Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-09-2007   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Mario Williams and the DL

I don't want to jinx the guy, and I know one game doesn't make a season and the whole "it is a team effort".... I know all that, but this is something I have been waiting for , for about 17 real games now and when I see something written like this, I am in disbelief.... now I need ESPiN to make me come down to earth(or maybe Carolina)

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap?gid=20070909034

Quote:
This is the Mario Williams the Houston Texans have been waiting for.

Last year's top overall pick returned a fumble for a touchdown, had five tackles including two sacks to help the Texans to a 20-3 win over the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday.
I also know that every game ,Mario isn't going to have stats like that

I hope this game is a spring board for our DL and their confidence..

and for TJ, beautiful read on the INT ..I hope it gets you started too ..more they do the better for Okoye to grow and take pressure off

Last edited by Wolf; 09-09-2007 at 03:41 PM.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #2
feebleminded

Rep Power: 9068 feebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mario Williams and the DL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
I don't want to jinx the guy, and I know one game doesn't make a season and the whole "it is a team effort".... I know all that, but this is something I have been waiting for , for about real 17 games now and when I see something written like this, I am in disbelief.... now I need ESPiN to make me come down to earth(or maybe Carolina)

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap?gid=20070909034

I also know that every game ,Mario isn't going to have stats like that

I hope this game is a spring board for our DL and their confidence..

and for TJ, beautiful read on the INT ..I hope it gets you started too ..more they do the better for Okoye to grow and take pressure off
I don't know if you could see it on TV but the funny thing about that play was that Travis and Amobi were all confused on the substitution. Travis literally barely made it 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage at the snap after running in from the sideline. Good hands for the big guy.
feebleminded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #3
real

heeeeeeeeeeeey, and I love it!
Old 09-09-2007   #4
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 29181 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by feebleminded View Post
I don't know if you could see it on TV but the funny thing about that play was that Travis and Amobi were all confused on the substitution. Travis literally barely made it 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage at the snap after running in from the sideline. Good hands for the big guy.
That was what made the interception so much more wonderful

TJ was late to the line and once he got there the ball just landed in his hands
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #5
jaybird
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
That was what made the interception so much more wonderful

TJ was late to the line and once he got there the ball just landed in his hands
Maybe that's what Damon never say him. It was a great catch
Old 09-09-2007   #6
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan
Send a message via AIM to JohnsonFan Send a message via Skype™ to JohnsonFan

All i have to say about mario to you all is.... I TOLD YA SO!!! omg i knew he would break out i said it he is worth the pick! GO MARIO

PS. Yall wanna mess lets mess
JohnsonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #7
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsonFan View Post
All i have to say about mario to you all is.... I TOLD YA SO!!! omg i knew he would break out i said it he is worth the pick! GO MARIO
give it time padawan , give it time
Sponsored links
Old 09-09-2007   #8
AGGIEZ
Rookie

Quote:

Sorry buddy, but if you sunshine pumpers are going to gripe at us for calling Mario a bust after 1 season and 2 pre-seasons, you sure as hell can't call Mario a freaking Pro-bowler\furture hall of famer after 1 good game.

If he has double digit sacks this year, I may start to rethink my feelings on how he wasn't worthy of a Top 5 pick much less our #1 overall, but that remains to be seen...
AGGIEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #9
real

Aggie, Mario is a good football player.

That's prett much the end of that.

How good he is going to be is going to be up to him.
Old 09-09-2007   #10
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 114195 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Give it a rest JohnsonFan, one your first posts was "Mario = is one of the biggest busts in history"
Old 09-09-2007   #11
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm very happy with Mario but here's my question which pertains to the rest of the DL and N.D. Kalu in particular. Will N.D. Kalu miss any games? He cracked several bones in his hand according to ESPN. He injured his hand during the game and had it placed in a cast before returning. His return was a good sign but on the other hand... are we pushing it here? If he misses games then who would be inserted into his slot in the rotation? All of a sudden our defensive line just got a little thinner with the trade of Babin (which I supported) and now maybe the loss of Kalu. Did we overspend ourselves against a paltry Kansas City offensive line? I think we just may have.
Old 09-09-2007   #12
jaybird
Veteran

He should be ok with a cast on it... might affect his play a little bit, but I expect him to still play.
Old 09-09-2007   #13
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Mario showed some ability to rush the passer and hurried a few throws as well. Both of his sacks and his fumble return were team plays, but Mario was there to make the play and you gotta give him credit for it.

I couldn't have envisioned a better start to the season except I would have liked Jacoby to get loose once or twice as WR and as KR/PR.

FWIW - Travis Johnson now looks like he cares and looks to be in good shape. Maybe all this is going to come together finally this year
*fingers crossed*

I <3 my Texans!!!!
Old 09-09-2007   #14
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

What I liked was seeing an interception by Dunta, an interception by TJ, and a fumble recovered for a touchdown by Mario, marking the most productive effort by our last three first round picks that I have seen. My hat's off to them. It was great seeing all three of them having an impact in a game.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #15
Wolf
100% Texan

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/...-williams.html

only 2 posts on carolina thread about him
Old 09-09-2007   #16
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
I'm very happy with Mario but here's my question which pertains to the rest of the DL and N.D. Kalu in particular. Will N.D. Kalu miss any games? He cracked several bones in his hand according to ESPN. He injured his hand during the game and had it placed in a cast before returning. His return was a good sign but on the other hand... are we pushing it here? If he misses games then who would be inserted into his slot in the rotation? All of a sudden our defensive line just got a little thinner with the trade of Babin (which I supported) and now maybe the loss of Kalu. Did we overspend ourselves against a paltry Kansas City offensive line? I think we just may have.
You never overspend when you get the W. This is NFL football injuries happen.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #17
Wolf
100% Texan

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/...ing-today.html

another thread
Old 09-09-2007   #18
jaybird
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
I like how they make it look so easy to beat the offensive... just shut down AJ lol... yeah... it's that easy... and I have a feeling if you shut down AJ you'll be getting a lot of JJ on the other side
Old 09-09-2007   #19
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
You never overspend when you get the W. This is NFL football injuries happen.
I know that injuries happen. What I meant by overspending was that this occured in the fourth quarter. We had already put the game away. We had a 20 point lead. I did not mean overspending in terms of money. Just wanted to be sure we were clear on that. N.D. Kalu is our vereran who's anchoring our youngsters. We have to do our best not to lose him by playing him smart. Did we really need Kalu in the fourth? To the point to bring him back into the game with a cast? I really don't know about that. I can understand if this happened in the first half and him returning for the second but cheeeeee. Leaving the game long enough to get a cast put on and then returning just seems like an overspend. We have depth on that defensive line, don't we? I realize it's a littler thinner without Babin but it's plently deep. I would have maybe reinserted Kalu in the game if his replacement was sputtering or something.

**DISCLAIMER**

I do not claim to be a guru. I'm just your typical average die-hard Texans fan who genuinely wants to understand the game on a deeper level. I can only submit my thoughts and logic of thinking until shown that there's a better option. So let's talk rationally, folks!
Old 09-09-2007   #20
Wolf
100% Texan

IMO it is one of those things that when it happens we say "Why keep the guy in" but on the other hand, if Kubiak took the guys out and the Chiefs came back.we'd be saying"Texans choked"

To me it was bad luck

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read