Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-07-2007   #1
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Another Reggie Bust Article

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10337299

Bush's final play of the game was an interception that Giordano returned for a touchdown. An instant before Bush could grab Giordano from behind, he was taken out by a sloppy offensive lineman. Bush slowly stood, walked to the bench and sat down with his head in his hands.

An hour later, while most of his teammates were climbing into jeans and T-shirts, Bush lovingly pulled on a crisp yellow Oxford, beige tie, light brown three-piece suit -- vest buttoned to the hilt -- and leather wing-tips. He placed a diamond into each ear. He wheeled a designer handbag and slung a Heisman Trophy backpack over his right shoulder. He looked a lot better in the locker room than he looked on the field, I'll tell you that.

And then Bush disappeared, leaving for the team bus. Saints officials said he would return to meet the media, but he never did. The media understood. Reggie Bush had just spent three hours embarrassing himself on national television. He wasn't coming back.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007   #2
Exithios
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Exithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVP
Default Re: Another Reggie Bust Article

Reggie is the product of not only a dominant USC lineage but of the sports media as well. I dislike the guy but feel for him as well. This kid was never going to be anything more than a scat back and a slot receiver yet the media put him on a pedistal with a HOF tag before his rookie season even started. It won't be long before Reggie is seen as just another one trick pony.

Here's to hoping Mario will bathe in Reggies spot-light on opening day.
Exithios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007   #3
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 903 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

And then Bush disappeared, leaving for the team bus. Saints officials said he would return to meet the media, but he never did. The media understood. Reggie Bush had just spent three hours embarrassing himself on national television. He wasn't coming back.

Coward.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007   #4
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Bush as the physical talent, but does he have the work ethic to live up to the hype.

According to that article, it doesn't appear so.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007   #5
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1664 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan View Post
Bush as the physical talent, but does he have the work ethic to live up to the hype.

According to that article, it doesn't appear so.
Yeah, kinda sounds like YKW's work ethic.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007   #6
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 30061 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope he does well....he is on one of my fantasy teams

As for Bush...I mean I know we like to rag rivals and are tired of the Bush hype but isn't thins type of bust talk the same thing people are cursing when it hits Mario. Its one game and the whole Saints O looked pedestrian, including Brees.
Old 09-07-2007   #7
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 24962 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

I want to point out the play where Bush got the first down by two yards, but then he backtracked and tried to make things happen only to lose the first down by one yard.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-07-2007   #8
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exithios View Post
Reggie is the product of not only a dominant USC lineage but of the sports media as well. I dislike the guy but feel for him as well. This kid was never going to be anything more than a scat back and a slot receiver yet the media put him on a pedistal with a HOF tag before his rookie season even started. It won't be long before Reggie is seen as just another one trick pony.

Here's to hoping Mario will bathe in Reggies spot-light on opening day.

Could you imagine if Mario has a monster day agaisnt the Chiefs?

The ESPN guys would all say "I told you all along Mario was the right pick..." yeah sure you did...the only person I remember saying that was Michael Smith and maybe one other guy whose name and face escapes me at the moment.

Go get em Mario, if there ever was a chance to shut up the doubters this week is the PERFECT chance
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007   #9
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
Could you imagine if Mario has a monster day agaisnt the Chiefs?

The ESPN guys would all say "I told you all along Mario was the right pick..." yeah sure you did...the only person I remember saying that was Michael Smith and maybe one other guy whose name and face escapes me at the moment.

Go get em Mario, if there ever was a chance to shut up the doubters this week is the PERFECT chance
Michael Smith is the only person who deserves to be on television. He has my vote for Supreme Commander of Football Knowledge.
TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007   #10
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
I want to point out the play where Bush got the first down by two yards, but then he backtracked and tried to make things happen only to lose the first down by one yard.
While your at it, point out all the times Barry Sanders lost yards trying to make something happen too.

And every other back that depends on making guys miss.
Old 09-07-2007   #11
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
While your at it, point out all the times Barry Sanders lost yards trying to make something happen too.

And every other back that depends on making guys miss.
Ah, don't spoil the fun!

We all know....

Old 09-07-2007   #12
Lucky

Rep Power: 102976 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
I remember the play:

2-4-NO 41 (11:01) 9-D.Brees pass short right to 25-R.Bush to NO 44 for 3 yards (26-K.Hayden).

Was Reggie trying to pickup additional yardage? Or was he trying to avoid a direct hit by heading to the sideline? I'm not sure.
Old 09-07-2007   #13
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Lomas Brown, Ray Buchanon, and Skip Bayless were just on talking about Reggie Bush.

Bayless has always thought he was over-hyped. Lomas Brown agreed. And Ray Buchanon disagreed and said he's an exciting player and you have to get him the ball.

Didn't really get to listen to too much. Damned work.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007   #14
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I remember the play:

2-4-NO 41 (11:01) 9-D.Brees pass short right to 25-R.Bush to NO 44 for 3 yards (26-K.Hayden).

Was Reggie trying to pickup additional yardage? Or was he trying to avoid a direct hit by heading to the sideline? I'm not sure.
If that is the case, he has BIG problems heading his way. (no pun intended)
Old 09-07-2007   #15
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

I never expected Reggie fulfill his billing (or the price tag), so file this under *yawn* for me.

Having said that, I thought Mario Williams was absolutely the right pick and would become a Pro Bowler DE. And though I did acknowledge he'd take 1-2 years to develop meaningfully, based on performance to date, I'm only batting .500 at 1 and 2 right now.

I still see Reggie as developing into the equivalent of a Brian Westbrook or Eric Metcalf. Good, but not "feature back" good, a back whose only dangerous attribute is speed, rather than vision or power.
Old 09-07-2007   #16
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Barry Sanders v. Reggie Bush

Sanders:
Lions: perennial losers
Lions: no O-line
Lions: no other weapons

Bush:
Saints: Super Bowl Contenders (if not, playoff appearance)
Saints: decent O-line
Saints: Brees, McCallister, Colston etc.

Think we may need to quit the Barry Sanders v. Reggie Bush comparisons.
Old 09-07-2007   #17
real

Don't see anything wrong with Reggie avoiding hits.
Old 09-07-2007   #18
TexanAddict
Texan 'til I Die

Rep Power: 77 TexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respected

Reggie Bush is no Barry Sanders
TexanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007   #19
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 374 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Not that they are the same body type but didn't Franco Harris have the reputation of going out of bounds rather than taking a hit? I remember John McClain talking about him and saying he asked him about it and he said he did it to prolong his career.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007   #20
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Barry Sanders v. Reggie Bush

Sanders:
Lions: perennial losers
Lions: no O-line
Lions: no other weapons

Bush:
Saints: Super Bowl Contenders (if not, playoff appearance)
Saints: decent O-line
Saints: Brees, McCallister, Colston etc.

Think we may need to quit the Barry Sanders v. Reggie Bush comparisons.
You're the only one comparing them.

You have to have comprehension.

Follow me:

If Barry (one of the best backs of all times) took a lot of loss of yardage plays because of "trying to make something happen", why on earth is it this huge travesty when lowly Reggie Bush loses yards?

If one of the best of all time took a lot of losses, why are some of you guys acting like because Bush did it he's awful?

I don't see how that's comparing the two, especially when I added in "every other back that depends on making guys miss"....

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read