Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 08-26-2007   #1
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default KEYE in Austin ALREADY messing with Texan fans

I just checked the schedule for Thursday, and KEYE in Austin is going to televise the Hillbillies to the North game instead of the Texans/Bucs game. This really infuriates me becaues the KEYE website actually says "KEYE 42 is the official home of Houston Texans preseason football." On the EXACT SAME PAGE, the site ALSO says "KEYE 42 is the official home of Dallas Cowboys preseason football."

Hey ***holes - YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS!!! Or should I say - you can't have it THREE ways, because we all know what's going to happen when Austinites start crying about wanting to see VY this season.

It really makes me angry that these jerks actually say they are the 'official' home of Texans preseason football, when they won't even show the freaking game on Thursday night. Instead - we get Hillibillies vs. Vikings??? GRRRRR!!!

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #2
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: KEYE in Austin ALREADY messing with Texan fans

Could be worse, you could be stuck in New Mexico and have to pay for the NFL package just so you can see regular season games. Preseason? Man, I'm glad when we play the cowboys, cause it means I get to watch my boys before the season starts.
Old 08-26-2007   #3
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Or you could be in San Antonio, where they don't act like they are going to show the Texans (cause they don't)
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #4
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

THIRD BASE THIS THURSDAY!

I just called and scheduled a babysitter for Cage. Me and Mary Jane will be there! Let's make this a large gathering so we can just scream our heads off and make our presence known in Austin. If we get a large gathering, then maybe we can let KEYE know that that's where the Houston Texans fans of Austin hang out and they'll send a noob over to film us like they do for other teams. It's been done!
NitroGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007   #5
HardcoreTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 HardcoreTexan is on the Pro-Bowl ballotHardcoreTexan is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

MAke 'em regret not showing the Texans
HardcoreTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #6
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Nitro, glad to see your showing however you wont see me yet. I cant do thursday night and really dont want to do the last preseason game.
I'll be there no doubt for the Chiefs game, and thats what we are gearing up for as far as I know.
KEYE had the game on but it was the Cowgirls announcers , but the NFL netwrok had another team thank god, becaue those homers never said one good thing about the Texans.
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #7
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember a bunch of y'all writing the station last year with no results from KEYE... Maybe the approach should be going to the front office of the Texans and trying pressure that way. Maybe they are breaking regional rules??? It wouldn't hurt to at least write the Texans FO..
Old 08-27-2007   #8
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

Pre-season, meh.

But, just check their schedule and guess whose opener ISN'T going to be televised? OURS! They have Titans @ Jags. http://keyetv.com/programming

So pissed off right now.

Last edited by rollinstone18; 08-27-2007 at 10:02 AM.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #9
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

What is sad is that the Titans game will most likely not feature VY, yet the official Texans station will not show the Texans game as we whittle down to 53. Incompetence and ignorance is abounding from KEYE's sports programming department.
Old 08-27-2007   #10
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I remember a bunch of y'all writing the station last year with no results from KEYE... Maybe the approach should be going to the front office of the Texans and trying pressure that way. Maybe they are breaking regional rules??? It wouldn't hurt to at least write the Texans FO..
I emialed the fan feedback a few times last year and the response was less than steller. The Texans marketing dept seriously needs an overhaul. They do nothing outside of the Houston Area.
Old 08-27-2007   #11
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

yeah, VY will probably play one possession and then sit on his keister. Austin was a great city to go to school at but their local stations are horrible.

OT - is KLBJ still around and independent? I had heard that radio station was bought by the evil empire, Clear Channel.
Old 08-27-2007   #12
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 75779 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

This is nothing new. When I lived in Austin many years ago, the local NBC station (which carried the Oilers) had the Cowboys and Oilers rights for a particular Sunday. The Cowboys were awful while Houston was in the playoff hunt. The station did a telephone poll to decide which game to show which the Oilers won handily.

The station must not have liked the result, because a few weeks later when the situation came up again, they didn't ask, and, no big surprise, they showed the Cowboys.

The moral is, call all you want, the station will do whatever it wants. If you want action, contact the advertisers; they're the ones with the pull.
Old 08-27-2007   #13
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 31 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected

Are you serious that they are already not going to show the Texans opening day in Austin?

If so, looks like im switching to sattelite.
rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #14
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79824 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

KEYE is NOT the official station of the Texans no matter what the hell they say. They opted for the Cowboys feed on Saturday and to my surprise/dismay they are showing the Titans vs Jags game on opening day. Normally they have waited for the Texans to stink it up for a few weeks before pulling the plug. Watch their sorry asses start back peddling when the Texans start showing they are clearly better than the Titans. Screw them. I traded in my Texans season tix for NFL Sunday Ticket this year so they can bite me.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #15
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

We've been through it all. Calling the station...calling the advertisers...e-mailing the Texans. Nothing worked.

Nobody cares because the Texans don't bring ratings in Austin. The only way that they'll get respect in Austin is if they make the playoffs and the Titans totally tank.

We can count on seeing them twice a year on KEYE for sure.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #16
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 31 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected

Give me through the night. I am going to make a website directly aimed at KEYE. I am ending my cable service and switching to DirecTV.
rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #17
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

I am about just fed up with this crap, but the cost from switching to DTV would be higher because of what I have, plus the bundle packages I have for internet and phone.

I am in a no win situation.

Can't get NFLN because they want to charge the cable company and they do not want to pay unless they can charge the customer who wants it versus paying for it and giving to everyone for free.

This is such a huge crock.
Old 08-27-2007   #18
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79824 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
Give me through the night. I am going to make a website directly aimed at KEYE. I am ending my cable service and switching to DirecTV.
Why do that, simply create a page about this and we can put it here. This website has great rankings and we would get a lot more exposure here.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #19
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

It'd be nice if the NFL had something like MLB gameday, where you could watch games on the computer. But Texas residents shouldn't have to resort to that or buying a satellite dish.

I sent my profanity laced e-mail to KEYE. Don't expect anything of it but it helped the anger. Somewhat.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #20
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I do not live in Austin.

I thought that the reason the tv station there shows Titan games is because ratings show that all the VY worshipers want to watch him and not the Texans. According to the station, there are more VY worshipers than Texan fans living in Austin.

ps. I am so thankful I do not live in Austin.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read