Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 09-06-2007   #41
Mean Machine
Veteran

Rep Power: 114 Mean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wear White Sunday!!!

Some of you people just don't get it. The Texans, the team you supposedly support, are promoting a day to open the season with Liberty White Day. Put aside your pettiness, superstitions, selfishness or "i wear blue to every game" mentality and SUPPORT the Texans.
Wear white.
It can be a plain white t shirt for crying out loud, but wear white on Liberty White Day
Wear blue on Deep Steel Blue Day.
Wear red on Battle Red day.
It's actually a pretty simple concept.
Go Texans!
sec 637: Gridiron, Texas.
Mean Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #42
Texan_Lee
Lost for now...

Rep Power: 18 Texan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to Texan_Lee Send a message via MSN to Texan_Lee

Hey, for those white (caucasion) folks out there, just take your shirts off...

Would that be considered wearing white on Sunday?

Had to post it... sorry...
Go Texans!!! Go Bull Pen!!!
Section 116 - Row D
Texan_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #43
Texan_Lee
Lost for now...

Rep Power: 18 Texan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to Texan_Lee Send a message via MSN to Texan_Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Machine View Post
Some of you people just don't get it. The Texans, the team you supposedly support, are promoting a day to open the season with Liberty White Day. Put aside your pettiness, superstitions, selfishness or "i wear blue to every game" mentality and SUPPORT the Texans.
Wear white.
It can be a plain white t shirt for crying out loud, but wear white on Liberty White Day
Go Texans!
This is true... it doesn't have to be a Texans Jersey... but if you have one, go for it! if not, just get a general T-shirt from Wal-Fart or Target... as long as it isn't a Cowpoke shirt, it will work!
Go Texans!!! Go Bull Pen!!!
Section 116 - Row D
Texan_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #44
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wear white.
Go Texans!
SUPPOSEDLY SUPPORT?? What ?? I have season tickets, that is support, I bought a jersey, that too is support. It is Blue, and well I would rather support them that way since I did pay for it than to wear a white T-shirt that doesn't symbolize anything Texans at all. So I support the Texans as much as the next guy, and well I do understand the teams marketing ideas, I bought a blue jersey and I am wearing a blue jersey, if you want to wear white or red or blue on that given Sunday, great...that is YOUR choice, so don't come here saying that we don't get it, WE do..!!

Enjoy the game !!
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #45
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
SUPPOSEDLY SUPPORT?? What ?? I have season tickets, that is support, I bought a jersey, that too is support. It is Blue, and well I would rather support them that way since I did pay for it than to wear a white T-shirt that doesn't symbolize anything Texans at all. So I support the Texans as much as the next guy, and well I do understand the teams marketing ideas, I bought a blue jersey and I am wearing a blue jersey, if you want to wear white or red or blue on that given Sunday, great...that is YOUR choice, so don't come here saying that we don't get it, WE do..!!

Enjoy the game !!
I understand where you guys are coming from... and its a free country. But its all in the spirit of the game. The stadium would look awesome if everyone stuck TOGETHER and wore white.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #46
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wear white.
Go Texans!
You don't get it. We are all fans. We support our team. The marketing department doesn't define us. Id rather proudly wear my favorite players jersey to my teams stadium then wear a plain white tee shirt that doesn't mean anything. Get over yourself. We paid our hardearned money for merchandise, we are going to sport it proudly. we SUPPORT our team..don't accuse us of being lesser fans because we don't adhere to your dress code.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #47
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Enjoy the game !!
I'm with you on this one Hobie....

PSL's $1,800.00
Season Tickets & Parking $1670.00 x 6 seasons = $10,020.00
Food/Beer for tailgating (average $100.00 x 52 home games so far) = $5,200.00
Food / Beer in the stadium (average 30.00 x 52 home games so far) = $1,560.00
Road Trips to Cincinatti and New Orleans = $1,500.00
Texans gear (including a white $230.00 jersey, chairs, etc.) = $1,000.00

Total = $ 21,080.00 (plus incidentals not mentioned). Thats pretty damn supportive to me.

To promote days like this, the Texans should anty up and give out t-shirts to the first 40,000 (or so) people that show up. So, you'll excuse me if I pass on running out to buy more gear.

I once wore red shorts (with my white jersey) on Battle Red Day - does that count???
Old 09-06-2007   #48
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 346173 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Some of you people just don't get it.
Perhaps that road goes both ways.

Quote:
The Texans, the team you supposedly support,
Nice way to call out fans because we don't color coordinate our clothes with marketing.

If people are wearing TEAM COLORS, I don't see a problem.

The team wears white jerseys for 3-5 home games a year. The only difference with "Liberty White Day" is white pants. Are you wearing white pants to the game?! If not, I'd have to wonder if you truly support this team according to your standards.

Quote:

Enjoy the game !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
You don't get it. We are all fans. We support our team. The marketing department doesn't define us. Id rather proudly wear my favorite players jersey to my teams stadium then wear a plain white tee shirt that doesn't mean anything. Get over yourself. We paid our hardearned money for merchandise, we are going to sport it proudly. we SUPPORT our team..don't accuse us of being lesser fans because we don't adhere to your dress code.
Agree with both of the above posts.

I am Antipop, the man you will not stop.
Old 09-06-2007   #49
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Cmon guys... last time I checked a white Im a Texan T was like 20 bucks. For die hard fans like us... I am sure thats not going to kill anyone.

Its just looks that much cooler when all participate... thats all.

But to each their own.
Old 09-06-2007   #50
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

im just tired of people on this board trying to bully you into their utopian vision of a fan....

if you don't think like this,....your not a real fan

if you don't wear a white shirt...your not a real fan

Geez. Its like elementary school peer pressure, and im sick of it. Im a grown ass man who is going to wear a steel blue jersey to a texans football game. I double dog dare ya to make an issue about it to my face

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"

Last edited by swtbound07; 09-06-2007 at 01:22 PM. Reason: fan...not van
Old 09-06-2007   #51
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Lets be honest... how cool does this pic look with everyone in red. Well, not everyone.

Old 09-06-2007   #52
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Lets be honest... how cool does this pic look with everyone in red. Well, not everyone.

That picture proves it... They guy right in the middle of the picture wearing a blue hat and blue t-shirt is not a 'real' fan.

Seriously - it does look great, but I am just not for someone doubting your fandom because you don't wear the 'correct' color!!
Old 09-06-2007   #53
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post

if you want to buy me a texan's logo'd white t-shirt or jersey and give it to me before the game i would be more than happy to wear it.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Old 09-06-2007   #54
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 346173 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
That picture proves it... They guy right in the middle of the picture wearing a blue hat and blue t-shirt is not a 'real' fan.
And it made all the difference between winning and losing....or not.
Old 09-06-2007   #55
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Not at all.... we are ALL fans here. It would just look cooler if he and the rest wore red. Its pretty simple. Dont do it if you dont want to.... I am not going to call you any less of a fan thats for sure. Just a fuddy duddy... jk.
Old 09-06-2007   #56
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

I will be wearing white socks, drawers and a T under my jersey...so I guess technically I will be dressed in my Liberty Whites !!
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #57
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

I see both sides of the issue. I plan on wearing white and so does most of my family. My 13 yr. old son is wearing his blue Williams jersey with a plain white shirt under. He can take the jersey off in the stands in order to fit in better if he decides to.

I have some cynicism about the marketing department just wanting to make us buy 3X the gear so we can match on Red, White and/or Blue games. However, I know how powerful a message have a color coordinated stadium can be. I do like the idea of the Texans having cheap shirts as a giveaway when they ask the fans to wear a certain color. I googled looking for the image from Kyle Field after 9/11 when the stands were red, white and blue by section after 9/11. I couldn't find it. Does anyone have a link to that picture? Tallk about powerful messages.

Anyway, we all agree on one thing
Old 09-06-2007   #58
Battle Red Flash
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Battle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Some of you people just don't get it. The Texans are promoting a day to open the season with Liberty White Day.
Go Texans!
Forget it, Mean.
Most of us will wear white, and the others can believe they are cool because "they can't be told what to do." Forget the fact that it would be fun, it would look good to all be united, and McNair and Rick Smith asked us to.
And really, we've only known this has been coming for one year! How could we have found a nice white Texans shirt in only one year?
Old 09-06-2007   #59
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Old 09-06-2007   #60
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Flash View Post
Forget it, Mean.
Most of us will wear white, and the others can believe they are cool because "they can't be told what to do." Forget the fact that it would be fun, it would look good to all be united, and McNair and Rick Smith asked us to.
And really, we've only known this has been coming for one year! How could we have found a nice white Texans shirt in only one year?
only found out i could go to the game this week....and my paycheck comes next thursday. If image is all that important to you, buy me a shirt. Im an XL.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read