Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 09-05-2007   #21
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wear White Sunday!!!

I have a huge Domanick Davis jersey. I've lost a lot of weight since I bought it and it's almost a dress on me. I think I'll wear a black shirt, it's close enough.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #22
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1257 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see this as a marketing ploy....I see it as an attempt to get the fans coordinated. The stadium will look great "whited out". As fans it's a way to support our team while intimidating (hopefully) the opposing team. Houston is horrible when it comes to these things. There are still people cheering when we are on offense because they get excited when we are trying to score. This is another way to support your team and it doesn't require any effort - not even a towel waving. I for one am happy to do it.

TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #23
Mean Machine
Veteran

Rep Power: 114 Mean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respected

Bottom line is this:
Wear something white.
Even if it doesn't have Texans logo, wear a white t shirt and Texans blue cap, just wear a white top.

If you are worried about it not being Texans logo shirt, jsut make alot of noise when the defense is on the field and after Jacoby takes a punt back 83 yards for a TD!

It looks so cool when a home crowd supports their team in wearing the color of the day.
Aggie 'maroon outs' and 'white outs' at Reed Arena have looked very cool in the past.
Make Reliant THE place to be on Sundays(and a Thursday in December) this Fall and Winter.
sec 637: Gridiron, Texas.
Mean Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #24
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxDavid View Post
I don't see this as a marketing ploy....I see it as an attempt to get the fans coordinated. The stadium will look great "whited out". As fans it's a way to support our team while intimidating (hopefully) the opposing team. Houston is horrible when it comes to these things. There are still people cheering when we are on offense because they get excited when we are trying to score. This is another way to support your team and it doesn't require any effort - not even a towel waving. I for one am happy to do it.

Besides, it's WHITE. It's not like anyone has to spend extra money on it. Undershirts are white. Free t-shirts from everywhere are white. It's easy - why be a jerk about it?
Old 09-05-2007   #25
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsonFan View Post
why do we not have a specific home jersey or away like we where blue when we are home and away same as white?
I think it started because of the heat...white jerseys for home on during the first part of the season - blue for the later part..

That's outdated now, though, because of our 80 degree closed-roof rule at Reliant. I think the blue jerseys should be the permanent home jerseys.

As for away jerseys, the home dictates. So more times than not, the Texans are wearing their white jerseys away, too. That's a wholelotta white and not much blue.
Old 09-05-2007   #26
gwallaia

Rep Power: 69621 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll wear white, but I hate the all-white jersey combo.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #27
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 313912 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ok so this means that when we meet up and I have on my CARR blue jersey, it's all good? Cuz, that's my option.
I could care less. Wear a Boselli jersey, doesn't matter to me.

I'm not doggin' anyone that wishes to participate. I just don't like being dogged because I like my steel blues, and it is still team colors.

I'm there to watch a football game, and to be honest, the only part about the crowd I care about is if they're yelling and being quiet at the right times. The team doesn't play better because we color coordinate. It is a fan thing, though, and I'm cool with team spirit (I've worn a hardhat to every home game since 19-10).

But...I am the Antipop, going against the grain until the day I drop.
Old 09-05-2007   #28
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I could care less. Wear a Boselli jersey, doesn't matter to me.

I'm not doggin' anyone that wishes to participate. I just don't like being dogged because I like my steel blues, and it is still team colors.

I'm there to watch a football game, and to be honest, the only part about the crowd I care about is if they're yelling and being quiet at the right times. The team doesn't play better because we color coordinate. It is a fan thing, though, and I'm cool with team spirit (I've worn a hardhat to every home game since 19-10).

But...I am the Antipop, going against the grain until the day I drop.
Personally i love wearing my Texans jersey to the games, only time i get a chance to wear it here in SA, and i don't want to wear a damn white t-shirt when i want to wear my Texans jersey and that jersey happens to be steel blue...That doesn't make me any less of a fan....I will scream my lungs out, not be able to talk for 2 days, and it will all be for my TEXANS...So anyone else and their opinions, i really don't care...
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #29
Endzone Gabe
Rookie

Honestly, If you cant wear white just make up for it by being loud!
Endzone Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #30
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endzone Gabe View Post
Honestly, If you cant wear white just make up for it by being loud!
Now those are the best words i heard yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sums it all up....
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #31
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

The "all one color" day will never work at Reliant, so it's not gonna really matter what anyone wears. To many yahoo's that choose to wear anything BUT red white or blue. If you don't believe me, just wander through the club section.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #32
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

the thing is, i only get to go to a few games...and I am not going to not show my team support by not wearing one of my jerseys to the game when I get the chance. Great that the marketing department wants us in white...i think its a neat idea...but the reality is, I've got 7 texans jerseys, and none of them are white. I've got 3 steel blue andre's, 1 steel blue dominic davis, 1 battle red andre, and i gave my original Houston Jersey and my Sharper jersey to my girlfriend. Given that its the chiefs, and I don't want any confusion as to where my loyalties lie, Im rocking a steel blue andre.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #33
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsonFan View Post
why do we not have a specific home jersey or away like we where blue when we are home and away same as white?
A lot of teams have gotten away from the strictly "Dark at home - White on the road" since teams were allowed to use alternate jerseys. It gives them more flexibility for marketing angles. (i.e. Liberty White day, Battle Red day, Steel Blue day - new last year). Besides, would you want to wear a dark jersey in the middle of September in either Texas or say Florida - Brutal!!

If you want, blame the Cowboys. If they hadn't insisted on wearing their white jerseys at home, other teams would not have countered by wearing white at home and making the gurls wear their blue jerseys on the road. I remember a play-off game in the late 70's where the Eagles wore their white jerseys at home and beat the gurls. Other teams picked up on that and there ya have it...
Old 09-06-2007   #34
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I'll be sporting the blue. Don't much care what it looks like on TV anyways, won't be watching it there.
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #35
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Wear White Sunday!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
The "all one color" day will never work at Reliant, so it's not gonna really matter what anyone wears. To many yahoo's that choose to wear anything BUT red white or blue. If you don't believe me, just wander through the club section.
IT'S NO PINK, IT IS SALMON!
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #36
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I will not surrender and show white. Steel Blue is the color of my jersey. My Popcorn Lungs will be spitting fire at the Chiefs in lieu of fierce Liberty White apparell.

Go Marketing!
Old 09-06-2007   #37
BullPenPhotos
Veteran

Rep Power: 34856 BullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
IT'S NO PINK, IT IS SALMON!
I don't know...This looks like it is PINK...

Try my All Purpose Spice Mix
Andys-Spice-Mix.com
BullPenPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #38
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Its no different. Those who dont wear red on battle red day are probably the same ones most likely not to wear white on Sunday.
Tailgate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #39
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

While I don't gripe when the roof is open, there is definitely a reason that I wear my Liberty White jersey all the time.
Old 09-06-2007   #40
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

This will be hard for Dante, he only wears black sox, and boxers, not tighty whitey's!
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read