Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-01-2007   #1
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Chad Stanley

Ok - I'm confused, which is easily done. On Friday Chad got released, on saturday he ends up on IR.

Did I miss something?
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007   #2
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Chad Stanley

And Abbate?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007   #3
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Chad Stanley

Hmmm....I haven't seen anything mentioning him going on IR. Where did you hear this? I know he was battling an injury during the preseason, but I didn't think it was severe.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007   #4
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

count me in on the confussed.

Sam it is in the Texans transaction page.
Old 09-01-2007   #5
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

on the transactions page of the official site and at the bottom of the roster page

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/Transactions.asp

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/Roster.html
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007   #6
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Chad Stanley

What, did they send everyone they want to keep to the Dr. and see who qualified?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007   #7
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
What, did they send everyone they want to keep to the Dr. and see who qualified?
lol apparently, it seems like we found a way to extend our practice squad by acouple players. Either that or they really hid how injured some of our players really were.
Old 09-01-2007   #8
dickieb
Veteran

Rep Power: 148 dickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respected

I really stoked about Abbate, I didn't want to lose him.
Old 09-01-2007   #9
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancunian View Post
Ok - I'm confused, which is easily done. On Friday Chad got released, on saturday he ends up on IR.

Did I miss something?
Sounds like Stanley read Bettis' book.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007   #10
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 186361 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
Sounds like Stanley read Bettis' book.
This after Kubiak in this morning's presser stated that Turk won hands down.................maybe more TRADE BAIT??????
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007   #11
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 116441 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I said this is some other thread. Specifically in regards to J.Z. Had the theory right, player wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007   #12
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
I said this is some other thread. Specifically in regards to J.Z. Had the theory right, player wrong.
They could still do it, but I think they want him on the PS incase we lose Schaub or Sage. If they put him on IR they can't get him during the season. I think they are willing to take the risk of him being picked up on waivers to put him on the PS.

I was also was thinking they might do the same thing with Frye (put him on IR to protect him) since he was hurt during TC and didn't get much preseason playing time to make a good evaluation. JMHO!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007   #13
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
This after Kubiak in this morning's presser stated that Turk won hands down.................maybe more TRADE BAIT??????
I just logged into this thread for the purpose of offering this very observation. If they have him under contract, and he is worth something to someone, then perhaps the Texans want to use him as trade bait. His injury did not appear to be all that serious - heck he punted in Thursday's Game!

In a few weeks someone will be desperate for a punter. For the most part, Stanley has done a pretty good job for the Texans. Of course, with some people on this board, if a player ever experiences a temporary downturn in his performance, then that player sucks forever after that. Fortunately, NFL coaches do not generally seem to have this rather short-sited and myopic perspective. So this might just turn out to be a clever move by Rick Smith.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007   #14
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post
I just logged into this thread for the purpose of offering this very observation. If they have him under contract, and he is worth something to someone, then perhaps the Texans want to use him as trade bait. His injury did not appear to be all that serious - heck he punted in Thursday's Game!

In a few weeks someone will be desperate for a punter. For the most part, Stanley has done a pretty good job for the Texans. Of course, with some people on this board, if a player ever experiences a temporary downturn in his performance, then that player sucks forever after that. Fortunately, NFL coaches do not generally seem to have this rather short-sited and myopic perspective. So this might just turn out to be a clever move by Rick Smith.
Once a player is on the IR, he's on there for the entire season and cannot be removed.
Old 09-01-2007   #15
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm still confussed.
Old 09-01-2007   #16
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORK 88 View Post
Once a player is on the IR, he's on there for the entire season and cannot be removed.
A player put on IR cannot be returned to the team's roster that put him on the IR, but surely if another team wants to trade for a player on the Texan's IR, they would not be prohibited from doing that. Have you seen the actual rule that applies to this situation? It might be interesting to look at it more closely.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007   #17
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Here's what I think happened. Houston announced their cuts on Friday, but didn't have to submit them until today. Then, they realized that Stanley (as well as Abbate) were elidgable for the IR. That's when they decided that they could put them on the IR and keep them on the roster for next year without running the risk of losing them to the waiver wire. When your on the IR, you are completely done for the season, but can't have them claimed or signed by anyone else.
Old 09-01-2007   #18
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
They could still do it, but I think they want him on the PS incase we lose Schaub or Sage. If they put him on IR they can't get him during the season. I think they are willing to take the risk of him being picked up on waivers to put him on the PS.

I was also was thinking they might do the same thing with Frye (put him on IR to protect him) since he was hurt during TC and didn't get much preseason playing time to make a good evaluation. JMHO!

they cant just put whoever they want on ir. there has there has to be something wrong with these guys.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007   #19
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

stanley has a foot problem with his planting foot, and abate has a shoulder injury I believe
Old 09-01-2007   #20
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post
A player put on IR cannot be returned to the team's roster that put him on the IR, but surely if another team wants to trade for a player on the Texan's IR, they would not be prohibited from doing that. Have you seen the actual rule that applies to this situation? It might be interesting to look at it more closely.
Have a link(I tried searching for it but came up empty)? I've never read about it, just assumed it was so, because I don't think I've ever seen 1 trade involving an injured player on IR. If you can actually trade for a player on IR, I pose an interesting question for you. If that player was traded for, wouldn't they stay on IR since it's a season ending ordeal? I really don't think that was their plan to trade him, I think they want to give him another chance next year.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read