Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 09-05-2007   #61
ATXan
Rookie

Smile Re: Austin Watch Parties Thread

Hello I am new to the board. I love that I am living in austin but I do not underside why i have time warner with 300 channels and the only thing I want to see will not be showing. I know everyone here is looking to go to third base. Also just want to let you know that there is another place here in austin that is really nice that also plays all the games with dirctv. They are located close to north austin at the intersection of burnet and 183. The place is called bagpipes and It hink they open at 11am. It is a hooters type and nice inside. Just though I would throw that out. I will probably try it out on sunday.
ATXan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #62
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Austin Watch Parties Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXan View Post
Hello I am new to the board. I love that I am living in austin but I do not underside why i have time warner with 300 channels and the only thing I want to see will not be showing. I know everyone here is looking to go to third base. Also just want to let you know that there is another place here in austin that is really nice that also plays all the games with dirctv. They are located close to north austin at the intersection of burnet and 183. The place is called bagpipes and It hink they open at 11am. It is a hooters type and nice inside. Just though I would throw that out. I will probably try it out on sunday.
It's pretty much been decided that our gatherings will be at Third Base. Only if you were here last month or so to help throw in suggestions. It's just a little too late to make a change, I'd think. Let's give Third Base a shot before we hang it up. Some of the guys have been in contact with their staff and have been making arrangements. Let's not let that work go to waste for those guys. Why don't you come hang at Third Base? Let's try and make this a large gathering of Texan fans! Make our presence known in Austin. This is how it starts.

Welcome to the board.
Old 09-05-2007   #63
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah I live in Buda and ThirdBase is far enough for me to travel, I do not want to travel any further.
Old 09-05-2007   #64
ATXan
Rookie

Cool sounds good. You will probably see me there too if they are going out of the way for Texan fans.Do you think there will be a big group of fans there, and if so do you think we will make the news on keye. I can see the headline now "real texas football fans go crazy downtown after opening season win and stand by for more news on your hometown hero Vince Young and what might be a season ending
"

Keye VY #1 fan
Old 09-05-2007   #65
TEXANSFAN1
Rookie

I am also new to this board and will be there at Third Base on Sunday.

Does anyone know about teenagers being allowed? my son and daughter would also like to be there.
TEXANSFAN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #66
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANSFAN1 View Post
I am also new to this board and will be there at Third Base on Sunday.

Does anyone know about teenagers being allowed? my son and daughter would also like to be there.
It is a family establishment. Family oriented, so bring the kids and the wife.

Old 09-05-2007   #67
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll be there, and I'm bringing my wife and a friend.
Is there some kind of 'official' way we need to let whoever the TexansTalk/Third base liason know that we're coming? Or can we just show up Sunday?

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-05-2007   #68
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Is there some kind of 'official' way we need to let whoever the TexansTalk/Third base liason know that we're coming? Or can we just show up Sunday?
Its been posted many times but here is the gist:
I have an email list of say 50 or so that have joined up in the past. I send out an email for a head count on wed. night. Then I post the head count in a thread entitled " XXXX vs Texans Austin Watch party", etc.
Rickb calls the bar and says we should have X amount coming.
We meet, cheer on the Texans, and enjoy the game! Send me a pm if you have not already.
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #69
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
You can just show up if you want but BigWig is putting a list togehter so we know how many people will be there so we can have tables set-up and together and such.

Soi send him a message and give him your email.

OR what he said!
Old 09-05-2007   #70
austintexanite
All Pro

Sup fellas, anyways, do you guys know if they show soccer there as well. If so I might make it there on Sunday.
austintexanite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #71
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Weekly Austin Watch Party!

This is it , the first game of our new and promising season. This is what we have been Jacoby Jonesing for all preseason.
We have a new home for our fan base and a nice little website and message for KEYE. In case you dont know our own "rockablilly" has put up a new website in defense of our continued woes to view games locally from our CBS affiliate KEYE 42, at www.keye42sucks.com
Make sure you visit it, and on to the roster. This email is posted at www.texanstalk.com and there you can post whether you will be there or not. I know alot of my list will be at the game but the group is growing and looking real good. This will be done every week around wed. night and then Rickyb will get the roll call and let the club know how many.
click here for info on the new home www.thirdbaseaustin.com
Looking forward to seeing you all and looking forward to going 1-0 after we remove the feathers from those Chiefs!
Oh and dont forget its Liberty White day so wear white!

Tom Wiggins aka Big Wig

Official President of the Austin-Houston Texans fan club!

Austin Tx, 78749 USA -Go Texans!

9-7 Roll call 12 noon deadline for Rickyb
Roll call so far-
BigWig
Diehardchris +2
axeman40
rickyb+ 2 1/2?
rockabilly +1
ATXan
Specnatz
Texansfan1 +3
madman90
hookinreds + 2
H-town balla #90
Fat Tabby Mama
lnewcomer
Texanator + 1

Last edited by BigWig; 09-07-2007 at 02:06 PM. Reason: post of roll call
Old 09-05-2007   #72
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Default Re: Texans vs Chiefs Austin Watch Party! Sticky Please!

Roll call so far-
BigWig
Diehardchris +2
Old 09-05-2007   #73
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41343 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

I will be there see y'all Sunday! SUNday! SUNDAY!
Old 09-05-2007   #74
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWig View Post
Roll call so far-
BigWig
Diehardchris +2
axeman40
rickyb
rockabilly +1
Old 09-05-2007   #75
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Hey count me in.
Old 09-05-2007   #76
austintexanite
All Pro

I'm not sure I'll be able to make it, I'd like to go. Do they show soccer there???
austintexanite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #77
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintexanite View Post
I'm not sure I'll be able to make it, I'd like to go. Do they show soccer there???
Normally I would say you could get a game on but on a sunday I would not bet on it. You would have to call and ask.
Old 09-05-2007   #78
ATXan
Rookie

I will be there. My first watch party without a bunch of cowgirl fans around me.
Lets give the chiefs a woopin
Old 09-06-2007   #79
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24551 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

first of all let me say:

Nice work Orlando! The website is great!

I want you all to know that I used to work at KEYE for several years and I'm glad to see that you're all working so hard to try and get them to see it our way! I intend to send a personal message to Gary asking him to consider our side, but I want you all to understand that local television is not run by wizards or even rational people. It is a business run almost solely on "numbers". Flawed as it may be, the Nielson ratings are the sole source for television markets to judge their bill scale for advertising as well as programming. Rockabilly is right, it is indeed a flawed system. (i had no idea about the "locking out" of Hispanics... do tell) You must understand that much like the NCAA football rankings, flawed as it is, it is still THE SYSTEM that they use. KEYE has absolutely no loyalty what-so-ever to Vince Young or to the Houston Texans. They are loyal to their ratings, their bottom line their news "image" and their profit margin. I can promise you that as soon as the Texans start winning consistently and the ever indifferent Austinites start watching them instead of some team from tennesee with really ugly uniforms (including those non-hispanics with the Nielson boxes) KEYE will cover them, becasue that's what the ratings tell them to do.

There is a half full bright side to all of this. In the end wouldn't you all agree that the comradery of converging at a sports bar with a bunch of people who are just as passionate about our TEXANS as we, (you know the type, the ones that know who Chris White is) might in the end not be such a bad thing?

I cannot wait for the first road game, I will be in attendance. You can go ahead and mark me down on the roll call for that one! Furthermore, I'd hope that even when, yes WHEN keye finally does start showing the Texans that ya'll will continue to show up in force at the sports bar to root for our favorite team just the same.

we are, after all the diehards! we are the ones that have been following the team through the offseason, we were all there through the good and bad, lets stick together regardless of what "K-cheeze" (as we called it when I worked there) does.

I digress.

I will be in attendance at Reliant on Sunday so I will miss the tiny wooden stools at 3rd base. Someone please break one for me!

Go Texans!
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #80
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Roll call so far-
BigWig
Diehardchris +2
axeman40
rickyb
rockabilly +1
ATXan
Specnatz

Come on I know its only thursday, but with all the chatter y'all made on these boards I would think more of you would be there. I only have 3 so far that are going to the game, lets get this thing going y'all!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read