Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Simmons tears patellar tendon

Any question who starts next week? Get ready Boulware - your up.

Simmons - damn that guy cant stay in the lineup. Golden Oppurtunity slipped away again. Good luck on the recovery.

Any question who starts next week? Get ready Boulware - your up.

Simmons - damn that guy cant stay in the lineup. Golden Oppurtunity slipped away again. Good luck on the recovery.

hutchins and brown didnt look too bad. i think we will be OK there until we are sure boulware is ready

in that note did Boulware stay in the game after Simmons went out?

I saw him on the field one time (on the punt) but never caught a glimpse of him later (might have missed it)

I saw him on the field one time (on the punt) but never caught a glimpse of him later (might have missed it)

I think they went with CC and Von. I didn't notice Boulware out there playing safety... but... I really wasn't looking that much.

i saw him on that ST play as well but i dont recall ever seeing him in any of the defensive packages. even with the injury to simmons i dont think he will be starting next week - infantry said it best

Yes it sucks, big time. But if the Defense can play like they did today on a consistent basis we will be okay. They looked like a cohesive unit out there.

But Specnatz made a great observation during the watch party.....is it that our defense looked really good or their offense looked really bad? :specnatz:

Either way, i am extremely pleased at how well they played......lots of football to come.....good times.

:texflag:

Damn shame he was playing a good game before the injury . Boulware had better bring it real soon we need him now .:d:

Boulware was on the field for atleast one defensive snap for sure.

So we are short a Strong Safety. Do we bring Dexter McLeon back? He was on the last list of cuts, and is already familiar with the Texan's system. Who do you guys think will fill the spot? What will the two deep at safety look like after the Texan's finish making adjustments?

I predict (within two to three weeks)

FS - CC Brown/Von Hutchins
SS - Michael Boulware/Dexter Mcleon

why did boulware not come in?
Obviously because he doesn't know the playbook. He's only been a Texan for a few days. I'd assume that he would be in on man to man plays but I wouldn't really want him in just yet. I want him to know where the rest of the team is so he can ensure that he'll be in the right place as the defensive coordinator calls the play. We do have Steve Smith next week and that does make me want to get Boulware in quicker than I'd like. Say what you want about Jake Delhomme but he has some very dangerous wideout options in Smith and Carter (who shined today with two grabs in the end zone). Tack on the De guys (DeShaun and DeAngelo) and we're looking at having our hands full next Sunday and we're going to need Boulware's help.

Is that guy from KC still on the market?

might have missed something but wasnt smith interested in him befor the boulware trade?

Okay, so it sounds like it's Game 1, and we already have an offseason priority...DEFENSIVE SECONDARY!!!!

:brickwall:

I think that has been a offseason priority since game 1 last year at least.

We are getting awfully thin back there. I guess with Boulware, Hutchins and Brown we still have 3 serviceable players back there.

I think that has been a offseason priority since game 1 last year at least.

We are getting awfully thin back there. I guess with Boulware, Hutchins and Brown we still have 3 serviceable players back there.

Agreed. It will be interesting, though, to see if they use a first-round pick on a defensive back or if they try to go the way of free agency.

Back