Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 09-10-2007   #161
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Weekly Austin Watch Party!

Spec, what was the name of our waitress? I am going to request her.

All the best,
Rick
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #162
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyb View Post
Spec, what was the name of our waitress? I am going to request her.

All the best,
Rick
I never got past damn she had a nice Butt and was pretty. Sorry.

As far as banner, I will ask and see what I can do I might have to make a run to Houston to get one.
Old 09-10-2007   #163
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Found my receipt and it was Laura.
Old 09-10-2007   #164
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 432 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Hey rockabilly, I didn't get a chance to meet you. Where were you sitting?
I was sitting at a table right next to the "impromptu" texans table with some other texans fans in that room we were all in. I think im the youngest...i had a blue backwards texans cap on, with a Carr jersey that had Blue duct tape over carr's name and Shaub spelled out on it with sticker letters.
rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #165
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
I was sitting at a table right next to the "impromptu" texans table with some other texans fans in that room we were all in. I think im the youngest...i had a blue backwards texans cap on, with a Carr jersey that had Blue duct tape over carr's name and Shaub spelled out on it with sticker letters.
Hardcore and his wife were in front of me rockabilly, and Hardcore rockabilly was behind me agains the wall, Now y'all have met!
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #166
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Found my receipt and it was Laura.
Laurie / Laura that's the one!
Old 09-10-2007   #167
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Just for full disclosure - I was sitting against the wall on the bar side that seperated the bar area from the back room that you guys took over... I was at the table close to the bathroom, wearing a dark blue Texans T-shirt.

Anyway - I'll be in the back room next week for sure.

Who is the guy with the long hair, the goatee, and the snakeskin cell phone case? Is he on this board?

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-10-2007   #168
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Would anyone object to the closed captioning being on on a few tvs? I've never had this problem before but I also never cared if it bothered someone else. I won't make them turn them all on but sure would love to have it on several rather than just one.

For those of you that don't know, me and my family are Deaf. Besides, it's loud in there isn't it? So captioning should do all of us good anyway!

Oh yeah, I'll DEFINITELY be there this Sunday. I'll try and look into getting some sort of Texans inflatable for the future. No, I won't buy it by Sunday but I'll definitely begin scoping out eBay and so forth. OH YEAH! I'm psyched! If I have to be wheeled in there on a scretcher, you can mark that happening because there ain't NO WAY in hell I'm missing this!
Old 09-10-2007   #169
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Just for full disclosure - I was sitting against the wall on the bar side that seperated the bar area from the back room that you guys took over... I was at the table close to the bathroom, wearing a dark blue Texans T-shirt.

Who is the guy with the long hair, the goatee, and the snakeskin cell phone case? Is he on this board?
That sounds like Texanaitor?
Old 09-10-2007   #170
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWig View Post
Hardcore and his wife were in front of me rockabilly, and Hardcore rockabilly was behind me agains the wall, Now y'all have met!
Oh, gotcha, I saw you rockabilly but I didn't get your name at the time.
Old 09-10-2007   #171
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Would anyone object to the closed captioning being on on a few tvs? I've never had this problem before but I also never cared if it bothered someone else. I won't make them turn them all on but sure would love to have it on several rather than just one.

For those of you that don't know, me and my family are Deaf. Besides, it's loud in there isn't it? So captioning should do all of us good anyway!
Of course not! We'll make it happen!

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 09-10-2007   #172
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post

Oh yeah, I'll DEFINITELY be there this Sunday. I'll try and look into getting some sort of Texans inflatable for the future. No, I won't buy it by Sunday but I'll definitely begin scoping out eBay and so forth. OH YEAH! I'm psyched! If I have to be wheeled in there on a scretcher, you can mark that happening because there ain't NO WAY in hell I'm missing this!
Nitro, I will ask the A/V manager, Bill, at Third Base. He should be able to hook you up.
Old 09-10-2007   #173
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post

We were on the opposite side of that same wall.
Old 09-10-2007   #174
Specnatz
Site Contributor

I was sitting to the right of Hardcore and in front of BigWig and to my right was Rick.
Old 09-10-2007   #175
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5748 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyb View Post
I'll kill 2 birds mit eine stone. Here is the response from Bill today. We are all set. The bold is my emphasis, for ease of reading.

Rick,

I am glad you all had a great time at Third Base. Next week looks to be the same time and situation for the Texan game. We are excited we have become the Houston Texan bar. We will have the entire restaurant with sound for the Houston game. It became obvious to us that the majority of the bar wanted that this past week.

One of our only problems that we have with big events is that everyone shows up at the same time and orders at the same time. So we go from 0- 300 people in 20 minutes. Now while this is a good problem to have, it does slow down service (food and drinks).

Maybe even more important is the reservation. We will reserve that back room for you and the Texan fans and you can put up a banner during the game. What we want to avoid is that room being held and the rest of the restaurant being full. It gets customers upset when they see empty tables for a half hour while they wait.

On Sunday if we can try to encourage your group to get to the bar before 11:30 it would alleviate both these problems. But really this next Sunday is not going to be the problem. The problem is going to be starting week 8 when there is a 4:00 game. We will work with you on that as we get closer to that date.

One more thing; did you have any waitresses that you really liked and would like to be always in that back room?

It was great to meet you all this past Sunday. Hopefully we’ll keep winning.

Thanks again for working with us,

Bill
So...just let BigWig know via the weekly message board thread if you will be coming, and how many.
I will send an email letting them know how many, based on the count at 12 noon on Friday.
Third Base are reserving that back room for us this week. It's our chance to fill it.

ANYONE -- can we get a banner made this week? Anyone have resources on which to draw there?

Rick

Ok...can't find my reciept, but our waitress in the bar area was not the one wearing the Cowgirl jersey (I have no idea how her service was). Our waitress had the pink Steelers hat on and did a fantastic job and had a great personallity. She was even spouting off about who she had in her starting line up this week for her fantasy team. I hope she got my Texans Koozie we have a history me and that Koozie. The bench seat along the bar area made a good spot for my son to kick back and play his Nintendo DS during half time. Chances are I'll go for the same table. Besides like I mentioned before, it makes us look bigger if a few of us are scattered all over. I invite some to hang back there with us too. I'm less likely to miss my chair if I'm not trying to sit back down.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007   #176
FatTabbyMama
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to FatTabbyMama Send a message via Yahoo to FatTabbyMama

I don't remember his name, but I think there was only one guy working the back room that day and he was great. So yeah, him.

I was in the back corner at a large table that we ended up sharing with a few people... Andrew, and Mike and Stephanie if my memory is correct (and I am terrible at names, so if that's right I am majorly impressed with myself!) Always nice to meet some new folks.

I'm planning on being there again this Sunday with a friend of mine in from New York (let's try not to hold that against him). There's a possibility I'll have to work Sunday morning but I'm keeping my fingers crossed they don't need me...
FatTabbyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007   #177
FatTabbyMama
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to FatTabbyMama Send a message via Yahoo to FatTabbyMama

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
BTW, that jersey was awesome. Saw you leaving but didn't get a chance to say hello. I'm trying to salvage my jersey by carefully unsewing the Carr off the back...
FatTabbyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007   #178
DiehardChris
You betcha!

I had the cute chick wearing the Astros shirt. She did a really good job, and was VERY friendly and VERY accomodating considering there was a rude-ass Redskin fan who was bitching at her for the game selection on the TVs. He was being a jerk, and totally took it out on her - and I saw some Texan fans giving her similar treatment - yet she kept smiling and was really friendly... don't know her name, but she was cool-headed. It would have been very understandable if she had gotten snippy, but she never did.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 09-11-2007   #179
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

well, it looks like it went fairly well. i'm glad to see that rockabilly is getting so much response with his website. i was at the game sunday but it sounds like the first run at 3rd Base was a win with a bit of a shaky start. hmmmmm sounds similar to the game it self. lets keep it going next sunday. my sports bar experience has always taught me to get there early if you want a good spot. the service is usually pretty bad but the best part is that there are a bunch of people yelling and or cheering for your team and thats what it's all about.

in the end, KEYE not showing the game may have really helped us to get a Home Base by forcing people out to watch the games. maybe we should all be sending them thank you letters instead of hate mail.

Go Texans!
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007   #180
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

NITRO and everyone -- the closed-captioning is set, no sweat.

Rick

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read