Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-07-2007   #1
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer
Default Larry Johnson Interview...

http://www.kcchiefs.com/aa

Lol I just found it funny when he said things like... "I mean if you say 'Larry come out' i'm never coming out the game." and "I always want the ball for myself"

and most importantly when asked about the Texans Defense he says "Yeah... that linebacker that won rookie of the year."

I can't beleive he didn't even say his name. He just mentions Dunta as "The cornerback".

Speaking of Dunta...I am not too sure those flying tackles from a corner is going to do anything to LJ. Dunta will just bounce off him....needs to take the DeMeco approach and not the Roy Williams approach...get low and wrap up.

It was kinda funny though because half of it was talking about him wanting more carries...
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007   #2
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 30085 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Larry Johnson Interview...

I didn't take it as too disrespectful...although I'm sure he'll be more aware who we are after Sunday!

Pretty good interview I thought. I liked the chunky soup comments.
Old 09-07-2007   #3
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan
Send a message via AIM to JohnsonFan Send a message via Skype™ to JohnsonFan

LJ is stupid!

PS. Yall wanna mess lets mess
JohnsonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007   #4
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan Asylum View Post
I didn't take it as too disrespectful...although I'm sure he'll be more aware who we are after Sunday!

Pretty good interview I thought. I liked the chunky soup comments.
Yeah he didn't go all Chad Johnson, but I found it funny when he was siad something similar to "Yeah...the Linebacker that won Rookie of the year." and it was a good interview, especially when they got to the subject of his carries.

He's a horse though, and one of our players made a good point. You'd think he'd be more of a Jerome Bettis type guy that isn't that fast...but he is fast. Add that speed and strength and DeMeco might get ran over a play or two.

I've seen Demeco get hit though and still he kind of rolled to bring the guy down. I think as a rookie he has been recognized as one of the best tacklers in the NFL...and well numbers would agree with that. I can't wait to see what happens when Ryans meets LJ!

Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007   #5
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

He will know 59's name sunday and he will never forget it. Also when "that kid" Robinson takes his legs out he'll call him sir.

That lady asking all the questions was annoying as hell.....I think it was Lisa Malosky.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007   #6
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellerLotYeller View Post
He will know 59's name sunday and he will never forget it. Also when "that kid" Robinson takes his legs out he'll call him sir.

That lady asking all the questions was annoying as hell.....I think it was Lisa Malosky.
I hope he knows #99 TJ's name as well. When it comes to slowing you down, there is nothing like 300+ lbs falling on top of your legs.
Old 09-08-2007   #7
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

My brother-in-law spoke to LJ on a flight and at the airport over the summer. He said he was an A$$.
Old 09-08-2007   #8
Endzone Gabe
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakebomb View Post
My brother-in-law spoke to LJ on a flight and at the airport over the summer. He said he was an A$$.
Well given that this is one opinion, it is still sad that these folks are role models for young kids.
Endzone Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007   #9
HersheyBar
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 HersheyBar has been demoted to the practice squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
http://www.kcchiefs.com/aa

Lol I just found it funny when he said things like... "I mean if you say 'Larry come out' i'm never coming out the game." and "I always want the ball for myself"

and most importantly when asked about the Texans Defense he says "Yeah... that linebacker that won rookie of the year."

I can't beleive he didn't even say his name. He just mentions Dunta as "The cornerback".

Speaking of Dunta...I am not too sure those flying tackles from a corner is going to do anything to LJ. Dunta will just bounce off him....needs to take the DeMeco approach and not the Roy Williams approach...get low and wrap up.

It was kinda funny though because half of it was talking about him wanting more carries...
I thought it was a very respectful interview. Much more than the Texans Defense deserves.
HersheyBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007   #10
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected

I am sure LJ will know #59 name by the end of the game tommorrow.....
I am hoping he learns 90 99 name too........
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007   #11
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

All I know is that if LJ keeps carrying the pill 400+ times a season,he's going to have a rather short career.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007   #12
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

AND 91. Can't forget that.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007   #13
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
All I know is that if LJ keeps carrying the pill 400+ times a season,he's going to have a rather short career.
He may have a short career but he is at his peak right now and the bad news is that you only get the ball in your hands that much is if you are a dominant player....ask Earl.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007   #14
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
He may have a short career but he is at his peak right now and the bad news is that you only get the ball in your hands that much is if you are a dominant player....ask Earl.
No doubt, but if the Chiefs had a good enough passing game to reduce his carries then he could have an "epic" career. At his current pace I'd be shocked if he doesn't flame out or have a bad injury during the next two seasons. The human body cannot take that kind of sustained abuse...ask Earl.
Old 09-08-2007   #15
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No doubt, but if the Chiefs had a good enough passing game to reduce his carries then he could have an "epic" career. At his current pace I'd be shocked if he doesn't flame out or have a bad injury during the next two seasons. The human body cannot take that kind of sustained abuse...ask Earl.
sure, but when Earl played the Oilers couldn't throw the ball all that well either. It doesn't matter that LJ won't be in the league in 10 years...he's in the league tomorrow. If we can't stop him it won't matter much what Huard does. Huard is also like 10-4 as a starter fwiw.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007   #16
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Quote:
sure, but when Earl played the Oilers couldn't throw the ball all that well either. It doesn't matter that LJ won't be in the league in 10 years...he's in the league tomorrow. If we can't stop him it won't matter much what Huard does. Huard is also like 10-4 as a starter fwiw.
Once again I agree, and I'm pretty sure the coaching staff of the Teaxans thinks that stopping LJ is the key to betting the Chiefs. I just think the Chiefs are riding him to much. If they would just admit to needing to spend a season or two re-stocking their roster and developing a more balanced offense (while giving LJ the rock 20 to 25 times a game) they could then turn LJ lose when they had a legit shot at a SB.

As for Huard, while he does not make mistake, I wouldn't go so far to say that he is capable of winnig many games with his arm. He's a smart, manage the game type QB; espically when he's recieving corps he's a tad mediocre.
Old 09-08-2007   #17
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 127251 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Once again I agree, and I'm pretty sure the coaching staff of the Teaxans thinks that stopping LJ is the key to betting the Chiefs. I just think the Chiefs are riding him to much. If they would just admit to needing to spend a season or two re-stocking their roster and developing a more balanced offense (while giving LJ the rock 20 to 25 times a game) they could then turn LJ lose when they had a legit shot at a SB.

As for Huard, while he does not make mistake, I wouldn't go so far to say that he is capable of winnig many games with his arm. He's a smart, manage the game type QB; espically when he's recieving corps he's a tad mediocre.
I'll bet the plan is to ride LJ and keep the ball out of Schaub's hands. Huard knows how to hand-off real well. If our Defense doesn't step up, we could be playing their game. I think our Defense will step-up though.
Old 09-08-2007   #18
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 254692 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Earl had 373 carries his max attempt year. And he really wasn't the same after that. (His ypc dropped from 5.1 to 3.8)

Personally, I think LJ is going to fall apart this year. Unfortunately, it probably won't be in the first game.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007   #19
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

IMO, if the game is close, LJ will be in a lot or til his legs give out. If either team has it salted away he will be out.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read