Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-04-2007   #1
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan
Send a message via AIM to JohnsonFan Send a message via Skype™ to JohnsonFan
Default who do you project to be in the playoffs for the AFC and NFC

i really am not sure and dont want to sound stupid but who are ur teams for the wild card, and so on for each AFC and NFC.

PS. Yall wanna mess lets mess
JohnsonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007   #2
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan
Default Re: who do you project to be in the playoffs for the AFC and NFC

so?

Last edited by JohnsonFan; 09-04-2007 at 11:08 PM.
Old 09-05-2007   #3
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 7167 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle View Post
The Saints will go high up in the NFC.
Well this is entirely unexpected from you!

TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #4
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 42567 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

NFC:
Bears
Saints
Eagles
49ers
Seahawks
Cowboys

AFC:
Chargers
Patriots
Colts
Steelers
Texans
Jets

These are just off the top of my head, because the NFC has just been horrible to the point where I consider the Cowboys a contender.

The AFC.... much easier to do.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #5
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

pats, colts, bears, chargers...you know, same ole same ole
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #6
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 66454 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

AFC

east - Pats
north - Ravens
south - Colts
west - Chargers
wc1 - Bengals
wc2 - Texans

NFC

east - Cowboys
north - Vikings
south - Saints
west - Rams
wc1 - Eagles
wc2 - Seahawks

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #7
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 320620 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Colts
Pats
Ravens
Chargers

Bengals
Texans*

Eagles
Bears
Saints
Seahawks

Rams
Cowboys

Superbowl - Eagles over Colts

* This is from my projection from going over the schedule and picking winners and losers. I came up with us having a 10-6 record and losing to the Ravens in the first round of the playoffs. But, really, I don't expect us to make the playoffs this year. I expect us to just miss them.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-05-2007   #8
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

i don't agree with the groupthink for the nfc....

NFC West- St. Louis
NFC North- Chicago
NFC South- Carolina
NFC Easy- Philidelphia
NFC WC 1- Seattle
NFC WC 2- Tampa Bay

AFC West- San Diego
AFC North- Baltimore
AFC South- Indianapolis
AFC East- New England
AFC WC 1- Buffalo
AFC WC 2- Denver

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #9
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

NFC:
Bears
Saints
Eagles
Seahawks
WC:Niners
WC:Cowboys

AFC:
Chargers
Patriots
Colts
Ravens
WC:Texans
WC:Jets
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #10
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

If half the teams don't repeat in the play-offs year-to-year, half of these teams won't repeat this year:

AFC:
Colts
Pats
Chargers
Ravens
Chiefs
Jets

NFC:
Bears
Saints
Eagles
Cowboys
Giants
Seahawks

I think the teams that are out in the AFC are the Chargers, Chiefs, and Colts. I'm going out on a limb with the Colts, but each of these teams has had some major restructuring. Instead, it will be the Broncos, Bengals, and...Jags. (Somebody has to win the AFC South, and the Jags are constantly up-and-down. Last year was down, so this year's up.)

In the NFC I think the teams that will be out this year are the Giants, Cowboys, and Seahawks. Instead, it will be Niners, Rams, and...Buccaneers. With Garcia and some tenacity in the coaching, I think they'll make it.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #11
JohnsonFan
All Pro

anyone think redskins have a chance a wildcard? what about the cards?

Old 09-05-2007   #12
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 320620 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsonFan View Post
anyone think redskins have a chance a wildcard? what about the cards?
Everybody's got a chance.

If the Jason Campbell turns into a really good QB, then the Redskins could make a move. My biggest problem with the Skins at this point is Gibbs. He was gone too long.

I lived in Phoenix for a couple of years and the Cards were my #2 team for awhile. I've seen the Cards look really good in the offseason over and over and over and then get splattered when the regular season starts. So they've got to prove to me that they're the real deal on the field before I pick them for anything. Even the year they got to the playoffs with Plummer as their QB, they didn't win a single game against a team that ended the season with a winning record until they surprised the Cowboys in the playoffs. This could be the year they put it together but we've been saying that for 20 years.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #13
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Everybody's got a chance.

If the Jason Campbell turns into a really good QB, then the Redskins could make a move. My biggest problem with the Skins at this point is Gibbs. He was gone too long.

I lived in Phoenix for a couple of years and the Cards were my #2 team for awhile. I've seen the Cards look really good in the offseason over and over and over and then get splattered when the regular season starts. So they've got to prove to me that they're the real deal on the field before I pick them for anything. Even the year they got to the playoffs with Plummer as their QB, they didn't win a single game against a team that ended the season with a winning record until they surprised the Cowboys in the playoffs. This could be the year they put it together but we've been saying that for 20 years.
Agreed on the 'skins.

Cardinals always seem to be the sleeper pick EVERY year for myself in pre-season only to be let down. I feel for the Cards fans.Maybe with Wisenhunt in Charge and the Talent Green brought in(say what you want about Mr. Green but the guy can spot talent...bringing it all together has been his problem)

NFC

Philadelphia
St. Louis
Chicago
Carolina

WC
Cowboys
49ers

AFC

Chargers
Colts
Ravens
Patriots

WC
Jets
Broncos
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #14
JohnsonFan
All Pro

carolina? i dunno

Old 09-06-2007   #15
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm just thinking AFC outloud here...

East: Patriots and Jets are pretty darn Good
North: Ravens are darn good, so are the Bengals
South: Colts perdy good too...Texans are so close
West: Chargers are good, denver is good too but not as good as S.D.

That was my best Herm Edwards impression.

As much as I want the Texans to go to the playoffs, I don't think we will this season. Our best bet is by actually winning the South division...I just cant see us getting a wildcard because of the other teams in the AFC

Patriots
Ravens
Colts
Chargers

that means we're competing with the Jets, Bengals, Broncos imo and don't see us beating out 2 of those teams.

But I've been wrong before
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #16
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

steelers are my darkhorse for the Super Bowl btw
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #17
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 260379 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

AFC South - Texans
AFC North - Steelers
AFC West - Chargers
AFC East - Patriots
Wild Card - Colts, Jets

NFC South - Saints
NFC North - Vikings
NFC West - Seahawks
NFC East - Eagles
Wild Card - 49ers, Cowboys

That's right, I said it - the Texans will win the AFC South this year.
Old 09-06-2007   #18
Exithios
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Exithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I'm just thinking AFC outloud here...

East: Patriots and Jets are pretty darn Good
North: Ravens are darn good, so are the Bengals
South: Colts perdy good too...Texans are so close
West: Chargers are good, denver is good too but not as good as S.D.

That was my best Herm Edwards impression.

As much as I want the Texans to go to the playoffs, I don't think we will this season. Our best bet is by actually winning the South division...I just cant see us getting a wildcard because of the other teams in the AFC

Patriots
Ravens
Colts
Chargers

that means we're competing with the Jets, Bengals, Broncos imo and don't see us beating out 2 of those teams.

But I've been wrong before
I would put our talent level above any of those 3 teams. I think we will compete with them this season and surpass them next season.

My $0.02
Exithios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #19
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
AFC South - Texans
AFC North - Steelers
AFC West - Chargers
AFC East - Patriots
Wild Card - Colts, Jets

NFC South - Saints
NFC North - Vikings
NFC West - Seahawks
NFC East - Eagles
Wild Card - 49ers, Cowboys

That's right, I said it - the Texans will win the AFC South this year.
I think we are closer to the Colts than people think. We definatly look better than the Jags or Titans.
Old 09-07-2007   #20
JohnsonFan
All Pro

vikings and lions will step up this year and one of them will make playoffs

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read