Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 09-07-2007   #81
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 903 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wear White Sunday!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
I understand BOTH sides of this one...my only "suggestion" would be to NOT wear a RED shirt to this game...lest you be mistaken for a Chiefs fan.

Hey, my nicest & most-customized jersey is my red Mario one, but it stays home this weekend.

SWT - If you'd really like a Texans white tshirt, size XL, let me know...I have several that won't fit my *ahem* larger diameter (2XL) torso anymore. Sorry, no "spare" white jerseys though, I've only got one.
how much are you asking for them? Between my move and expenses right now, I am not a plethora of extra money. Have even had to temporarily suspend the poker trips...

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007   #82
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 12366 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
If that's not dorky enough for you, I also have a blue grill and a red grill.
grill as in teefs?
Old 09-07-2007   #83
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
how much are you asking for them? Between my move and expenses right now, I am not a plethora of extra money. Have even had to temporarily suspend the poker trips...
DAMN! Now we really know money is tight when the poker trips had to be canceled. GL dude!

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007   #84
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 22174 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

I have seen fans on tv, if not mistaken I believe the Miami Heat in last year's playoffs, all wore (well appeared to by at least 95%) white and the consistency did look really nice. Although I really like to wear jerseys to the games, I think on this occasion I will go with a white top.

I went to a couple of the Rockets playoff games the past season and even though the fans were asked to wear red, I doubt if half did. A friend showed up at my house in a green polo, WTH. I had to lead the friend to the closet to make another selection.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007   #85
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 903 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

somebody is hooking me up with a white shirt.....i'll be moving the jersey to towel-waving status

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007   #86
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 25169 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
somebody is hooking me up with a white shirt.....i'll be moving the jersey to towel-waving status
Kick --s bro. Exactly 2 hours and 19 minutes until my first migraine of the season!!

GO TEXANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007   #87
Battle Red Flash
Veteran

Rep Power: 24 Battle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
It is people like you that seem to believe that the way you identify as a fan is to wear the color that the organization tells you to wear. It is people like you that claimed I was not a "real Texans fan" because I wanted to wear my Texans jersey instead of some other color.

I do not care if you do not like it. What right do YOU have in deciding what I will wear? Who made YOU the fashion police?

It is people like you that give Texans fans a bad name and you should be ashamed of your comments.
I believe the others like me have reminded everyone that the Texan's asked us to wear white. I know I have only asked you to wear white. Not told. Not threatened people like the poster who dared us to say something to his face. I guess he would then punch someone in the face. Very nice.
I have never and will never mock a Houston fan at a Houston game. THAT is not cool at all.
The first post of this thread merely reminded people of the event.
I DO believe this is ONE of the reasons why nationally we are not considered some of the best fans. Ask Packer fans to wear green, and they say okay.
Ask Texans fans to wear white, and have fun, and they say "I don't have a white shirt."
I have said and done nothing to "be ashamed" of.
Rick Smith and the Texans asked us to wear white, he did not tell us to. Many of you just read what you want.

Last edited by Battle Red Flash; 09-07-2007 at 06:52 PM. Reason: I used too strong language.
Battle Red Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-07-2007   #88
jaybird
Veteran

Just wanted to bump this thread up!

Don't forget your white guys and gals! Looking for a white out this weekend.

And let's get LOUD!!! I want it twice as loud as it was for the Cowgirls!
Old 09-07-2007   #89
Endzone Gabe
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybird View Post
Just wanted to bump this thread up!

Don't forget your white guys and gals! Looking for a white out this weekend.

And let's get LOUD!!! I want it twice as loud as it was for the Cowgirls!
Especially the LOUD part!!!!!
Endzone Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007   #90
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

You'll hear me from the parking lot.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007   #91
jaybird
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
You'll hear me from the parking lot.
I better! It was rocking for the Cowgirls game... and I expect nothing less now... there's nothing like a home town crowd that is pumped for a game!
Old 09-08-2007   #92
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1664 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

This is from the Houston Chronicle

Lets ask the Coach what he thinks.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Kubiak
"I'll be wearing whatever they put in my locker," he said. "I'm more concerned about the team than what I'm going to wear."

I like the attitude.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007   #93
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Flash View Post
The first post of this thread merely reminded people of the event.
I DO believe this is ONE of the reasons why nationally we are not considered some of the best fans. Ask Packer fans to wear green, and they say okay.
Source, please. I've never read anything about Houston fans on the national media level except that Reliant can be one of the loudest stadiums in the NFL.

Perhaps it's your insecurity of what the rest of the country thinks of us...who knows. The perception of the Texans has to do with five losing seasons, not what colors fans wear to games. If anything, they'd laugh at us for having 5-6 uniform combos for 8 home games. Most teams have a standard home uni and maybe one game sporting a retro look.

I'm only in this thread because some find themselves on a mental high horse about how they define "fan". I feel the need to defend ALL Texans fans when they are being unfairly attacked and generalized.

I wrote the Texans about this nonsense, because it's spilled over to sports talk radio now. What will make the rest of the country think we are bad fans is the bickering over who is a "better fan". It's silly and pointless.

The Texans response:

Quote:
Dear Double Barrel,

Thank you for your email and support of the Houston Texans! We appreciate your feedback regarding Liberty White Day. We have chosen theme days to unite the fans and intimidate the opposing team. Please feel free to wear your Deep Steel Blue jersey on Sunday. Thank you and have a great day!

Go Texans!
C'mon, " intimidate the opposing team"? Yeah, riiiiight. Marketing slogans all the way.

I'll most likely wear white, simply because I have the option. But some folks don't, and I'm never going to call them out because they don't follow the herd.

If you are still watching and rooting for this team after five dismal seasons, YOU ARE A TEXANS FAN as far as I'm concerned.
Old 09-08-2007   #94
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dear Double Barrel,

Thank you for your email and support of the Houston Texans! We appreciate your feedback regarding Liberty White Day. We have chosen theme days to unite the fans and intimidate the opposing team. Please feel free to wear your Deep Steel Blue jersey on Sunday. Thank you and have a great day!

Go Texans!
I might have to start a weekly Dear Double Barrel column.

Good stuff DB, thanks for sharing.

Last edited by Kaiser Toro; 09-08-2007 at 10:47 AM.
Kaiser Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007   #95
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1664 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Good stuff DB, thanks for sharing.
I second that comment.
Thanks DB.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007   #96
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Point Set Match and the winner is DB for being the voice of reason and knowing we are all true fans no matter what color you wear.

I will try and have Reliant hearing me all the way from Thirdbase austin.

Old 09-08-2007   #97
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 25169 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Point Set Match and the winner is DB for being the voice of reason and knowing we are all true fans no matter what color you wear.

I will try and have Reliant hearing me all the way from Thirdbase austin.

Ok guys... you are true fans no matter what you wear. That part has ALREADY been established.

For those of you who are ANTI wearing white, dont. For those of you who want to join in on the gameplan of turning Reliant into a sea of Liberty White for the Liberty White Kickoff.... this is simply a reminder for you to BRING IT!

GO TEXANS!!!!!!!!
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #98
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 22174 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

I must say that the number that did wear the white, it really looked good in the stadium. I will return to wearing jerseys next game, but my short white sleeved shirt, capris and flipflops were sooo comfortable.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #99
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
I must say that the number that did wear the white, it really looked good in the stadium. I will return to wearing jerseys next game, but my short white sleeved shirt, capris and flipflops were sooo comfortable.
It did look cool but a little weird. I never really consider white as one of our primary colors for some reason. I hope the Texans ask fans to wear all red or all blue at some point this season. I think that would look even better. Besides, when fans ask which color(s) they identify the Texans with, it's probably going to be one of those two.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #100
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Source, please. I've never read anything about Houston fans on the national media level except that Reliant can be one of the loudest stadiums in the NFL.

Perhaps it's your insecurity of what the rest of the country thinks of us...who knows. The perception of the Texans has to do with five losing seasons, not what colors fans wear to games. If anything, they'd laugh at us for having 5-6 uniform combos for 8 home games. Most teams have a standard home uni and maybe one game sporting a retro look.

I'm only in this thread because some find themselves on a mental high horse about how they define "fan". I feel the need to defend ALL Texans fans when they are being unfairly attacked and generalized.

I wrote the Texans about this nonsense, because it's spilled over to sports talk radio now. What will make the rest of the country think we are bad fans is the bickering over who is a "better fan". It's silly and pointless.

The Texans response:

C'mon, " intimidate the opposing team"? Yeah, riiiiight. Marketing slogans all the way.

I'll most likely wear white, simply because I have the option. But some folks don't, and I'm never going to call them out because they don't follow the herd.

If you are still watching and rooting for this team after five dismal seasons, YOU ARE A TEXANS FAN as far as I'm concerned.
Well said! Rep your way!!!

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read