Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 09-06-2007   #61
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wear White Sunday!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Not at all.... we are ALL fans here. It would just look cooler if he and the rest wore red. Its pretty simple. Dont do it if you dont want to.... I am not going to call you any less of a fan thats for sure. Just a fuddy duddy... jk.
I actually edited my post, because it does look cool.... But not necessary.....

Anyway, I resemble that fuddy-duddy remark.
Old 09-06-2007   #62
Battle Red Flash
Veteran

Rep Power: 24 Battle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performer

Nice pic, Tailgate, but that don't fly at Reliant. Some of our fans are just too cool to do something like that. It's just a marketing ploy!
Old 09-06-2007   #63
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I love this picture and have it as one of my screensavers.

Big difference, though. The t-shirts were only $2 or $3 if I remember correctly with proceeds going to the victims of 9/11.
Old 09-06-2007   #64
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thanks Tailgate.

I meant to say:Anyway, we all agree on one thing (except Hershey Bar)
Old 09-06-2007   #65
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 25169 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

To be honest, if the plan is to wear white and very few participate... it kind of comes off a bit pathetic as a whole IMO. Again, you are no less of a fan... but just against the grain if you will. I do understand certain situations as have been stated in here.... so not all apply.

Its not like this is anything new in the sports world:

Anyway, the bottom line: LETS BE LOUD!!!!!!!
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #66
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Flash View Post
Forget it, Mean.
Most of us will wear white, and the others can believe they are cool because "they can't be told what to do." Forget the fact that it would be fun, it would look good to all be united, and McNair and Rick Smith asked us to.
And really, we've only known this has been coming for one year! How could we have found a nice white Texans shirt in only one year?
It has nothing to do with "being cool". But in your mind, you're right.

I don't think anyone is less of a fan for what they wear, but I'm not judgemental that way.

We just have to agree to disagree and all that jazz.

Go Texans.
Old 09-06-2007   #67
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6688 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would venture to say that my wife won't wear white this weekend because it's "after labor day". BLAH!
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-06-2007   #68
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
I would venture to say that my wife won't wear white this weekend because it's "after labor day". BLAH!
LOL - someone needs to remind the Texans front office to read their Emily Post!!! I always thought that particular rule was not made for Houston.
Old 09-06-2007   #69
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Flash View Post
Forget it, Mean.
Most of us will wear white, and the others can believe they are cool because "they can't be told what to do." Forget the fact that it would be fun, it would look good to all be united, and McNair and Rick Smith asked us to.
And really, we've only known this has been coming for one year! How could we have found a nice white Texans shirt in only one year?
It is people like you that seem to believe that the way you identify as a fan is to wear the color that the organization tells you to wear. It is people like you that claimed I was not a "real Texans fan" because I wanted to wear my Texans jersey instead of some other color.

Back in 2004 I attended a Texans game and I believe it was "Blue Day". I proudly wore my white 02 Texans jersey and red Texans hat to the game. I wore it because it was(and is) the only Texans jersey I have and I wanted to show support for my favorite team. There were several asshats at the stadium that loudly called my support for the team into question because i was not following the trend and wearing blue. They said "how cool and united we would look if we all wore blue" and that i was "ruining" their experience by choosing to wear a White Texans jersey and red Texans cap instead of some generic blue shirt.

I do not live in Houston (or Texas for that matter) and do not have the luxury of choosing which games(if any) I get to go to. Typically i have a choice of one game(and sometimes a choice of none). If I am going to a Texans game, I will be wearing my Texans jersey. I do not care if you do not like it. What right do YOU have in deciding what I will wear? Who made YOU the fashion police?

Every year i have to hear and deal with these comments from people like you and I am sick and tired of it. What makes yall think you are better fans than me? It is people like you that give Texans fans a bad name and you should be ashamed of your comments.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #70
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

WOW is all I can say. Yes the idea is to wear white but if you do not have that color jersey and want to wear a jersey; you are going to try and be little someone and talk down to them for wearing a jersey a different color?

I would love for someone to get in my face about my blue jersey because it is the only one I own. Because I would tell you where to take that attitude and where to firmly place it. Calling out someone who is supporting the team is disgusting. Make sure you go on every single Chiefs board and talk to them like this about them wear there white shirts and jerseys because if you do not talk to a rival like this why in the hell would you talk to a fan like this?

Sounds like someone has their nose in the air and a stick up there butt.
Old 09-06-2007   #71
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Ironically, my jersey is white, so I am golden this weekend. Its the other 9 home games that I wont be a real fan....

Old 09-06-2007   #72
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1256 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

awtysst - I'm sorry those asshats acted the way they did. Unfortunately every team has them.

The fact that you attend the game alone is support for the team. I'd much rather you sport Texans gear then nothing at all - or worse Saints gear like caller on 610 this morning. But I'm getting off topic.

I guess all I'll say is support the team - I don't really care how. If you don't want to wear white - so be it. Scream your tail off (when we're on D please) and do your thing. As long as you're supporting the Texans, I see no reason anyone should be calling you a lesser fan.

TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #73
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Just don't wear PINK!!!! That's Yankee's color!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #74
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 21318 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle View Post
Move to San Antonio and ask that question again.
Oh, come on. I can find several stores that carry Texans gear here in the DFW, surely there is a store that carries Texans gear inSA...right?
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #75
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 21318 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle View Post
I'd have one if they did, would I?

Lids had a visor 2 years ago. I bought that.
That's really, really sad.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #76
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 78404 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

I understand BOTH sides of this one...my only "suggestion" would be to NOT wear a RED shirt to this game...lest you be mistaken for a Chiefs fan.

Hey, my nicest & most-customized jersey is my red Mario one, but it stays home this weekend.

SWT - If you'd really like a Texans white tshirt, size XL, let me know...I have several that won't fit my *ahem* larger diameter (2XL) torso anymore. Sorry, no "spare" white jerseys though, I've only got one.
Old 09-06-2007   #77
Lucky

Rep Power: 103975 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
I understand BOTH sides of this one...my only "suggestion" would be to NOT wear a RED shirt to this game...lest you be mistaken for a Chiefs fan.
Do you remember back in 2003, when the Texans handed out Battle Red towels to the fans...prior to the Chiefs game?

What a disaster.
Old 09-06-2007   #78
Revolution
All Pro

Rep Power: 304 Revolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm a sucker and I am going to ante up for a Liberty White Jersey! I just think it looks cool when everyone wears the same color tops. It doesn't hurt that I am jacked about getting my season tickets back this year...

Plus, it seems to give the crowd just a little more edge. If any of you are on the fence, please wear white on Sunday!

Just a friendly plea from a Texan fan.
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #79
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 31376 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

In year 1, the only jersey I had was the blue '02 jersey. I never bought a players jersey because players come and go. I buy a player's jersey and he gets traded or cut or whatever, and I now have an out of date jersey. If I was going to buy a jersey, it was going to be personalized.

I wore that blue '02 jersey to every game but the last one that first year. Of course we didn't have Battle Red day or Liberty White or any of that.

That last game of year one is when my personalized white and blue jerseys came in. Christmas presents from me to me. They were buy one get one half price, so I went for it since I was going to get 2 eventually anyway.

I decided then that I would wear the white one for division games and nationally televised games, and the blue one for all other games. That just seemed an easy way to determine what color jersey I'd wear on Sundays.

Then of course, in year 2, they break out the battle reds. I didn't have a red jersey so I wore whatever jersey I was supposed to wear with my little system. So I wore blue for Battle Red Day '03, and white for Battle red day '04 and '05.

It wasn't until last year that I ordered my personalized battle red jersey that I wore for the first time last year.

My little system is a little different now. If I kept it like it was, I'd be wearing the blue a whole lot more than the others. And as it is, I'm wearing the red just once a year. I'm always in blue for pre-season, unless it's a national TV game. Now that they have Liberty White Kickoff, and my old way could potentially have me in blue for the 1st 4 or 5 games, I like that I can break out the whites on opening day. So now I'll wear the white jersey on Kickoff Sunday. I'll still be in white for division games or national tv games, with the only exception being if it's battle red day. This means I'll be wearing white for the Deep Steel Sunday game against the Colts and red for the Denver game. Since red sees the light of day just once a year, I won't break it out again unless we're in the playoffs, at home. And then blue for all other games.

So here's my schedule:
Chi - blue
Dal - blue
KC - white
Ind - white
Mia - blue
Ten - white
NO - blue
TB - blue
Den - red
Jac- white
playoff game - red

If that's not dorky enough for you, I also have a blue grill and a red grill.

Is this my cry for help???

And Texans home games are the ONLY times I wear those jerseys.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007   #80
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
Oh, come on. I can find several stores that carry Texans gear here in the DFW, surely there is a store that carries Texans gear inSA...right?
Elle is right SA and Austin suck for any gear related to the Texans. you can find hats for the most part (not decent hats either) and a shirt every now and then but only if you drive to every store that says they sell appearrell.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read