Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 09-08-2007   #121
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans vs Chiefs Austin Watch Party! Sticky Please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyb View Post
Easily 150. I can't say that they're all gonna be Texans fans though. There are 5 "viewing zones", and I believe 3B plans to show 5 different games. Even so...having been there for a few sporting event watch parties, I have never been disappointed.

Just come on out. The idea behind the watch list, from my perspective, is so that we can inform 3B and they can prepare accordingly.

I really, REALLY hope that this weekend we show 3B that the Texans Fans here in Austin are: a) for real, and b) a revenue-generating force for those guys. Why (b)? Well, when (b) happens, possibilities open up.

See ya,
Rick
I assuming each zone has sound, do you know if we will have sound right? I don't remember this coming up.
Old 09-08-2007   #122
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

If you commited, make sure you are there. Do it for Capers and execute. Hopefully the Texans can help get this thing going by winning some games.

I will be there next week for the Panthers game.
Old 09-08-2007   #123
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Everyone wear white to indicate we're Texan's fans.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007   #124
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
I assuming each zone has sound, do you know if we will have sound right? I don't remember this coming up.
I cannot recall with certainty. As I recall, it did come up, and that the 5 zones each have sound. Again, my recollection. It would make sense, else why have a viewing zone?

When I was there to watch an A&M-Texas basketball game, the sound was great.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007   #125
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Will try and get there about 11:30. see y'all there. I might have a hang over .. going to go drown my Irish sorrows.
Old 09-08-2007   #126
H-Town Balla#90
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
Everyone wear white to indicate we're Texan's fans.
...only have my blue jersey right now.....

seriously, i hope there is sound.

hope to be there around 11:30 as well!

H-Town Balla#90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #127
liltony9144
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to liltony9144 Send a message via Yahoo to liltony9144
Default Texans Games in Austin

I was wondering...

Where do ya'll see the games if you live in Austin?

I'm heading over there next weekend, and I just can't miss a game, and I know the CBS affiliate over there in Austin doesn't show the games. :/

I'm just looking for some help as to where or if I can watch the game..
Old 09-09-2007   #128
Livid13
Veteran

Rep Power: 31 Livid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Games in Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by liltony9144 View Post
I was wondering...

I'm heading over there next weekend, and I just can't miss a game, and I know the CBS affiliate over there in Austin doesn't show the games. :/

A seasoned vet will stumble in too. Count me in boys and girls......
Old 09-09-2007   #129
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Games in Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by liltony9144 View Post
I was wondering...

Third Base. Sports bar on west 6th street, just before you get to Mopac/Loop 1. As you travel west on 6th, Third Base will be on your left, in the bottom floor of an otherwise nondescript office building ("Hartford Plaza").
www.thirdbaseaustin.com

FOLKS --- I have been downgraded to a gametime decision. My boy is still a bit sick, and since I got a WICKED sunburn yesterday playing golf for 6 hours, I think Rick's Wife may have exhausted her patience with my weekend excursions. My strategy was to bring The Boy and Rick's Wife, but The Boy is not cooperating. If I can swing it, I will. I will be the man doing his impersonation of a lobster.
Rickyb
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #130
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Hope you can make it Rick, family comes first. Hmmm maybe that is why I am single.
Old 09-09-2007   #131
JEB2ATX
Rookie

I will be there +1
Old 09-09-2007   #132
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey Guys, that was an awesome time. It was very good to meet so many diehard fans.
Old 09-09-2007   #133
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

That was great - but I'm not real happy about how 3rd Base handled it. They had NO IDEA which TVs were going to show the Texans game - and me and my people got there at 11am so we could get a great seat - we ended up in the middle area of the bar - away from all the Texans fans.

But whatever - we showed up IN FORCE and made a hell of a lot of NOISE! We really brought the house and I can't wait for the Panthers game!

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #134
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

HOUSTON TEXANS! da da dadada HOUSTON TEXANS! da da dadada

haha today was awesome, see ya guys next week!.

Old 09-09-2007   #135
H-Town Balla#90
Rookie

that was the most fun I've had and not been at the game. we OWNED that place. It was great meeting you guys and gals. I just posted on my usual houstonprofootball.com board that any Austin fan come out next time. We rocked that place!!!!!

HOUSTON.................TEXANS!!

H-Town Balla#90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #136
AustinTexansFan
Rookie

All I can say is HELL YA!
AustinTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #137
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Next week I will definitely be in the back room with all the rowdies.

Oh - and I loved the KEYE SUCKS chants! Those were awesome!!

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #138
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

How many people were there? I'll definitely be there next weekend. Had to babysit today so I couldn't make it as expected.
Old 09-09-2007   #139
FatTabbyMama
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to FatTabbyMama Send a message via Yahoo to FatTabbyMama

That was a great time and a GREAT game!

A few kinks, but I bet they get worked out now that the Third Base folks know how serious we are. See y'all next Sunday!

FatTabbyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #140
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Next week I will definitely be in the back room with all the rowdies.

Oh - and I loved the KEYE SUCKS chants! Those were awesome!!
lol, oh that what they were saying? I thought they were chanting KC SUCKS.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read