Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-07-2007   #1
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default "Addai shines in national TV spotlight "

INDIANAPOLIS - Reggie Bush has done 19 national television commercials since beginning his NFL career with New Orleans in 2006.

In that same span, fellow second-year running back Joseph Addai hasn't had any.
Talk about your false advertising.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7198544
Houston native & former LSU star Joe Addai gets some long overdue recognition after last nights Indy-NOLA game.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007   #2
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Addai shines in national TV spotlight "

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
INDIANAPOLIS - Reggie Bush has done 19 national television commercials since beginning his NFL career with New Orleans in 2006.

In that same span, fellow second-year running back Joseph Addai hasn't had any.
Talk about your false advertising.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7198544
Houston native & former LSU star Joe Addai gets some long overdue recognition after last nights Indy-NOLA game.

And I drafted Addai as my number 1 RB....I feel great about it. Although I was scared after the first play.
Old 09-07-2007   #3
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109114 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

the media runs about a year behind. They are the last to snap about the emerging players that aren't obvious (as far as making them focal points of their discussion) and they are the last ones still spewing about them when they go are no longer elite. Right before last year's draft jgl and I were both trading PM's about how Addai and Maurice Jones Drew were first round talents and projected to the pros as well as any backs in the nation....most of the media really didn't have a clue how good they were...as per usual they are a little late to the party.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007   #4
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
the media runs about a year behind. They are the last to snap about the emerging players that aren't obvious (as far as making them focal points of their discussion) and they are the last ones still spewing about them when they go are no longer elite. Right before last year's draft jgl and I were both trading PM's about how Addai and Maurice Jones Drew were first round talents and projected to the pros as well as any backs in the nation....most of the media really didn't have a clue how good they were...as per usual they are a little late to the party.
I knew Jones-Drew was going to blow up, he's got mad skillz.
Old 09-07-2007   #5
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan
Send a message via AIM to JohnsonFan Send a message via Skype™ to JohnsonFan

yea i got jones-drew in my fantasy last year he was availible like last round lol i got him and man oh man every who passed him up reggretted it!

PS. Yall wanna mess lets mess
JohnsonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007   #6
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

The media didn't fail to notice Addai, Drew-Jones, et al. its just that they didn't attend USC and win the Heisman Trophy. And the media also had quite a bit to do with Bush's Heisman award.
Bush had been a hot commercial property going into his rookie year and going into his second year he was red-hot, whose name was spoken in the same sentence along with current NFL greats like Peyton Manning.
The media is fully aware of the fact that Bush can't crack the starting line-up in NOLA, but he has just very quickly become one of the faces of the NFL because of, well the media. Its strictly a bottom line thing, not the media being oblivious or even slightly ignorant about other second-year backs who are just as talented as Bush.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007   #7
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 44792 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
And I drafted Addai as my number 1 RB....I feel great about it. Although I was scared after the first play.
Me too.... and I benched Brees too so I am feeling like a fantasy genius after one game.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read