Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 08-25-2007   #41
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Austin Watch Parties Thread

Anybody going tonight?
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007   #42
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Unfortunately I am unable to go. But I will be there for the start of the reg season.
Old 08-29-2007   #43
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21314 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Myself and three friends

Specnatz

Barrett and wife.

Terrific sports bar, good location (Hartland Plaza - 6th/Mopac), friendly service, easy parking, good food, plenty of TV's, unfortunately kid friendly for my truck driver's mouth and the Texans won, good times.
For the record the stools totally suck. I'm not just saying that because I broke one. I'm a skinny dude and I could barely keep my arse on there! But they do have fireman's 4 and they were very attentive to us all. I think there were probably 7 or so other texans fans there for the AZ game. not from the board but there to watch the game. so thats promising.

i'll probably go again on thursday.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007   #44
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

I will be there for the 1st regular season game.
We need to find out the following:
1. what time will they open on sunday ( we have mostly noon games)
2. What is the menu like ( alot will want a snack or lunch)
3. Might not be bad to know what drink specials they have

Can anyone get this, RickyB ??
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007   #45
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Sunday football, umm I doubt they will have drink specials but if you goto the website you can look at the menu.

http://www.thirdbaseaustin.com/menu

And they open at 11 am.

Oh and I will try and make it to Third base tonight because I want to see Z play.

Last edited by Specnatz; 08-30-2007 at 10:42 AM.
Specnatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007   #46
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Newsflash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Game is on KEYE tonight, go figure!
Old 08-30-2007   #47
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 28871 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWig View Post
Newsflash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Game is on KEYE tonight, go figure!
not on my tv
Old 08-31-2007   #48
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I will be there for the 1st regular season game.
We need to find out the following:
1. what time will they open on sunday ( we have mostly noon games)
2. What is the menu like ( alot will want a snack or lunch)
3. Might not be bad to know what drink specials they have

Can anyone get this, RickyB ??
Spec hit the nail.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007   #49
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Wow $6 for a chili cheese dog, thats Fiesta Texas prices!
Sure makes me miss that free grub at the Saxon Pub!
Old 09-01-2007   #50
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wow $6 for a chili cheese dog, thats Fiesta Texas prices!
Sure makes me miss that free grub at the Saxon Pub!
If that chili cheese dog is as good as the burger is, then the juice is most definitely worth the squeeze.

See you next week.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007   #51
Specnatz
Site Contributor

If we get a big enough party going ya never know how they will treat us. This is just the beginning.
Old 09-02-2007   #52
H-Town Balla#90
Rookie

I am a new user to this board. I usually use houstonprofootball.com, but I've been in search of watch party here in Austin. a guy by the name of HuttoKarl on the texans website boards told me to come here and find out what's up from BigWig or rickyb. I want to check it out, he was saying about needing to be put down on a list so that 3rd base knows how people are coming or something? Just wanting to get the details on how it works or do I just show up?

I used to go t Ringers whenever KEYE would punk us, but now they don't even play the Texans on a big screen which = no sound!

Let me know........thnx
H-Town Balla#90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007   #53
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-Town Balla#90 View Post
I am a new user to this board. I usually use houstonprofootball.com, but I've been in search of watch party here in Austin. a guy by the name of HuttoKarl on the texans website boards told me to come here and find out what's up from BigWig or rickyb. I want to check it out, he was saying about needing to be put down on a list so that 3rd base knows how people are coming or something? Just wanting to get the details on how it works or do I just show up?

I used to go t Ringers whenever KEYE would punk us, but now they don't even play the Texans on a big screen which = no sound!

Let me know........thnx
Basically Bigwig as an email list and he sends out an email saing please respond if you going to be there. So if you send him a message (Which can be done by clicking his name and sending private message) with you email addy so this way you can be added to the list. One of the main reasons we chose Third base was because of the parking it has on location versus having to find it and or pay for it.

Hope to see you there.
Old 09-03-2007   #54
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Basically Bigwig as an email list and he sends out an email saing please respond if you going to be there. So if you send him a message (Which can be done by clicking his name and sending private message) with you email addy so this way you can be added to the list. One of the main reasons we chose Third base was because of the parking it has on location versus having to find it and or pay for it.

Hope to see you there.
Really? I didn't realize that. I didn't know there were pay parking sites on Sundays out there.

Welcome to the board, H-Town. Looking forward to seeing you on game days at Third Base! BRING YOUR TEXAN FRIENDS!
NitroGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007   #55
Hook'er
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 Hook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden cover

I would LOVE one of those K-Eye T-shirts. (Official home of the Houston Texans?) Someone ought to see about getting some made up!
Old 09-03-2007   #56
H-Town Balla#90
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post

Hope to see you there.

thnx for the info....i'll send him a message. that was my other question too about parking. never been to 3rd base. they have on site parking?? sweet!!
Old 09-03-2007   #57
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Really? I didn't realize that. I didn't know there were pay parking sites on Sundays out there.

Welcome to the board, H-Town. Looking forward to seeing you on game days at Third Base! BRING YOUR TEXAN FRIENDS!
Never been downtown on a sunday, ok well leaving on a sunday never arriving, but since they have there own parking it is a moot point.
Old 09-03-2007   #58
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

We used to meet at the Saxon Pub for several years, where parking was not in issue at all, we never really did the downtown thing. Too bad they dont have the Ticket, that is why we are moving to 3rd base, The Saxon was one heckuva place to be for a Texans watching party.
Heck I even brought paraphanelia like a 7' Texan Blocker Blowup dude!
Old 09-03-2007   #59
H-Town Balla#90
Rookie

just and FYI, just checked KEYE for week 2. it will be Colts at titans!!!!

so no Texans games as of yet
Old 09-03-2007   #60
H-Town Balla#90
Rookie

just emailed the prgramming director of KEYE......

"Clearly, our wish to support Texas sports franchises is out of line with our desire to please the largest number of local sports fans we can. Our response to this will be as it was last year that is, to fairly cover both teams as best as we can. We will make our game choices as we go through the season and will publish our choices in the available programming guides.

Again, thanks for writing to KEYE, please feel free to contact us at any time."

-From your standard "screw you" email to Texans fans.......Doesn't look like you are fairly covering both teams now huh? You won't even give the hometeam a chance. Mad b/c Colt McCoy and the longhorns looked like crap against Arkansas state? Now we all fawn over VY again?!?!?!?!?!?"

hope he enjoys.........

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read