Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 09-05-2007   #1
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Mike Shanahan

I've got Travis Henry. I'm thinking about picking up Selvin Young for a handcuff since he's been named the #2 RB.

Then I hear about Mike Shanahan's reputation for screwing over fantasy owners....

Do you guys think that this is for real or is it a cruel trick?
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #2
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Re: Mike Shanahan

it is for real. But as long as you have the #2 you should be fine
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #3
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 561 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

I had both Mike and Tatum Bell for most of last season, and yes, it was a pain in the butt with MS and their respective injuries. This year, I drafted Henry and expect none of the crap from last year...but I did pick up Selvin Young when it was announced he was #2...just so I could sleep at night.
Old 09-05-2007   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

They say Shanahan screws fantasy owners, because he usually goes with a Running back by committee.

But that's only because he hasn't found a real every down back since TD. Someone who can catch out of the backfield, block on passing downs, run in open space, get the short yards, power in for a TD, run the stretch.... etc...

Clinton Portis was the closest thing he's had since, & Travis Henry is similar, IMHO.

Obviously, I'm not a head coach, but if I were in Shanahan's shoes, Mike Bell would be in the game inside the 20.. that is if he's still healthy, I really don't know.

Selvin Young is a good runner, and may be the starter before the end of the season, if he can show he can do all those other things.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read