public, I had to uninstall all personal software, including photoshop, from my company laptop...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #7
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Forgive my ignorance, but I always kind of connected pronunciation with hearing... I mean, I know you can spell out the pronunciation of a word, but never occurred to me that it would have much importance other than in audible communication.
I would have assumed (again, in my ignorance) that a deaf person would pretty much just see it as it is spelled... kind of interesting topic, actually.

BTW, whoever did your sig did a great job. Sorry I never got around to making one for you... after my company went public, I had to uninstall all personal software, including photoshop, from my company laptop...
PM will be sent. I don't want to hijack any threads. This is a Dunta thread and it shall remain that. ANYONE who has a genuine morbid fascination with my Deafness can ABSOLUTELY PM me or create a thread in it's own about it. I'm very open and will answer any questions one may have.

Lork88 did my sig.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read