Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-09-2007   #1
Dallas_Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Dallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performer
Default Mario - 1 , VY and Bush - 0 !!!!!!

Mario has a TD this week.....Bush and VY...0 !!!!!!!! hahahahahaha!!!

....sorry, couldn't help it!
Dallas_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #2
Sideline
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 118 Sideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Sideline
Default Re: Mario - 1 , VY and Bush - 0 !!!!!!

...and a pair of sacks.
Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #3
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 88272 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

VY has a touchdown.....rushing.
Old 09-09-2007   #4
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 127449 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario looked freaking nice this week, I have to admit.
The1ApplePie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #5
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Beat me to it. Obviously time will prove consistent performance, but I hope I can go at least this week without hearing about what a bust he is. Amazing how good he looks with a year to improve and some help in the pass rush ...

I'd still like to see us be more aggressive defensively ... it's hard for our D-linemen to create pressure when we blitz so infrequently.
Old 09-09-2007   #6
Noblesse Oblige
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 Noblesse Oblige is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNoblesse Oblige is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD View Post
VY has a touchdown.....rushing.
and the Titans won in ugly fashion. But a win's a win

3 way tie at the top of the AFC South
Old 09-09-2007   #7
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek View Post
Beat me to it. Obviously time will prove consistent performance, but I hope I can go at least this week without hearing about what a bust he is. Amazing how good he looks with a year to improve and some help in the pass rush ...

I'd still like to see us be more aggressive defensively ... it's hard for our D-linemen to create pressure when we blitz so infrequently.
i noticed that as well. it was nice for us not having to send extra guys to get after the QB but more pressure will equate into more opportunities for the rest of the defense. i hope we do a little more blitzing next week
Old 09-09-2007   #8
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek View Post
That statement makes no sense.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #9
jaybird
Veteran

ya'll really need to stop comparing the boy to VY and Reggie... personally I don't think it's fair to him.
Old 09-09-2007   #10
feebleminded

Rep Power: 9068 feebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybird View Post
ya'll really need to stop comparing the boy to VY and Reggie... personally I don't think it's fair to him.
Great post. Who cares what VY or Bush are doing unless we are playing them.
feebleminded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #11
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by feebleminded View Post
Great post. Who cares what VY or Bush are doing unless we are playing them.
The media cares.
TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #12
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
They are just trying to take a jab back at all the stupid ass media that has already labeled Mario a bust, and VY and RB hall of famers. And it's well deserved....so back off.
Old 09-09-2007   #13
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan
Send a message via AIM to JohnsonFan Send a message via Skype™ to JohnsonFan

MARIO!! i love u man!

PS. Yall wanna mess lets mess
JohnsonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #14
jaybird
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
They are just trying to take a jab back at all the stupid ass media that has already labeled Mario a bust, and VY and RB hall of famers. And it's well deserved....so back off.
Back off? lol

I saw these fans cheering Vince last year when he BEAT the Texans...

Personally I say forget who plays on the other teams and cheer for whose on your team. Personally I hate comparing guys at different positions like this... especially when it's a DL vs a QB/RB. Because Mario will never be as much of a spotlight player as Vince or Reggie... just by the nature of the beast.

I just want Mario to be the best DE he can be... and he played VERY solid today.

Just voicing my opinion that i'm tired of Mario being compared to VY and Reggie... and not just by the fans but the media as well.
Old 09-09-2007   #15
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
That statement makes no sense.
How does it not make sense?

In its most basic form, at the risk of oversimplifying this, if we're rushing 4 DL and 2 LB, then 5 OL have to let someone get through. Could be the LB, could be the DE, could be the DT, but someone will probably get through. Quickly.

If we consistently rush 4 DL, then the extra OL gets the opportunity to help off on someone. Meaning, it is a lot harder for the DL to get through.

Of course you need to mix it up, work on DL moves, work a good secondary, etc. etc. It needs to be a lot of different things, but I think we'd benefit all the way around with more pressure.
Old 09-09-2007   #16
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Back off? lol

I saw these fans cheering Vince last year when he BEAT the Texans...

Personally I say forget who plays on the other teams and cheer for whose on your team. Personally I hate comparing guys at different positions like this... especially when it's a DL vs a QB/RB. Because Mario will never be as much of a spotlight player as Vince or Reggie... just by the nature of the beast.

I just want Mario to be the best DE he can be... and he played VERY solid today.

Just voicing my opinion that i'm tired of Mario being compared to VY and Reggie... and not just by the fans but the media as well.
And so am I....I am just saying that it seems to me that the posters above your orignal post were just having some fun with the fact Mario had a good day......he has taken all of the bashing in the world unfairly.....and it is nice to jab back at all of the RB and VY lovers out there they never gave Mario a chance.

It has been posted on this board thousands of times that you shouldn't compare these various positions to each other.....I think we are all in agreement here. The true fans here have always embraced Mario, whether if they agreed with the pick right away or not.
Old 09-09-2007   #17
feebleminded

Rep Power: 9068 feebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
The media cares.

Unless you are one of these, who cares what the media says.
feebleminded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #18
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

It's already on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNN1RXmfp8M
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #19
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noblesse Oblige View Post
3 way tie at the top of the AFC South
I believe we hold the crown for at least a week (tie goes to Division record)
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #20
jaybird
Veteran

It's cool - i think we're on the same page...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read