Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-09-2007   #1
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Prayers for Bills' Kevin Everett

The Bills TE Keven Everett went down unconscious on the field today.

Latest word coming from the Bills Message Board indicates that he suffered a cervical spine injury, and never regained consciousness on the field. The word on the message board (take it for what its worth) is that he is undergoing emergency surgery, and that word around the hospital is indicating he's paralyzed.

Like I said earlier, put him in your prayers.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #2
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Prayers for Bills' Kevin Everett

That really sucks. They were talking about it on Sunday Night Football. I hope he is alright.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #3
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Good luck and Godspeed, Keven!
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #4
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Always terrible to hear of this sort of injury, he will be remembered in prayer.
Old 09-09-2007   #5
jaybird
Veteran

I heard about this, but didn't see it... prayers are to his family and for the doctors who are performing the surgery
Old 09-09-2007   #6
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

POSTED 8:28 p.m. EDT, September 9, 2007

KEVIN EVERETT IN EMERGENCY SURGERY

Peter King of NBC reports that Bills tight end Kevin Everett currently is in emergency surgery to repair a cervical spinal injury suffered during Sunday's game against the Broncos.

Everett's injury is the most serious of a rash of injuries suffered by the Bills on Sunday. Cornerback Jason Webster fractured an arm. Linebacker Coy Wire injured an MCL. Safety Ko Simpson broke an ankle.

It's a horrendous start for the Bills, but all of those injuries are eclipsed by the serious situation involving Everett. We'll kee you posted as to the reports.

I read where he attended Port Aurthur Jefferson .

http://www.nfl.com/players/kevinever...e?id=EVE276484

Round Dan

Last edited by Honoring Earl 34; 09-09-2007 at 10:03 PM.
Honoring Earl 34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #7
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's more information on Kevin Everett

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

Quote:

Bills spokesman Scott Berchtold said he was informed by the team's medical staff the player went into surgery at about 8 p.m. Berchtold said he had no further information, and didn't know whether Everett had shown any signs of movement since he was driven off the field in an ambulance.

--------------------

Bills general manager Marv Levy said doctors informed the team that it's too early to determine the severity of the injury and they will know more after monitoring the player overnight.

"Certainly, we feel the injury is serious, but I don't want to speculate, and that's what the doctors told us," Levy told The Associated Press. "They told us to wait to hear from them before making any speculative announcement."

--------------------

Everett fell to the ground and never moved after a helmet-to-helmet hit when he tackled Denver's Domenik Hixon during a kickoff to open the second half. Everett was placed on a backboard with his head and body immobilized, and carefully loaded into an ambulance at the Broncos 30.

The game was delayed for about 15 minutes, and the Bills gathered at the sideline while doctors attended to the player.
My thoughts and prayers go out to Kevin Everett.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-10-2007   #8
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

I've heard radio reports this morning that he is in stable conditions and he has regained a small amount of movement.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #9
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Rep Power: 316 ChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
I've heard radio reports this morning that he is in stable conditions and he has regained a small amount of movement.
Let's hope so.

How often do they operate so quickly with these type of injuries? I always thought they tried to stabilize patients until the swelling at the point of injury goes down.
ChildressTitanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #10
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow!! I know it sounds cliche', but thoughts and prayers to Kevin Everett and his family!!!
Old 09-10-2007   #11
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildressTitanMan View Post
Let's hope so.

How often do they operate so quickly with these type of injuries? I always thought they tried to stabilize patients until the swelling at the point of injury goes down.
From what I've been reading, they had to remove bone chips from the 3rd and 4th vertibrae that driven into his spinal cord. The faster that they can do it lessens the amount of damage.

I'm not a doctor, but I've always heard that anything about the 5th vertebrae effects the breathing.

It's about as serious as it can get.
Old 09-10-2007   #12
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I love football. I love to play it with friends, I love to watch it on Saturdays. But hearing about this has taken a little of that love out of me. It's hard to explain, but I guess seeing a guy potentially be paralyzed for life makes me dislike the sport in a way. I still love the game, but I guess there's a little emptiness there at the moment.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #13
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I love football. I love to play it with friends, I love to watch it on Saturdays. But hearing about this has taken a little of that love out of me. It's hard to explain, but I guess seeing a guy potentially be paralyzed for life makes me dislike the sport in a way. I still love the game, but I guess there's a little emptiness there at the moment.
Its easy to get discouraged from an injury like this, but honestly, when was the last time you heard of a pro football player have an injury this serious?

Its not as common as it seems. Now look at other sports. Car Racing, basketball, baseball, etc They lal have their share of injuries. And now look at other jobs. Construction, fisherman, policeman, etc they all have their share too.

The simple fact is that living life is dangerous. Some things increase that risk of injury, but you can't live life in fear of ever getting hurt or youll end up missing it altogether
Old 09-10-2007   #14
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

God Bless Kevin Everett and his family. My thoughts and prayers are with you, Kevin.
Old 09-10-2007   #15
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan
Send a message via AIM to JohnsonFan Send a message via Skype™ to JohnsonFan

this is so sad he will most liley never play again

PS. Yall wanna mess lets mess
JohnsonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #16
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Rep Power: 316 ChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
From what I've been reading, they had to remove bone chips from the 3rd and 4th vertibrae that driven into his spinal cord. The faster that they can do it lessens the amount of damage.

I'm not a doctor, but I've always heard that anything about the 5th vertebrae effects the breathing.

It's about as serious as it can get.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
Its easy to get discouraged from an injury like this, but honestly, when was the last time you heard of a pro football player have an injury this serious?

Its not as common as it seems. Now look at other sports. Car Racing, basketball, baseball, etc They lal have their share of injuries. And now look at other jobs. Construction, fisherman, policeman, etc they all have their share too.

The simple fact is that living life is dangerous. Some things increase that risk of injury, but you can't live life in fear of ever getting hurt or youll end up missing it altogether
It is scary to think an injury like this occurred so easily but as resilient as the human body is,sometimes people are just unlucky & something like this happens.
ChildressTitanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #17
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1185 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsonFan View Post
this is so sad he will most liley never play again
Uh, buddy, in case you haven't thought this through - Mr. Everett is quite literally fighting for his life. This goes way beyond being sad, but not because he'll never play a game again. No, this is sad because he may not ever get to do those things again that ordinary folks take for granted like pick up his kids (if he has any), take a walk around the neighborhood, or even feed himself. This is indeed sad, but it has nothing to do with the game.

And this last part may belong in the devotionals, but I'm writing it anyway:

Father God, we pray that You will be with Kevin Everett in this darkest of hours. We pray that You will have Your hands upon him as he begins this long road to recovery and that You will be a comfort to his family as they wait for Kevin to regain consciousness. Father, strengthen them all for what could be a long and arduous recovery for Kevin. Give them the resolve that they will need for him when he comes to. We pray that You will annoint the doctors and hospital staff that are working with him. Give them healing hands so that they can help Kevin in any way that You would call them to. Above all else, Father, we pray supernatural healing over Kevin Everett so that he would not have to be confined to a bed or a wheelchair. We claim healing for him, Father, in Jesus' holy name.

Thy will be done....
Old 09-11-2007   #18
Marcus
Hall of Fame

This is the latest.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news_5221.html
Old 09-11-2007   #19
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

at least theres some positive news that he could feel his limbs and move his legs a bit... lets hope he pulls threw... stay strong kevin... get well soon dude
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007   #20
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Prayers for him and his family!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read