Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-07-2007   #1
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2888 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Default "We are the Texans" song

If you haven't heard it, here is the link.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=3596

I'm not sure I like it but I guess I'll see if it grows onto me.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007   #2
gwallaia

Rep Power: 51052 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "We are the Texans" song

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007   #3
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 187 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007   #4
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default World Premere Texans New Song at Gridiron Glory

Ok folks, I have just gotten back from the Houston Symphony's presentation of Gridiron Glory. First off let me say, it was an entertaining show. The Symphony was excellent and the films weren't too bad either.

Now here is the bad news. According to the narrator, Spencer Tillman, the Symphony performed the new Texan's Song and I have to say

I HATE IT!!!!!!!

Please Mr. McNair, I am begging you, don't make me sing this stupid ass song.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007   #5
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 187 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: World Premere Texans New Song at Gridiron Glory

Old 09-07-2007   #6
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan
Send a message via AIM to JohnsonFan Send a message via Skype™ to JohnsonFan

PS. Yall wanna mess lets mess
JohnsonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007   #7
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I was laughing the entire time. It's really, really corny. It's almost like that old Hartford Whalers theme song.

I don't think it's going to last very long. I never though I'd want to keep the Clay Walker song, but if this is the alternative, then I'm all for it

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-07-2007   #8
Lucky

Rep Power: 103975 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

The lyrics. Learn it. Know it. Live it.
Quote:
WE ARE THE TEXANS
WRITTEN BY SAM SPENCE
WE ARE THE TEXANS
AND PROUD TO BEAR THE NAME
WE ARE THE TEXANS
WE’RE GONNA WIN THIS GAME
WE ARE THE TEXANS
WE FIGHT UNTIL WE DROP
COME ON TEAM SHOW YOUR STEAM
AIM TO BE ON TOP
COME ON TEAM SHOW YOUR STEAM
WE WILL BE ON TOP (CUZ)
WE ARE THE TEXANS
OUR TEAM IS GONNA SHINE
WE ARE THE TEXANS
COME ON AND HOLD THAT LINE
WE ARE THE TEXANS
AND WINNING IS OUR PLAN
HIT ‘EM HIGH HIT ‘EM LOW
ANYWAY YOU CAN
HIT ‘EM HIGH HIT ‘EM LOW
SHOW ‘EM YOUR’RE THE MAN (END)
Old 09-07-2007   #9
frequentfliertx
Rookie

Rep Power: 11 frequentfliertx is on the Pro-Bowl ballotfrequentfliertx is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Smile Re: "We are the Texans" song

Axtually, the only song in the entire repertoire of songs about the Texans that is totally kick ass is "It's Football Time In Houston", by Clay Walker. All the other ones suck in comparison.
frequentfliertx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007   #10
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
HIT ‘EM HIGH HIT ‘EM LOW
ANYWAY YOU CAN
HIT ‘EM HIGH HIT ‘EM LOW
SHOW ‘EM YOUR’RE THE MAN
Is it just me or do those lines sound kinda...stupid? I get the feeling that there's going to be some booing going on after they play this the first time. I can't possibly see this sticking.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007   #11
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Wow......wow........Wow...

Its not horrible...it just sounds like a high-school or college song...
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007   #12
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

I prefer....

Quote:
Look out football, here we come,
Houston Texans, number one.
Houston has the Texans, the greatest football team.
We take the ball from goal to goal like no one's ever seen.
We're in the air, we're on the ground ... always in control
And when you say the Texans, you're talking Super Bowl.

'Cause we're the Houston Texans, Houston Texans, Houston Texans, Number One.
Yes, we're the Houston Texans, Houston Texans, Houston Texans, Number One.

We've got the offense.
We've got the defense.
We give the other team no hope. 'Cause we're the Houston Texans, Houston Texans,
You know we're gonna hold the rope.
Up yours Pud!!
Old 09-07-2007   #13
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
Its not horrible...it just sounds like a high-school or college song...
I'm thinking its closer to elementary school.

The question running through my mind was "How much did the Texans pay for this song?"
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007   #14
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3261 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Frosty the snowman....
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007   #15
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
Frosty the snowman....
Old 09-08-2007   #16
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1858 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

They need to quite trying to come up with a pep song. The marketing people are thinking way to much. All they need to say in the meetings is:

AC/DC

That's it.
Old 09-08-2007   #17
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

All I gotta say is: Stick with CLAY WALKER!!!!!!!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007   #18
whiskeyrbl

That scared me! I thought they were saying that was now the song we would hear before the game. I like the Clay Walker song, although I think we could do better. But I DO NOTlike this one.
Old 09-08-2007   #19
Endzone Gabe
Rookie

Are we running for President or playing some damn football. That song is lame!
Endzone Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007   #20
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2888 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Ughhh!!! I just tried listening to it again and all I could think of was how much it sounds like a damn circus song. I keep imagining clowns coming out of a small car or something. That song is horrible and has got to go!!
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read