Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-07-2007   #1
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 32405 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Yahoo Sports...Week 1: Locks of the Week!

You will not believe this one!

Old 09-07-2007   #2
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Yahoo Sports...Week 1: Locks of the Week!

Silver is drinking that Battle Red Kool-Aid.

mmm mmmm its tasty.

Last edited by YellerLotYeller; 09-08-2007 at 12:26 AM.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007   #3
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 32405 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellerLotYeller View Post

mmm mmmm its tasy.
"And, Ohh...it's so good!"
Old 09-08-2007   #4
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 93152 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

For those of us who can't view that (stupid work computer) who is the lock??
Old 09-08-2007   #5
Texan Asylum
Christian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Silver picked the Texans, and said that Schaub would be in the ProBowl! Said we'll finally break out this year starting Sunday.

Pretty cool, getting good press!
Old 09-08-2007   #6
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
The Texans.

TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007   #7
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate to by a party pooper here, but I think that Pro Bowl comment was kind of clueless. Yes, we'll be a lot better this year because of Schaub, but he won't be THAT good that fast. Also, I do believe we will win this game by a good margin, but how can anyone possibly call us a LOCK right now? We are too unproven to assume anything. We may lose our first two games and then go to Indy and embarrass them AGAIN. It could happen.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-08-2007   #8
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 128458 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

I would love to see Schaub in the Pro Bowl, but with names like Manning and Brady in the AFC, its gonna be tough to get there.
Old 09-08-2007   #9
HersheyBar
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 HersheyBar has been demoted to the practice squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan Asylum View Post
Silver picked the Texans, and said that Schaub would be in the ProBowl! Said we'll finally break out this year starting Sunday.

Pretty cool, getting good press!
Not sure if you caught the laughing in the background when he picked it

Give me 3 points and I will take KC and the under. How many of you are actually listening to these experts?
HersheyBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007   #10
Texan Asylum
Christian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HersheyBar View Post
Not sure if you caught the laughing in the background when he picked it

Give me 3 points and I will take KC and the under. How many of you are actually listening to these experts?
Lot's of people in the background doing these things. Doubt he would step out on that limb if he didn't mean it.

I truthfully feel that we will own your team. I like the Chiefs...check out my thread...but I don't think you or the rest of the NFL anticipates just what we're setting out to do this season.

Old 09-08-2007   #11
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellerLotYeller View Post

mmm mmmm its tasty.
CHUG IT!!!!
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007   #12
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4856 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I hate to by a party pooper here, but I think that Pro Bowl comment was kind of clueless. Yes, we'll be a lot better this year because of Schaub, but he won't be THAT good that fast. Also, I do believe we will win this game by a good margin, but how can anyone possibly call us a LOCK right now? We are too unproven to assume anything. We may lose our first two games and then go to Indy and embarrass them AGAIN. It could happen.
You are right it COULD happen. Stop naysaying though. If some people on here want to get excited because our team is getting a little national attention then let them.
We can't have it both ways, either be happy that we are getting attention or shut the pie hole when someone says something negative.

In the end a guy's opinion went our way, smile and be happy that someone besides us thinks we can win some games.
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007   #13
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 120726 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Chiefs will be fine once they get "up to speed" this year, but how long that's gonna take is the question. When your starting offense hasn't really all been on the field at the same time this pre-season, you're likely to be rusty.
Old 09-08-2007   #14
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 335478 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I hate to by a party pooper here, but I think that Pro Bowl comment was kind of clueless. Yes, we'll be a lot better this year because of Schaub, but he won't be THAT good that fast.
Yeah, what are the odds on a backup getting his first chance or a rookie appearing in the pro-bowl?

Signed,

Romo & VY

No, odds aren't in Schaub's favor--barring injury Manning and Brady have two spots locked up every year. That said, the top guys actually voted in often don't play--ask 5th reserve VY. Plus, the media loves Cinderella stories. Big IF, the Texans are in any kind of contention going into weeks 15 and 16, Schaub will have had to have been a success and is going to get a ton of credit for the turn around.
Old 09-08-2007   #15
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80254 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

If Schaub performs the same way during the regular season as he did during the preseason . . . yeah, he's going to the Pro Bowl.

It's all going to come down to to injuries.

And ya know . . I still think a few people's opinions of Schaub are not objective, for reasons that I'm not going to go into, because it's beating a dead horse. But it is very obvious.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007   #16
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Agreed. They have to do two things sunday. Cover Gonzo, who with two TDs would break the record for TD receptions by a TE. And Two, stop L.J. in the back feild befor he has the chance to get up a head of steam and get running down hill. Neither of those two things are locks. The love is nice. I keep reflectiing on the way we covered the waterbug last season vs Philly and I'm not going to let out a free breath untill the final second goes off the clock. It is a winable game for us. 2-1 out of the gate is achievable. But it's far from a lock.
Old 09-08-2007   #17
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
I would love to see Schaub in the Pro Bowl, but with names like Manning and Brady in the AFC, its gonna be tough to get there.
brady and some others never go

edit: didnt see infant's post before

Last edited by Maddict5; 09-08-2007 at 05:45 PM.
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007   #18
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 31401 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
There is stiff competition for sure in the AFC. Dont forget about Carson palmer as well.

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007   #19
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan Asylum View Post
You will not believe this one!
Well I borrowed your link and put it on GoTitans. I won't be able to respond to what they say because then it will become smack and get moved but they will go nuts and smack themselves enough to get it moved anyway.

Thanks for the link

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007   #20
Htownsportsfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 128 Htownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respected

The cart is waaayyy out in front of the horse on the Pro Bowl but keep in mind Schaub had a strange amount of hype even as a backup in Atl. Last year the Jets tried to trade for him and all last season there were random articles written about who if anyone would pry Schaub away from Atlanta. With that hype and a good season he could make the probowl, after all it really has become the ultimate beauty contest where some deserving folks get left out. Again, where is Biggio when you need him, "We take it one game at a time" etc.

Support our troops
Htownsportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read