Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-03-2007   #1
whiskeyrbl

Default Randy Moss????

POSTED 8:28 a.m. EDT; UPDATED 8:55 a.m. EDT, September 1, 2007

MOSS ON THE BUBBLE?

There's talk among some league insiders that the New England Patriots are considering whether to release receiver Randy Moss.

Seriously.

We scoffed when we heard it, but then a source explained that the question the Pats are believed to be pondering is whether Moss will become a problem if he is not a focal point of the offense -- or if he isn't in the opening-day starting lineup.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/nfl/trades.html

And we agree that this sounds crazy. Exactly as crazy as, say, any rumors that would have been making the rounds on Friday morning that the Jaguars were planning to part ways with Byron Leftwich.
Would we even consider this now that we have depth at WR?
Old 09-03-2007   #2
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3989 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Randy Moss????

If he were released, he would probably end up in Tennessee or Dallas, atleast that's what I think.
Old 09-03-2007   #3
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

More likely Dallas Jerruh loves the controversial playmaker cause it sells tix.

Philly could use someone to Bolster the WR corps there. But after the TO experiment i am sure they'd be hesitant.

Honestly if i was Moss, i'm not getting any younger and i do want a ring. I'd shutup, play my way into the starting lineup and listen to the wolf with bad clothing tastes.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007   #4
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
More likely Dallas Jerruh loves the controversial playmaker cause it sells tix.

Philly could use someone to Bolster the WR corps there. But after the TO experiment i am sure they'd be hesitant.

Honestly if i was Moss, i'm not getting any younger and i do want a ring. I'd shutup, play my way into the starting lineup and listen to the wolf with bad clothing tastes.
I dunno, but I don't think its totally unheard of for a few 'Pokes fans to claim they are in the running for a ring themsevles this year ? Afterall, I don't think there's a sold favorite over in the NFC ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007   #5
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 81572 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
If he were released, he would probably end up in Tennessee or Dallas, atleast that's what I think.
I don't know if the city of Dallas is big enough for the egos of Moss and T.O. combined. That would be an interesting train wreck to watch, though.

I can't imagine NE would really release Moss, he was doing and saying all the right things when he first got there. Now it looks like he's back to his old ways.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007   #6
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
TO and Moss WOULD NOT get along in Dallas.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007   #7
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
It would be fun to watch though. Sad part is I expected him to ave a great year in NE, which is still possible.
Sponsored links
Old 09-03-2007   #8
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 28360 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

The worst case scenario is Randy goes to Tennessee.

Suddenly, the team who had one of the worst offseasons in history come out as the king of kings.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007   #9
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I don't think they really have any intentions on releasing him. I think this "leak" is a way for Bellicheck to get the message across to Moss that he has no problems cutting him and to stay in line if he wants any chance to win a ring.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007   #10
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

they just released Reche Caldwell. So i'm pretty sure that moss will sit tight.
Old 09-03-2007   #11
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbedtexansfan513 View Post
they just released Reche Caldwell. So i'm pretty sure that moss will sit tight.

Randy Moss : Vague About Availability for Opener

Monday, September 3, 2007
Update: Moss (hamstring), who spoke with the media Monday at Gillette Stadium, was vague about his chances of playing in Sunday's season opener, the Boston Globe reports.

Recommendation: "I guess nobody is telling you anything, so I'll just hold it a question mark too," said Moss, who was at practice Monday for the first time since August 1. "My thing is that I want to play. Will I play? I don't know. We'll just leave it at that." We hope to have a better read on his status as he practices with Pats this week, but one hint that Moss is close to ready is that the team released Reche Caldwell on Monday. Rumors that the team was ready to dump Moss ended up being nothing more than blog fodder.
Old 09-03-2007   #12
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
If this happens.... twenty years from now, 4th graders will have field trips to the crater where Dallas once was.
TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007   #13
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 28360 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
If this happens.... twenty years from now, 4th graders will have field trips to the crater where Dallas once was.
This is a good thing.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read