Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 09-04-2007   #21
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Big Shock - Keye Not Showing Texans In Week 2 Either!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-04-2007   #22
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
(psst, Hollywood, see the bold)
You didn't explain what your ideal world meant.

I took at as McNair having the cajones and sticking up for the Texans fans living in Austin.

I get it, you meant it more in a general perspective.

Fair enough. I saw what I wanted to see.

But, an important component to this situation is that the Texans organization doesn't really care about Austin as a market for Texan fans. I won't go into here again, I posted my reasoning and facts previously.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007   #23
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Last year, KEYE did actually show Texans games AFTER they already knew the ratings were better for Titans games. Two times, if memory serves, and from what the program director says, it is actually up to the station to air what they want.

But anyway - if the Texans start to win, this will all be moot, because all the crying, whiny VY worshippers in this town will start begging to get on the bandwagon. (I love VY but the Texans come first).

I just think KEYE is making a mistake in assuming that an opening ROAD game by the Titans would be a huge ratings victory over a HOME opener in Houston, when the fans know that the Texans have made so many significant improvements to the team. I think it's a game that could take some wagon jumpers, and 'on the bubble' fans - and put them on the side of the Texans... because there's a decent chance the Texans will win.

Instead - we're going to miss the first two games - and the first game that WILL be televised in Austin is against.... The Colts! A game we'll most likely lose. So then stupid VY ball-kissing worshippers will say 'same old Texans'.

So I think we're being set up to fail with the way KEYE is handling the situation. (Not in a conspiratorial way, but just the way it's working out.)

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007   #24
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Last year, KEYE did actually show Texans games AFTER they already knew the ratings were better for Titans games. Two times, if memory serves, and from what the program director says, it is actually up to the station to air what they want.

But anyway - if the Texans start to win, this will all be moot, because all the crying, whiny VY worshippers in this town will start begging to get on the bandwagon. (I love VY but the Texans come first).

I just think KEYE is making a mistake in assuming that an opening ROAD game by the Titans would be a huge ratings victory over a HOME opener in Houston, when the fans know that the Texans have made so many significant improvements to the team. I think it's a game that could take some wagon jumpers, and 'on the bubble' fans - and put them on the side of the Texans... because there's a decent chance the Texans will win.

Instead - we're going to miss the first two games - and the first game that WILL be televised in Austin is against.... The Colts! A game we'll most likely lose. So then stupid VY ball-kissing worshippers will say 'same old Texans'.

So I think we're being set up to fail with the way KEYE is handling the situation. (Not in a conspiratorial way, but just the way it's working out.)
I will say it is very much a conspiracy. If and when I ever get my hands on the ratings for all games televised in Austin for KEYE and for KTPC (fox) for the 2006 season I will be able to prove it. Call me crazy or what ever you want but I believe that Gary Vinson has an agenda with regards to the games being shown.
Old 09-04-2007   #25
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41343 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

The good news is The Titans have a Mon night game week 3 and a bye in week 4, so we will see what kind of CRAP keye pulls those weeks.
Is 2 Titans game and 2 Texans game fair will these 4 games determine which way the winds blow ?
Stay tune for another episode of As The Vince Turns!
Old 09-04-2007   #26
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

http://sportswrap.berecruited.com/20...er-the-texans/
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007   #27
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Some of you Austinites that have expressed anger, should reply to the column posted by TEXANS84... Because at the end it said viewers have spoken - but I haven't seen y'alls words...

Last edited by Texan_Bill; 09-04-2007 at 06:51 PM.
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-04-2007   #28
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I say we need to get the Texans to pull the eye out of KEYE. Do not let them show or profit from the Texans in any way.
Old 09-04-2007   #29
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

I just posted this on the article:

Quote:
First, if Mr. Vinson of KEYE were honest about what the fans have stated, he would admit that he has been besieged with emails from rabid Texans fans in the Austin area voicing their outrage. Of course Mr. Vinson won’t admit that, citing ridiculous ratings results. Pretty pathetic!!! An embarrassment to Texans everywhere.
Old 09-04-2007   #30
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle View Post
Keep it simple. Bump threads. Act NICE like SA did. Invite these guys out to parties. I said this at least 10 days ago to use honey to attract the flies. Your method hasn't worked yet. Perhaps a lane change is in order.
Sugar may work in SA, but when you are talking about "his highnesses" back yard, piss and vinegar has to work...

*EDIT... I do agree about the numerous threads, though**
Old 09-06-2007   #31
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Just posted this (to stir the pot):
Quote:
Some of y’alls weak arguments for Vince have convinced me to become Giants fan… What? With Michael Strahan graduating from my High School and all.. Wait maybe I should become a Colts fan, Joseph Adai graduated from a high school in the same district…

Please… Take Vince’s jock strap off and quit wearing it as an eye patch and support an in state team. Not the team owned by that scum-bag Bud Adams, because of one player.
Link again: Sportswrap
Old 09-06-2007   #32
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Big Shock - Keye Not Showing Texans In Week 2 Either!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
So how many of you Austin VY fans will be watching the Titans when VY is gone? Answer - none. Eventually you're going to turn off the NFL or come crawling back. And frankly, we don't want you back. Because either way, you're not a Texans' fan. And we'll be happy to roll the bandwaggon in front of a train when the Texans start winning.
My $.02
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #33
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Big Shock - Keye Not Showing Texans In Week 2 Either!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan View Post
You didn't explain what your ideal world meant.

I took at as McNair having the cajones and sticking up for the Texans fans living in Austin.

I get it, you meant it more in a general perspective.

Fair enough. I saw what I wanted to see.

But, an important component to this situation is that the Texans organization doesn't really care about Austin as a market for Texan fans. I won't go into here again, I posted my reasoning and facts previously.
And, (in reality) a permanent ban in Austin would hurt the Texans' fan base. Because eventually children will have been raised watching/going to Texans games, and we'll be a winning franchise. You can only gain fans by expanding your audience.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #34
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle View Post
Which is the reason I call this the Department of Redundancy Department. How many threads need there be to say that KEYE is hosing Austin? We've known this for 2 years...maybe more.

Keep it simple. Bump threads. Act NICE like SA did. Invite these guys out to parties. I said this at least 10 days ago to use honey to attract the flies. Your method hasn't worked yet. Perhaps a lane change is in order.
I tried that last year and what it got was gary Vinson promising to start the season with the Texans only to go back on his word, so I guess being nice means nothing to him. now last year SA got mostly Colts games, if I remember correctly and since they are playing on thursday they can't be seen on sunday so I do not see that being nice has had anything to do with it.

What parties did the program director in SA attend or get invited to? Please tell me all the things that were done in SA that the PD went to. What Texan watch parties or rallys or draft gathering were done and attended by those at your CBS affiliate?
Old 09-06-2007   #35
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

i live in leander and was pissed when they switched to titans coverage last year. same feeling when i saw the titans were set to air this weekend. vy is god to all these half ass longhorn fans in austin. i saw the writing on the wall last year and bought 2 season tickets to this season. me and whoever is willing to drive. didn't take long to find people willing to drive, however everyone wanted to go the titan game. me and a jets fan are going to that one. the same jets fan who has the nfl ticket and two tv's in his living room. i'll see my texans every week but feel bad for those who can't. all i can say is find a bar or switch to the dish. i don't think we'll win this battle here in austin unless the titans suck ( i think they will this year) and the texans get into the playoff hunt. don't forget to wear white.
ATXtexanfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #36
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41343 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

There is a powerful and evil force at Keye 42 and his name is Gary Vinson!
Old 09-06-2007   #37
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
I tried that last year and what it got was gary Vinson promising to start the season with the Texans only to go back on his word, so I guess being nice means nothing to him. now last year SA got mostly Colts games, if I remember correctly and since they are playing on thursday they can't be seen on sunday so I do not see that being nice has had anything to do with it.

What parties did the program director in SA attend or get invited to? Please tell me all the things that were done in SA that the PD went to. What Texan watch parties or rallys or draft gathering were done and attended by those at your CBS affiliate?
I seem to remember ALOT of us mad as hell when the Texans weren't being televised, me included, and you Elle...I remember we sent quite a few angry emails to the media expressing exactly what we thought of them, and there were a few SA threads about it...I feel for you Austin ppl and i would be angry also...In fact, i'm ready to start sending out more of those emails i sent last year....And being nice NEVER helped us, nothing was resolved, and the games still were not shown....It will be the same this year, unless the Texans start winning, that may be the only change...Good luck to you guys....
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007   #38
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I feel for you guys. Dress up in Teetons rip away clothing (underneeth wear texans gear) and go out in the public where they have a reporter and act all crazy for the Teetons till they want to interview you, rip off the trash and expose the real you. that will get them going.
Old 09-07-2007   #39
Specnatz
Site Contributor

I have never used bad language, I have always used a tone that was forceful but not to where they would not listen. OK, except for the fact I did email Gary the article that Richard Justice wrote and told him to enjoy the press coverage. In fact I have put most of my letters on here so people know my tone and have also asked others if they thought the tone was ok. But most of the time I get the same canned response from Gary and KEYE and the facts he gives out is full of holes that as an individual you can not dispute because you are not privillaged to have all the info.
Old 09-07-2007   #40
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Call the other stations and give them your story, I bet they would do anything to put a dent in the ratings of KEYE

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read