Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-04-2007   #1
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan
Send a message via AIM to JohnsonFan Send a message via Skype™ to JohnsonFan
Default The New Houston Texans

Here is my out look on our beloved team for this year, with the release of david carr we move onto to a so called new chapter "chapter 2". Our new leader is matt schaub. Now schaub has only started 2 two games in his first 3 seasons, but all of the scouts out there love his "strong arm". Our pro bowl wide out johnson wil be schaub's number 1 target. The rest of recievers are preatty average besides JJ who i think is up and coming. ahman green is 30 years old and is past his prime but still will do average this year. Our defense is probally the best young defense in the AFC. With Amobi Okoye's great pass rushing skills he will compliment mario and demeco. The big picture is that we are building a foundation for success on our defense but our offense is still a season or two away from lifting us far into the playoffs.

I predict our division to look like this
Colts= 11-5
Texans= 8-8
Titans= 8-8
Jaguars= 6-10

PS. Yall wanna mess lets mess

Last edited by JohnsonFan; 09-04-2007 at 04:14 PM.
JohnsonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007   #2
maddogmrb
All Pro

Rep Power: 7744 maddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The New Houston Texans

Pretty good assessment.

I'm still concerned that the oline won't hold up.

I do think you are a little too far on the optimistic side of our defense. Our dline is unproven. Our OLB's are average on their BEST days, and our secondary still has a long ways to go before being considered playoff caliber.

Another year of FA's and another draft may help solve these situations and catapult us to the playoffs.
maddogmrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007   #3
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan
Send a message via AIM to JohnsonFan Send a message via Skype™ to JohnsonFan

we will be in the playoffs at latest next season its possible this season but unlikely

PS. Yall wanna mess lets mess
JohnsonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007   #4
whiskeyrbl

I still say 9-7 or maybe just maybe 10-6. Schaub is 10 times better than Carr. This in itself makes our line better. We have weapons on offense, AJ, OD, JJ, AG ( who by the way is not playing OLD ) and KW is pretty much a sure handed posession reciever. On D we have a young DL (3 1st rd. picks) and Weaver. Stout against the run, still need to pressure the QB more. Our LB's are good with Demeco, Greenwood is making some plays and Clark looked good outside of the Tampa game. Our DB's, well we have Dunta, and hopefully Boulware returns to form of '04 and '05. CC and Faggins are weak spots. With all the changes and a second year in the system I see a 3 to 4 win improvement this year over last.
Old 09-04-2007   #5
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 53235 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

17-13 Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007   #6
TexanAddict
Texan 'til I Die

Rep Power: 77 TexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsonFan View Post
ahman green is 30 years old and is past his prime but still will do average this year.
Is it just me that that has a problem with people always looking at Ahman's age and immediately assuming he is past his prime? I know this is the national media's preferred way of doing things, but I just don't get it. The people who keep banging the drum that Ahman is too old are the same folks who can't believe that Tiki Barber would abandon his team while in the prime of his career. But wait...Tiki Barber would be 32 this season! He must have been pretty average the past two years (2005: 1860 yds rushing, 2390 all-purpose, Pro Bowl, 2006: 1662 yds rushing, Pro Bowl), why would anybody want this guy to not retire?

I know that a lot of backs have begun to slow down once they get close to their 30th birthday (Eddie George, Jamal Lewis, etc), but I am saying that folks should at least consider other factors before deciding if someone is over the hill. The type of runner the back is, how they are used, and their injury history are far more important factors to consider. Curtis Martin was the NFL rushing champ when he was 31. Green has only missed significant time due to injury in one season (2005) and has only carried the ball 1871 times in his 10 yrs in the league. That's an average of only 187 carries a season. Compare that to Warrick Dunn (2256 carries in 11 seasons, 205 per), Edgerrin James (2525 carries in 9 seasons, 281 per), or Shaun Alexander (1969 carries in 8 seasons, 246 per). Looking at these factors it would appear that Green might still have some tread left on his tires. Will he? Maybe, and then again, maybe not. We'll have to see during the season, but he has looked good in limited action during the preseason. I just think the "He's 30, he must be past his prime" argument needs to be looked at a bit closer. End Rant.
TexanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007   #7
mattschaub#8
hi im matt jk

yeah the texans are guna do good i have a brake out team quistion on this link if u will like to post

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...d&msgr_status=
mattschaub#8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-04-2007   #8
whiskeyrbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattschaub#8 View Post
yeah the texans are guna do good i have a brake out team quistion on this link if u will like to post

Did you mean to spell like that?????
Old 09-04-2007   #9
mattschaub#8
hi im matt jk

no sry lol i stink at speeling
Old 09-04-2007   #10
Dallas_Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Dallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsonFan View Post
we will be in the playoffs at latest next season its possible this season but unlikely
Can you imagine if we were to improve next year by the amount we improved this year??? Plus, more FA's will look our way now that we are starting to look like we are a few players away from a playoff run!

Imagine Next Year's Draft:

Rd 1 : RB (for the future) McFadden?
Rd 3 : FS
Rd 4 : OLB (Give Demeco some more help)
FA: Quality CB2 (suddenly we have a great secondary)
FA: Quality C
Back from Injury: a quality Charles Spencer!!

That's one hell of a team!!

Here's our team

QB: Schaub
RB: Green/Dayne/Rookie RB
WR1: AJ/Mathis
WR2: Jacoby Jones/Kevin Walter
TE: O Daniels
LT: C Spencer
LG: Pitts
C: FA
RG: Weary
RT: Winston

RDE: Mario Williams
RDT: Amobi (The Force) Kenobi
LDT: TJ
LDE: Weaver/Orr
LB: Clark/Barber
LB: DeMeco Ryans
LB: Greenwood/rookie
SS: Boulware
FS: Rookie 3rd rounder
CB1: Dunta Robinson
CB2: FA

That is extremely do-able and screams Playoffs !!!
Dallas_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007   #11
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

From a fan to another fan, please help yourself with spell check. Although I am guilty of misspelling words, your spelling is pretty bad. When I clicked on your link it was painful to read half your story. If the first thought that comes to my mind is Miss Teen South Carolina, that's not good.
Old 09-04-2007   #12
Dallas_Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Dallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas_Texan View Post
Can you imagine if we were to improve next year by the amount we improved this year??? Plus, more FA's will look our way now that we are starting to look like we are a few players away from a playoff run!

Imagine Next Year's Draft:

Rd 1 : RB (for the future) McFadden?
Rd 3 : FS
Rd 4 : OLB (Give Demeco some more help)
FA: Quality CB2 (suddenly we have a great secondary)
FA: Quality C
Back from Injury: a quality Charles Spencer!!

That's one hell of a team!!

Here's our team

QB: Schaub
RB: Green/Dayne/Rookie RB
WR1: AJ/Mathis
WR2: Jacoby Jones/Kevin Walter
TE: O Daniels
LT: C Spencer
LG: Pitts
C: FA
RG: Weary
RT: Winston

RDE: Mario Williams
RDT: Amobi (The Force) Kenobi
LDT: TJ
LDE: Weaver/Orr
LB: Clark/Barber
LB: DeMeco Ryans
LB: Greenwood/rookie
SS: Boulware
FS: Rookie 3rd rounder
CB1: Dunta Robinson
CB2: FA

That is extremely do-able and screams Playoffs !!!
If the team looked like that there could be ProBowl appearances by:
Schaub
AJ
OD
Spencer
Mario
Demeco
Amobi
Dunta
Jacoby - PR/KR

talk about some noise!!!!!!
Dallas_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007   #13
mattschaub#8
hi im matt jk

lol ok ok
Old 09-04-2007   #14
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post
From a fan to another fan, please help yourself with spell check. Although I am guilty of misspelling words, your spelling is pretty bad. When I clicked on your link it was painful to read half your story. If the first thought that comes to my mind is Miss Teen South Carolina, that's not good.
Ditto!!!
Old 09-04-2007   #15
mattschaub#8
hi im matt jk

ok dang can yall stop theres allready 3 peeps that talked about it on the link
god
Old 09-04-2007   #16
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 254692 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
god
Did anyone mention your spelling?

Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
god
perhaps a little peer pressure will whip some of you new young fans into shape.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007   #18
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
god
Check your private messages.
Old 09-04-2007   #19
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

NOTE TO THE THREAD:

I am seriously like a spelling freak and it kills me to see Schaub posts. But I cannot help but think "is he a wolf in sheeps clothing"? You never know.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007   #20
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

At least he can spell Schaub's name correctly.
NitroGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read