Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Larry Johnson Interview...

Leahmic223

Veteran
http://www.kcchiefs.com/aa

Lol I just found it funny when he said things like... "I mean if you say 'Larry come out' i'm never coming out the game." and "I always want the ball for myself"

and most importantly when asked about the Texans Defense he says "Yeah... that linebacker that won rookie of the year."

I can't beleive he didn't even say his name. He just mentions Dunta as "The cornerback".

Speaking of Dunta...I am not too sure those flying tackles from a corner is going to do anything to LJ. Dunta will just bounce off him....needs to take the DeMeco approach and not the Roy Williams approach...get low and wrap up.

It was kinda funny though because half of it was talking about him wanting more carries...

Texan Asylum

Hall of Fame
I didn't take it as too disrespectful...although I'm sure he'll be more aware who we are after Sunday! :cool:

Pretty good interview I thought. I liked the chunky soup comments. :)

Leahmic223

Veteran
I didn't take it as too disrespectful...although I'm sure he'll be more aware who we are after Sunday! :cool:

Pretty good interview I thought. I liked the chunky soup comments. :)
Yeah he didn't go all Chad Johnson, but I found it funny when he was siad something similar to "Yeah...the Linebacker that won Rookie of the year." and it was a good interview, especially when they got to the subject of his carries.

He's a horse though, and one of our players made a good point. You'd think he'd be more of a Jerome Bettis type guy that isn't that fast...but he is fast. Add that speed and strength and DeMeco might get ran over a play or two.

I've seen Demeco get hit though and still he kind of rolled to bring the guy down. I think as a rookie he has been recognized as one of the best tacklers in the NFL...and well numbers would agree with that. I can't wait to see what happens when Ryans meets LJ!

:fans:

YellerLotYeller

nice marmot
He will know 59's name sunday and he will never forget it. Also when "that kid" Robinson takes his legs out he'll call him sir.

That lady asking all the questions was annoying as hell.....I think it was Lisa Malosky.

BattleRedToro

Thread Killer
He will know 59's name sunday and he will never forget it. Also when "that kid" Robinson takes his legs out he'll call him sir.

That lady asking all the questions was annoying as hell.....I think it was Lisa Malosky.
I hope he knows #99 TJ's name as well. When it comes to slowing you down, there is nothing like 300+ lbs falling on top of your legs.:d:

sakebomb

Veteran
My brother-in-law spoke to LJ on a flight and at the airport over the summer. He said he was an A$$.

HersheyBar

Waterboy
http://www.kcchiefs.com/aa

Lol I just found it funny when he said things like... "I mean if you say 'Larry come out' i'm never coming out the game." and "I always want the ball for myself"

and most importantly when asked about the Texans Defense he says "Yeah... that linebacker that won rookie of the year."

I can't beleive he didn't even say his name. He just mentions Dunta as "The cornerback".

Speaking of Dunta...I am not too sure those flying tackles from a corner is going to do anything to LJ. Dunta will just bounce off him....needs to take the DeMeco approach and not the Roy Williams approach...get low and wrap up.

It was kinda funny though because half of it was talking about him wanting more carries...
I thought it was a very respectful interview. Much more than the Texans Defense deserves.

Errant Hothy

Hypermediocrity
All I know is that if LJ keeps carrying the pill 400+ times a season,he's going to have a rather short career.

Vinny

shiny happy fan
All I know is that if LJ keeps carrying the pill 400+ times a season,he's going to have a rather short career.
He may have a short career but he is at his peak right now and the bad news is that you only get the ball in your hands that much is if you are a dominant player....ask Earl.

Errant Hothy

Hypermediocrity
He may have a short career but he is at his peak right now and the bad news is that you only get the ball in your hands that much is if you are a dominant player....ask Earl.
No doubt, but if the Chiefs had a good enough passing game to reduce his carries then he could have an "epic" career. At his current pace I'd be shocked if he doesn't flame out or have a bad injury during the next two seasons. The human body cannot take that kind of sustained abuse...ask Earl.

Vinny

shiny happy fan
No doubt, but if the Chiefs had a good enough passing game to reduce his carries then he could have an "epic" career. At his current pace I'd be shocked if he doesn't flame out or have a bad injury during the next two seasons. The human body cannot take that kind of sustained abuse...ask Earl.
sure, but when Earl played the Oilers couldn't throw the ball all that well either. It doesn't matter that LJ won't be in the league in 10 years...he's in the league tomorrow. If we can't stop him it won't matter much what Huard does. Huard is also like 10-4 as a starter fwiw.

Errant Hothy

Hypermediocrity
sure, but when Earl played the Oilers couldn't throw the ball all that well either. It doesn't matter that LJ won't be in the league in 10 years...he's in the league tomorrow. If we can't stop him it won't matter much what Huard does. Huard is also like 10-4 as a starter fwiw.
Once again I agree, and I'm pretty sure the coaching staff of the Teaxans thinks that stopping LJ is the key to betting the Chiefs. I just think the Chiefs are riding him to much. If they would just admit to needing to spend a season or two re-stocking their roster and developing a more balanced offense (while giving LJ the rock 20 to 25 times a game) they could then turn LJ lose when they had a legit shot at a SB.

As for Huard, while he does not make mistake, I wouldn't go so far to say that he is capable of winnig many games with his arm. He's a smart, manage the game type QB; espically when he's recieving corps he's a tad mediocre.

DBCooper

Outlaw
Contributor's Club
Once again I agree, and I'm pretty sure the coaching staff of the Teaxans thinks that stopping LJ is the key to betting the Chiefs. I just think the Chiefs are riding him to much. If they would just admit to needing to spend a season or two re-stocking their roster and developing a more balanced offense (while giving LJ the rock 20 to 25 times a game) they could then turn LJ lose when they had a legit shot at a SB.

As for Huard, while he does not make mistake, I wouldn't go so far to say that he is capable of winnig many games with his arm. He's a smart, manage the game type QB; espically when he's recieving corps he's a tad mediocre.
I'll bet the plan is to ride LJ and keep the ball out of Schaub's hands. Huard knows how to hand-off real well. If our Defense doesn't step up, we could be playing their game. I think our Defense will step-up though.

The Pencil Neck

Hall of Fame
Earl had 373 carries his max attempt year. And he really wasn't the same after that. (His ypc dropped from 5.1 to 3.8)

Personally, I think LJ is going to fall apart this year. Unfortunately, it probably won't be in the first game.

edo783

Hall of Fame
IMO, if the game is close, LJ will be in a lot or til his legs give out. If either team has it salted away he will be out.