Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-06-2007   #1
HersheyBar
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 HersheyBar has been demoted to the practice squad
Default So is Black starting or not

According to you're offical team site he is. What have you all heard down there?

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/DepthChart2007.asp?
HersheyBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #2
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So is Black starting or not

No--if you notice the order Salaam is at the top. They just screwed up the string identifications.
Old 09-06-2007   #3
HersheyBar
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
No--if you notice the order Salaam is at the top. They just screwed up the string identifications.
Thank you I do believe you as I would not start him in a Pop Warner league. Others sites are reporting him first string also but others are reporting the other dude as the starter.

The only thing that does confuse me is this is an interactive board which can be updated in a moments notice. No difficult coding. Wonder why they have not caught it by now.
Old 09-06-2007   #4
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HersheyBar View Post
Thank you I do believe you as I would not start him in a Pop Warner league. Others sites are reporting him first string also but others are reporting the other dude as the starter.

The only thing that does confuse me is this is an interactive board which can be updated in a moments notice. No difficult coding. Wonder why they have not caught it by now.
Don't read too much into it little one.

Black is second string.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

nobody in this forum is confused about who is starting at LT...but yeah, that doesn't look too coherent...I just sent an email to Nick about this....he'll get it fixed.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #6
HersheyBar
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Not doubting what you are saying but no sooner than I replyed 38 SPORTS up here just announced that Black would be the starter.

Two nights ago 810 radio asked Jared how he felt about Black starting (I took this as a joke)

He said sick becasue he would be missing out on 3/4 sacks.

Are you sure nothing is bothering your other LT, can't image him starting unless it is by default.
Old 09-06-2007   #7
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not doubting what you are saying but no sooner than I replyed 38 SPORTS up here just announced that Black would be the starter.

Two nights ago 810 radio asked Jared how he felt about Black starting (I took this as a joke)

Are you sure nothing is bothering your other LT, can't image him starting unless it is by default.
The only thing you should gather from their information is proof of lack of research. They more or less did the same thing you did by looking at the depth chart rather than bother with fact finding.
Sponsored links
Old 09-06-2007   #8
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Some people never cease to amaze...
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #9
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 349460 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

They just added that Interactive Depth chart and it's been screwy so far. It was showing guys that weren't even on the team for awhile. They just added that 1st String/2nd String thing in the past day or two.

The non interactive one is better:
http://www.houstontexans.com/team/depthchart.html
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #10
HersheyBar
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
The only thing you should gather from their information is proof of lack of research. They more or less did the same thing you did by looking at the depth chart rather than bother with fact finding.
I for one am from the show me state. Would not believe it unless your LT was run over by a truck and then I would have to see the body.

Now though SPORT 38 (very reliable) has said he is starting.

I know this can't be correct so will just wait till Sunday.
Old 09-06-2007   #11
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I for one am from the show me state. Would not believe it unless your LT was run over by a truck and then I would have to see the body.

Now though SPORT 38 (very reliable) has said he is starting.

I know this can't be correct so will just wait till Sunday.
sounds like sports news sucks in the showme state.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #12
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Are you sure they actually asked Jared this or was it a skit done by the radio station to make fun of a team? If the player actually said that, kinda of a stupid statement to be talking smack while being suspended.
Old 09-06-2007   #13
kravix
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 kravix is on the Pro-Bowl ballotkravix is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Black has as much chance of starting at LT Sunday as I do.
kravix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #14
HersheyBar
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
They just added that Interactive Depth chart and it's been screwy so far. It was showing guys that weren't even on the team for awhile. They just added that 1st String/2nd String thing in the past day or two.

No it been there for some time now for a week I know of for sure (the first/second string thing). My other list has been talking about it for some time. I have been on the side that Black is second string. I got my info though not off the team site but Yahoo. It is not a huge issue. If he does start you will just roll out to Tamba side.
Old 09-06-2007   #15
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 349460 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No it been there for some time now for a week I know of for sure (the first/second string thing). My other list has been talking about it for some time. I have been on the side that Black is second string. I got my info though not off the team site but Yahoo. It is not a huge issue. If he does start you will just roll out to Tamba side.
That long? I hadn't realized that the interactive depth chart was even up that long. I don't recall seeing it until last Saturday and I was checking the depth chart a lot then because of the cuts. And if the String info had been there, I hadn't noticed it.

No biggie.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #16
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post

Jeff Zgonina is 3rd string Long Snapper.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #17
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 6461 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hershey Bar:

I do believe he was shown as the starter because he was for the TB game and they had not changed it back for the regular season depth chart yet. That is the reason why it looked like that last week for sure.

Sorry man you guys are not that lucky.
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #18
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

It's been fixed, with Salaam as the 1st string LT.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #19
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hoth-Boy! Love your avitar!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #20
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Hoth-Boy! Love your avitar!!
you're just now catching that?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read