Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 08-31-2007   #1
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Gameplanning for 12th pick

....of a 12 team league. Here is a scenario of who is left. Which 2 do I take?

Reggie Bush
Ronnie Brown
Willis McGahee
Laurence Maroney
Cedric Benson
MJ-Drew
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007   #2
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Gameplanning for 12th pick

I'd take Bush and Maroney (maybe MJD)
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007   #3
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

i think bush and any other running back other than ronnie brown would make a good combo
Old 09-03-2007   #4
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

So who did you take?
Old 09-03-2007   #5
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Bush and Jones-Drew would have been my pick.

My roommate went to high school with Jones-Drew, actually. They are on a first name basis.
TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007   #6
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman40 View Post
So who did you take?
The draft with the gang is this Wed. Talk about last minute drafts! Its a tough to get 12 friends on the same page. Although, I hear we are going to have ballet parking this year.

I agree....I think I am going to take Bush if he is still around. Then for some reason I am gravitating towards Ced Benson. Those 350+ carries sound pretty good for a #2 rb.

How would you guys rank the players possibly available at 12? Thanks for your help btw.
Old 09-04-2007   #7
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
The draft with the gang is this Wed. Talk about last minute drafts! Its a tough to get 12 friends on the same page. Although, I hear we are going to have ballet parking this year.

I agree....I think I am going to take Bush if he is still around. Then for some reason I am gravitating towards Ced Benson. Those 350+ carries sound pretty good for a #2 rb.

How would you guys rank the players possibly available at 12? Thanks for your help btw.
the thing to do, is rank your top 15 players personally...then take the top 2 available at 12. for me, my private list goes a little something like this.

1. Ladanian Tomlinson
2. Larry Johnson
3. Joseph Addai
4. Willis Mcgahee
5. Frank gore
6. Adrian Peterson (Minnesota)
7. Maurice Jones-Drew
8. Laurence Maroney
9. Ronnie Brown
10. Peyton Manning
11. Cadillac Williams
12. Cedric Benson
13. Marshawn Lynch
14. Carson Palmer
15. Shaun Alexander

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-04-2007   #8
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Here is the 1st & 2nd round from a draft I attened in San Antonio last Sat.
1. Ladainian Tomlinson( my pick)
2.Steven Jackson
3. Larry Johnson
4.Shaun Alexnder
5.Frank Gore
6. Reggie Bush
7.Joseph Addai
8. Travis Henry
9. Antonio Gates ????
10.Brain Westbrook
11. Lawernce Maroney
12. Willie Parker
13.Peyton Manning
14.Carson Palmer
15.Clinton Portis
16.Rudi Johnson
17.Edgerrin James
18.Marvin Harrison
19.Willis McGhee
20.Chad Johnson
21.Cedric Benson
22.Terrell Owens
23.Maurice jones-Drew
24.Marshawn Lynch( my pick)
Good Luck on Wed.
Old 09-04-2007   #9
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like someone REEEAAALLLY likes Antonio Gates. That just isn't healthy taking a TE in the 1st round.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007   #10
axman40
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
Looks like someone REEEAAALLLY likes Antonio Gates. That just isn't healthy taking a TE in the 1st round.
Let's just say eyebrows were raised and a couple of jaws dropped.
Old 09-04-2007   #11
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23440 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
....of a 12 team league. Here is a scenario of who is left. Which 2 do I take?

Reggie Bush
Ronnie Brown
Willis McGahee
Laurence Maroney
Cedric Benson
MJ-Drew
I would take McGahee and Maroney.

Not a Bush fan. Don't think Benson can go too many weeks without hurting himself.

And yes this old lady has been playing fantasy football for the past several years and makes the playoffs in almost all her teams.
Old 09-06-2007   #12
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Here is how it went down:

Starters:

QB - Matt Leinart
RB - Reggie Bush
RB - Lawrence Maroney
WR - Tory Holt
WR - Javon Walker
WR - Jerrico Cotchery
TE - Vernon Davis
K - Robby Gould (chi)
Def - Broncos

Reserves:

QB - Alex Smith
RB - Lendale White
WR - Dwayne Jarrett
WR - Ashley Lelie
WR - Jerry Porter
TE - Eric Johnson
Old 09-07-2007   #13
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

So far so good with Bush.
Old 09-07-2007   #14
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So far so good with Bush.
Lol.

At least you've got Lendale White.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read