Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-05-2007   #1
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Dunta distracted??

I'm a little worried about how prepared mentally that DRob will be for the game Sunday.

Being held up at gunpoint and in fear for your life and family is a traumatic experience. He is probably dwelling on it every waking moment, living the event over and over in his mind, staring at the ceiling when he should be sleeping, and when he does sleep, it's a nightmare filled restless sleep.

A cornerback has to watch a lot of film to study tendancies of the opposing team in preparation for the game. I have to wonder if he's just staring at the screen while his mind is thousand miles away.

I dunno, maybe his coaches and teammates have been able to get him focused to where he can be his best on Sunday, but I doubt it. It's just too soon.

If he has a bad game on Sunday, I won't be surprised.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #2
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dunta distracted??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I'm a little worried about how prepared mentally that DRob will be for the game Sunday.

Being held up at gunpoint and in fear for your life and family is a traumatic experience. He is probably dwelling on it every waking moment, living the event over and over in his mind, stairing at the ceiling when he should be sleeping, and when he does sleep, it's a nightmare filled restless sleep.

A cornerback has to watch a lot of film to study tendancies of the opposing team in preparation for the game. I have to wonder if he's just staring at the screen while his mind is thousand miles away.

I dunno, maybe his coaches and teammates have been able to get him focused to where he can be his best on Sunday, but I doubt it. It's just too soon.

If he has a bad game on Sunday, I won't be surprised.
Makes you wonder.

The man is very blessed to be able to play Sunday. Thank God he wasn't injured.
Old 09-05-2007   #3
MissouriTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 MissouriTexan was voted MVPMissouriTexan was voted MVPMissouriTexan was voted MVP

Dunta "Brings the Wood" Robinson? I'll expect he'll just pretend the opposing WRs are the robbers.

But in all seriousness I agree. Let's hope he's had enough time to really think about it and can focus on the game. If he has a bad game I'll completely understand.
MissouriTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #4
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm kinda hoping he pretends anyone he goes to tackle is the guy who robbed him - except now that guy isn't hiding behind a gun.

Git 'em Rob!
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #5
MissouriTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 MissouriTexan was voted MVPMissouriTexan was voted MVPMissouriTexan was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I'm kinda hoping he pretends anyone he goes to tackle is the guy who robbed him - except now that guy isn't hiding behind a gun.

Git 'em Rob!
Ha! Said it first.
MissouriTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #6
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

I was actually thinking the same thing earlier today. Who knows what those guys said to him. For all we know they told him that they WERE going to kill him and held the gun to the temple of his head the whole time. Certain things can really mess you up mentally.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #7
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

And for a bizarre twist, I wouldn't be surprised that the Chiefs have heard about this incident, and adjusted their game plan to try to take advantage of it.

It's a cruel world sometimes.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-05-2007   #8
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
And for a bizarre twist, I wouldn't be surprised that Chiefs have heard about this incident, and adjusted their game plan to try take advantage of it.

It's a cruel world sometimes.
Part of the game I suppose. I'm sure he'll remind them who he is on the field.
Old 09-05-2007   #9
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

For guys that REALLY LOVE the sport they are playing. The Football field or Basketball court or baseball diamond is their escape from problems.

It's been that way in their youth (since some of them have lived pretty hard lives) that the only time some of these guys enjoy life is on the field or on the court or whatever it may be.

This isn't always the case though. I just remember watching Kobe have to play through what he did knowing that he could be in prison. He said so himself "The basketball court is my escape."

This is why Vick still tried to get on the field and play. Just to know that for those 2 hours he could enjoy life again.( I am not justifying ANYTHING lets just get that straight) I am just saying I can understand why before the whole thing blew up, why Vick wanted to just get back to playing football.

Sometimes it is like this for the fans. Enter the fans of the Saints. How just going to the football game and being there at the time was your grace period if you will...your 'Lets just forget about all those things right now and just watch some football!" of course after it reality hits again and the problems come back up.

I mean there have been numerous stories of athletes having problems in the real word, but on the field none of that matters. I can't really remember if it was the Israel soccer team, but I remember Bill Walton saying something like "It is amazing that sometimes no matter what's going on sports can bring people together and let them forget about whats going on."

Just like when a guy loses something dear to him, or is having problems in his life. A lot of times, football is that escape.

So what I am getting at is... I don't think he will be focused on it too much. Maybe a little before the game...but once the snap starts, hopefully he will just get lost in the game. I don't know though, if he's one of those players that has lived a tough life, I doubt its bothering him and having him lose sleep.

I think he will be all right. He seemed like he was really dedicated to shutting guys down for this year.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #10
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm with you...you just beat me to the punch...

I don't know what's in the mind of a professional athlete or Thank God not of someone who was robbed at gunpoint...but

I think at least when Sunday comes and its game time...Dunta is going to show up...When I used to play sports, I would just get so wrapped up into the game that you really have no idea whats going on in your life...your basically playing with your instincts and thats what your trying to focus on...you don't think about anything else during those couple hours.

Good news though is that if he is a little distracted..at least its the Chiefs...he could guard both their wr's with his eyes shut.

Week 2 at Carolina is a different story...eeww and then week 3 against the colts! he'll be tested then...But game 1 is a warm up for him.

I love the fact he was facing AJ all offseason, that was a really good move on his/coach's part. Is it just me or has Dunta kind of turned a corner. I feel like he always knew he was good... but now it seems he wants the be GREAT and wants to get this team to the playoffs. I'm seeing a lot more fire from him ...
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #11
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan
Send a message via AIM to JohnsonFan Send a message via Skype™ to JohnsonFan

i think the robbery will just motivate him to hit harder and get us a win

PS. Yall wanna mess lets mess
JohnsonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #12
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsonFan View Post
i think the robbery will just motivate him to hit harder and get us a win
Is it possible he could hit any harder? lol, he was laying some lumber during the preseason...he's going to be fun to watch.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #13
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

as a human being finding this out about another human I think wow thats going to really mess that person up mentally for a while.

as a fan being I find myself going PLEASEEEE don't let this mess him up mentally.
Old 09-05-2007   #14
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm really not worried about Dunta being focused. He may be the most focused athlete I've ever seen.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #15
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I'm really not worried about Dunta being focused. He may be the most focused athlete I've ever seen.
yup yup.. hes gonna be fine.. dunta is a tough dude
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #16
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Apparently, you weren't watching Hakeem Olajuwon teach David Robinson how to play basketball back in 95. I know Dunta is focused, but that might be taking it to the extreme.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #17
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb View Post
Apparently, you weren't watching Hakeem Olajuwon teach David Robinson how to play basketball back in 95. I know Dunta is focused, but that might be taking it to the extreme.
Well, maybe I'm wrong, but I did say "focused" and not "best" or "most talented". I also am ignoring the recent past and talking about this year. Anyway, that guy is really focused now and I'm not worried about it.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #18
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23440 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

The man just got robbed in his house, tape up, watched while his girfriend and her kids came into the middle of the situation with the robbers still there, and you are worried about how he will play on Sunday?

I know he is an important part of our team, but let's get real here. Sunday is just a football game. He and his family just survived a home invasion, let's just be thankful that everyone is not injured or worse.
Old 09-06-2007   #19
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
The man just got robbed in his house, tape up, watched while his girfriend and her kids came into the middle of the situation with the robbers still there, and you are worried about how he will play on Sunday?

I know he is an important part of our team, but let's get real here. Sunday is just a football game. He and his family just survived a home invasion, let's just be thankful that everyone is not injured or worse.
I kinda thought that sentiment went without saying

and for anyone who survives that experience, not just a guy making millions playing ball.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #20
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm reminded of the incident with Morgan Ensberg in Spring Training when he and another guy were held at gunpoint in their hotel room... Morgan turned out just fine............... errrrrrrr

Seriously though, I think he will be fine. Dunta does not strike me as someone who will lose focus.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read