Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Chiefs game BPPB Guest

Da_General

Obnoxious Musician
FYI:

Sam Spence will be in attendance at the Texans home opener against the Chiefs. He will be visiting tailgates pregame with BPPB director Lamar Burkhalter and the BPPB. If you own a copy of any of his NFL Films cds, you could bring them along and have him autograph them if you're into that sort of thing. You will also get a chance to hear a couple of brand new songs he wrote exclusively for the Texans, entitled We Are The Texans and Here Come The Texans. The world premiere of both tunes will occur at the Gridiron Glory event on Friday night, and Mr. Spence's new tunes will be heard throughout the game on Sunday.

Here is a link to a story the Chronicle did about Mr. Spence back in June.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4896048.html

Here is a link to everything you'll ever want to know about Mr. Spence.
http://samspencemusic.com/

Please show Mr. Spence our great Texans spirit and hospitality if you get the chance! He's a great guy and I'm sure you'll all enjoy getting the chance to meet a music legend and close friend of Mr. McNair.

I hope I'll be able to buy one at the symphony tonight. So, is it proper ettiquite to slip him a cold one or no....?

This is one of the best events the NFL puts on. I went last year and was very impressed. VERY entertaining! GREAT music!!

General! Bring him by the Blue Crew! You know he'll get a proper welcome!

I love Sam Spence's music. It is legendary and as big a part of NFL Films as the visuals. I even bought that boxed set the NFL put out a couple of years ago of all his music.

i wish the stadium pumped in some spence songs over the loudspeaker before kickoffs and stuff. how can you not get amped up listening to that stuff.

i wish the stadium pumped in some spence songs over the loudspeaker before kickoffs and stuff. how can you not get amped up listening to that stuff.

The article said Sunday they will be playing the two new Texans songs in the stadium. I am looking forward to that.

Quote:
"The team will continue to use Football Time in Houston by Clay Walker as its theme song."

Do not confuse THEME song with FIGHT song. And don't say I didn't warn you.

BTW, the original tune "The Lineman" is the same music as "Here Come The Texans". It now has words.

"We Are The Texans" also has words. I can post them if anybody wants to see a sneak preview.

Yank! Last year there were people decked out in Texans garb. TexansFreak and his son were there all decked out in costume, and I saw numerous fans with jerseys on.

I won't make it this year! Still nursing a bummed up foot and just can't do the walking. I'll just put in my CD, turn it up LOUD, and pretend I am there. It really is an awesome event!

General! Bring on the words. I can't wait to hear them set to music, but, knowing them ahead of time would be great.

We Are The Texans
We are the Texans, and proud to bear the name.
We are the Texans, we're gonna win this game.
We are the Texans, we fight until we drop.
Come on team, show your steam.
Always be on top
Come on team, show your steam.
We will be on top! (Cuz)

We are the Texans, our team is gonna shine.
We are the Texans, come on and hold that line.
We are the Texans, and winning is our plan.
Hit em high! Hit em low!
Any way you can.
Hit em high! Hit em low!
Show em you're the man!

We are the Texans, we'll march on down the field.
We are the Texans, our team will never yield.
We are the Texans, we're gonna win today!
Down the field, never yield.
March into the fray.
Down the field, never yield.
This will be our day!

Here Come The Texans
Down the field, come the Texans.
Never yield, we fight.
Down the field, come the Texans.
Never yield, show your might.

Here we come, we're the Texans.
Beat the drum - let's go!
Here we come, we're the Texans.