Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-09-2007   #1
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default For those who attended the game...

What was the atmosphere like after we took it to the Chiefs? What was the fan reaction outside Reliant during the post game? Man I wish I was there!
Old 09-09-2007   #2
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: For those who attended the game...

It was a festive mood.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #3
HardcoreTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 HardcoreTexan is on the Pro-Bowl ballotHardcoreTexan is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

All I heard was a here and there one person yelled HOUSTON and then a bunch of people yelled TEXANS everywhere...it was great
Old 09-09-2007   #4
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 85708 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

It was loud, but the fans seemed tentative at first. It seemed like people were unsure what to expect. After we went up by 10, people around me really started getting into it. I had a blast!
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #5
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

It was very loud going down the ramps, lots of Houston, Texans chants. IMO the crowd gets credit for one charged time out for KC and one motion penalty for their offense. They were near our endzone, and we were LOUD!! The stadium had white reliant towels taped in a bag on each seat in the stadium. Between the white shirts, towels and NOISE the energy level at the game was great.

Did have one guy behind me who was incredibly negative. Kept saying Schuab was just like Carr. Even towards the end of the game, he was finding neg. things to say. Why in the world would you spend money on going to the game if you feel that negative about the team. He had on Texans gear, so he wasn't a KC fan. But other than that small annoyance, it was a great day to be a Texans fan. Chants of Mar-i-o even got started after the TD and sacks.
Old 09-09-2007   #6
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

That is great! I can only imagine the optomism pouring out of Reliant after the victory. Both sides of the ball played great, the fans looked sweet wearing white on the tube, and it felt good to see TJ finally playing like a 1st Rounder. Oh, and the Mario Williams guy.....he had a good game too...lol
Old 09-09-2007   #7
jaybird
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post
What was the atmosphere like after we took it to the Chiefs? What was the fan reaction outside Reliant during the post game? Man I wish I was there!
LOUD! The atmosphere inside the stadium was fantastic. Very loud, great cheering, lots of fans pumped up.

After the game I'm not sure. Saw a lot of happy people though. Lots getting ready to tailgate for the rest of the day.
Old 09-09-2007   #8
HardcoreTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 HardcoreTexan is on the Pro-Bowl ballotHardcoreTexan is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

It was definatly LOUD in there during the game
Old 09-09-2007   #9
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 49705 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Remember 19-10? Okay, maybe a tad under that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #10
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan
Send a message via AIM to JohnsonFan Send a message via Skype™ to JohnsonFan

man i wish i was there!

PS. Yall wanna mess lets mess
JohnsonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #11
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Two guys behind me were talking about video games almost the entire game. WTF is up with that?!?! Other than that, it was rockin!

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #12
jaybird
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Two guys behind me were talking about video games almost the entire game. WTF is up with that?!?! Other than that, it was rockin!
I'll never understand that... but what's worse is when I see kids at a Texans game or Stros and they are PLAYING video games.. .I'm like your parents paid $50 for you to come to a game and they let you play video games... unreal
Old 09-09-2007   #13
fredaustex
Rookie

Great atmosphere. Great game. The only complaint I had was the stubhub ticket folks behind me whining to each other about me standing up...
fredaustex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #14
jaybird
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaustex View Post
Great atmosphere. Great game. The only complaint I had was the stubhub ticket folks behind me whining to each other about me standing up...
Yeah there were a few whiners today... had some guys whining about how loud the cannon was... I was thinking 'have you ever been to a game before?'
Old 09-09-2007   #15
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, I'm completely tuckered out!! BUT, oh, what a great feeling!!!

I thought the gametime atmosphere was very good, but, nothing compared to that Dallas game. Fans were loud, I do believe they are learning to shut up when our O is on the field, but, there were several times when the D was waving their arms like 'angels in the outfield' and Texans fans remained relatively quiet. I did notice that a lot more fans stayed in their seats to the very end!! No mass exodus with 3-4 min left on the clock.

I'm still wondering what happened to the pregame team announcement. They called out MARIO, the fans repled WILLIANS, and the entire D ran out on the field and that was the end of that! ODD, to say the least.

After five hours on a HOT parking lot, a very exciting game, and walking out into a freaking sauna from hell, I am completely wiped!! Might not function for three days! lol BUT, who cares! Our TEXANS have a winning streak going!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #16
jaybird
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I'm still wondering what happened to the pregame team announcement. They called out MARIO, the fans repled WILLIANS, and the entire D ran out on the field and that was the end of that! ODD, to say the least.
NO ONE knew what was going on LOL... what I heard was that the team decided that they wanted to come out as a team... I'm not sure if this is because they took too much time pre-game and I know they have to start the game at a certain time or get fined (which i doubt) or if they just wanted to show team sportsmanship ala the New England Patriots... what ever the case they didn't tell anyone until about two seconds before they came out onto the field so none of the pre-game crew knew what was going on.
Old 09-09-2007   #17
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

The noise level was okay, but nothing like the Dallas game.

People were kinda sitting on their hands not knowing what to expect. Even when we went up by 17 I think that some expecting the old Texans to return.

If they come home from Carolina 2-0 I would expect it to be a lot louder.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #18
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 199795 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post
The noise level was okay, but nothing like the Dallas game.

People were kinda sitting on their hands not knowing what to expect. Even when we went up by 17 I think that some expecting the old Texans to return.

If they come home from Carolina 2-0 I would expect it to be a lot louder.
I know that it will be a whole lot louder.

I'm a gonna be there.

Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #19
Crank_It_Up
Veteran

before the opening kickoff, the crowd was very loud, you could feel the emotion... the players had to feel it too. The crowd was making a lot of noise earlier than usual for a kickoff. Looking at the stands there was a sea of white jerseys waving white towels, cheering very loud. The stadium was pretty full too. It was a fun day to be at Reliant.

Even the people in the suites almost cheered.
Old 09-09-2007   #20
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I personally witnessed a very interesting, good nature ribbing given to a nice pair of KC fans by a Texan fan wearing a leather aviator helmet you know the kind I guess it was around the middle of the 4th qt. & he was swinging his arms around motioning to them that the game was over, directing them to the exits. mind you these where front row field tickets, I'm sure they paid a pretty penny for them & like true fans they had no intention of leaving their beloved Chiefs. but the bantering continued & caught the attention of secuity so the fan was told to stay in his seat, nothing more happened.

it was funny, good natured & for once nice to be sitting on the winning side it felt good

so heres to you Texan avaitor dude very funny stuff all in good fun/taste

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read