Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Your opinion of Matt Schaub's arm
weak 0 0%
below average 0 0%
average 20 41.67%
above average 23 47.92%
strong 5 10.42%
CANNON 0 0%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-08-2007   #1
GoChiefs
Rookie

Default Your opinion of Matt Schaub's arm

We're having a mini-debate on Chiefsplanet about this. Thought you folks could chime in.

How strong is his arm? I think everyone can agree it's not a cannon.
GoChiefs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007   #2
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Your opinion of Matt Schaub's arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoChiefs View Post
We're having a mini-debate on Chiefsplanet about this. Thought you folks could chime in.

Is adequate the same as average? I think adequate would be a pretty fair assessment.

BTW, my vote was for "average".

Oh, and by adequate, I mean good enough to beat the chefs...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007   #3
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Link? I'd like to read up on y'all's debate.
Old 09-08-2007   #4
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Although it's no cannon, Schaub has the ability to make some plays with his arm. I voted average, but pretty accurate. He'll pick you apart 5-6 yards at a time but will lower the boom on a 20 yard completion when the defense becomes too aggressive.

Also, don't be fooled with rumors of "immobility". Schaub can make plays on the run too.
Old 09-08-2007   #5
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I haven't really seen enough to properly rate his arm. I know one thing though. The man sees the whole field. When you can do that it makes a much bigger difference than just the cannon arm.
Old 09-08-2007   #6
GoChiefs
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Link? I'd like to read up on y'all's debate.
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=169535

I compare him to Philip Rivers...at times he looks like he's pushing the ball.
GoChiefs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #7
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub's passes are like when an angel farts, it's just perfect, manly bliss.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-09-2007   #8
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

we just ran a cannon armed QB out of town because he can't read defenses...I'll take Schaub's "good enough" arm that spreads the ball around and challenges the intermediate middle of the field over those laser beam hitch passes any day.
Quote:
2. Throw More Than 1 TD
In David Carr’s final 32 games as a Texan, he threw for two or more touchdowns in just five games. He threw none in 14 games. Any wonder why the Texans were 8-24? The team has to make plays in the passing game and it's up to Kubiak to help his new protégé out by devising a smart, effective gameplan against a team that should be easy pickings, relatively speaking.
http://www.houstonprofootball.com/pr...07/week01.html

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #9
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted above average. He doesn't have a cannon but he can make all the throws.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #10
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17946 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I voted above average. He doesn't have a cannon but he can make all the throws.

great decisions under pressure too, I hope that continues in the reg. season.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #11
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249059 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted above average. His strengths are in accuracy and timing more than the long bomb.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #12
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 127050 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Schaub's passes are like when an angel farts, it's just perfect, manly bliss.
lmao
Old 09-09-2007   #13
Htownsportsfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 128 Htownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=169535

I compare him to Philip Rivers...at times he looks like he's pushing the ball.
That was my first visit to the Cheifs board and I must say except for a few idiots (we have a few of those also) I enjoyed the read. Its always fun to read what other people think when they are genuine in their analysis instead of just flaming and name calling other teams for kicks. It seems Chiefs fans have some doubts about their team and are looking for a reason to believe they will win today. Boy do I know that feeling from the past!

Support our troops
Htownsportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #14
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted average but with his accuracy is closer to Sharp Shooter so i have no worries about this guy and his ability to pick apart d's with his short and intermediate throws.
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read