Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-03-2007   #1
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jaguars sign Glenn

Quote:
The Jacksonville Jaguars added depth to their secondary Monday, signing veteran cornerback Aaron Glenn.
yahoo sports

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007   #2
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jaguars sign Glenn

Sweet. I'll bet Andre is drooling over this...
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007   #3
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish the best for him with the Jags (except for Texans games, of course). I think he is a bit old, though.
TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007   #4
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Glenn, but I despise the Jaguars. This is horrible news. I don't know which is worse, when he was a Cowboy or now that he is a Jaguar. Glad he still gets to play though cause, like I said, I like him as a player.
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007   #5
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't like this at all. I just don't
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007   #6
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I don't like this at all. I just don't
Even after watching him get chewed up and spit out by Andre Johnson this preseason? If Glenn gets any playing time for the Jags they are in serious trouble.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007   #7
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddy View Post
Hey, it's a pay check and he likes to play. I saw him beat the Steelers himself.
That's just it. Aaron got burned by AJ, he won't forget. I think he still has a lot in the tank and would like nothing more than to pay back. I don't think he'll have a bad time at all if he is matched up against Mathis or Davis. Let's just hope Kubes puts JJ in against him. JJ will have him for lunch!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-03-2007   #8
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
That's just it. Aaron got burned by AJ, he won't forget. I think he still has a lot in the tank and would like nothing more than to pay back. I don't think he'll have a bad time at all if he is matched up against Mathis or Davis. Let's just hope Kubes puts JJ in against him. JJ will have him for lunch!!
I wouldn't be so sure about that. That's a rookie up against a player with alot of experience and skill. Glenn may be old for the NFL now but I think he would do a formidable job against our #3-5 WRs.

The only reason I would have given for us not getting Glenn is that when he gets playing time players like Bennett will not receive playing time. We need guys like Bennett to get playing time so they can progress.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007   #9
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan
Send a message via AIM to JohnsonFan Send a message via Skype™ to JohnsonFan

this may bite us in the rump

PS. Yall wanna mess lets mess
JohnsonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007   #10
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Here is what S Roy Williams thinks about the release of Glenn: http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8020844a
Old 09-03-2007   #11
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

This isn't the first time the hags signed one of our rejected DBs.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007   #12
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
This isn't the first time the hags signed one of our rejected DBs.
In all fairness to the Jags and to Glenn, that was awhile back and we should not have rejected him.
Old 09-03-2007   #13
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
In all fairness to the Jags and to Glenn, that was awhile back and we should not have rejected him.
Yeah, but in all fairness, they picked up and started Kenny Wright.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007   #14
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Jacoby should be licking his chops right now .....
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007   #15
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Why is everybody so worried? Glenn is done, and while he was a great pro and had several good games for the Texans he is done. He was cut by the Cowboys, who after T Newman (who is out with platiar fancitis (SP?)) they have a bunch of guys...and I mean a bunch of nobodies. They had to sign a DB cut by the Ravens, who they thought was a better option then Glenn.

Everybody calm down.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007   #16
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

"Williams said Glenn was the Cowboys' third-best cornerback.
"Yeah, most definitely, he's a great cornerback for us," Williams said. "I feel that if Terence [Newman] couldn't play, Aaron would be the person that would have started."
Newman is battling a foot injury and his status for the season opener Sunday is in question. "
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...s.27b8efd.html
Apparently this decision to cut Glenn didn't set too well with his former
Cowboy teammates.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007   #17
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

If i remember right for a young Secondary like the Jags this will help some. But they get nice push up front so it helps. I'm not really worried about it.

As for his Dallas teammates...... i think Hoth-boy hit the nail on the head. Behind him they had a bunch of young guys who they have been looking at all pre-season and IMO from what i have seen they haven't impressed. Newman really needs to get back for them and they'll really depend on Hamlin to play over the top this year at FS if Newman has trouble.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007   #18
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow there was some serious intrest in Glenn:

Quote:
Jets | Team tried to sign A. Glenn
Tue, 4 Sep 2007 11:19:17 -0700

Clarence E. Hill Jr., of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, reports the New York Jets tried to sign free-agent CB Aaron Glenn (Cowboys), but Glenn decided to sign with the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Texans | Team tried to sign A. Glenn
Tue, 4 Sep 2007 11:18:15 -0700

Clarence E. Hill Jr., of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, reports the Houston Texans tried to sign free-agent CB Aaron Glenn (Cowboys), but Glenn decided to sign with the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Ravens | Team tried to sign A. Glenn
Tue, 4 Sep 2007 11:17:20 -0700

Clarence E. Hill Jr., of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, reports the Baltimore Ravens tried to sign free-agent CB Aaron Glenn (Cowboys), but Glenn decided to sign with the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Buccaneers | Team tried to sign A. Glenn
Tue, 4 Sep 2007 11:15:31 -0700

Clarence E. Hill Jr., of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, reports the Tampa Bay Buccaneers tried to sign free-agent CB Aaron Glenn (Cowboys), but Glenn decided to sign with the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Cardinals | Team tried to sign A. Glenn
Tue, 4 Sep 2007 11:09:49 -0700

Clarence E. Hill Jr., of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, reports the Arizona Cardinals tried to sign free-agent CB Aaron Glenn (Cowboys), but Glenn decided to sign with the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Rams | Team tried to sign A. Glenn
Tue, 4 Sep 2007 11:08:40 -0700

Clarence E. Hill Jr., of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, reports the St. Louis Rams tried to sign free-agent CB Aaron Glenn (Cowboys), but Glenn decided to sign with the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Lions | Team tried to sign A. Glenn
Tue, 4 Sep 2007 11:07:59 -0700

Clarence E. Hill Jr., of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, reports the Detroit Lions tried to sign free-agent CB Aaron Glenn (Cowboys), but Glenn decided to sign with the Jacksonville Jaguars.
all per www.kffl.com/hotw/
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 282778 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Glenn, but he's far from the player he used to be.

With regards to AJ, it's not even a race. Andre is in the prime of his career and would make AG look like he needed to retire last year. I'd love for this matchup myself.
Old 09-04-2007   #20
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I like Glenn, but he's far from the player he used to be.

With regards to AJ, it's not even a race. Andre is in the prime of his career and would make AG look like he needed to retire last year. I'd love for this matchup myself.
Yep I can see it now AJ or JJ running down the sidelines with Glenn in hot pusuit burning down the sidelines with his two wheeled walker.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read