Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-09-2004   #1
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default Key Matchup: Dwight Freeney Vs. O-line

I think this is what is going to be the difference between keeping the game close. You saw that Carr didn't have too much time to pick his reciever during the Broncos game because of pressure (something Jacksonville failed to do). After watching the Monday night game against the Vikings...Freeney has excellent outside burst and spin moves that might give Wand or Wade (Freeney moved to both sides) troubles during the game.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004   #2
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

It is not much as Freeney vs. Wade because the Colts will surely put him against the LT who started playing this season. Wand has had a pretty good season this year, but Freeney will give him a lot of trouble for the things you mentioned so look for a lot of bootlegs and rollouts...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004   #3
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

hopefully are run game can come through. Davis has had pretty good games against this team before, and Indy certainly didn't look like a team that stops the run much. I think our secondary needs to get it in gear after the debacle last week.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004   #4
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Yeah freeney has a little burst,,,,especially when he gets an EARLY start (offsides) !! But i think our boys can handle him,,,cause if not it will be another long day for Carr
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004   #5
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

I guess we could always throw Bruener over to help out Wand if it really became a problem.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004   #6
kuno
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
hopefully are run game can come through. Davis has had pretty good games against this team before, and Indy certainly didn't look like a team that stops the run much. I think our secondary needs to get it in gear after the debacle last week.
i think they are in the middle of the pack with rushing defense. Their run defense is much better than their pass defense. Which can be tricky cause you wanna run against them anyway and not get into a shootout.

With the personel issues on Defense the Coltshave, i think Dungy's plan is to stop the run and let other teams try to shoot it out. Cant fall for that...
kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004   #7
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd Coast Playa
the problem i saw with our o line last game was the broncs ends were beating our tackles out of their stance. freeney is very good at that, that is his strength. he is only like 260 pounds so he relies on quickness

He is QUICK at getting off the line so quick sometimes ya cant tell whether he was offsides or not ! Crazy huh,,,,,,3rd Coast call my cell later talk about the green bay game !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read