Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-01-2007   #1
Lrayblu
Rookie

Default Troy Evans Made the cut{Saints Cuts}

Man Troy made the roster great news. they cut Cris Ries he's a really good safety , suprise cut Antonio Pittman, The texans should get Reis he's a gamer
Lrayblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007   #2
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Troy Evans Made the cut{Saints Cuts}

Reis looked good in that last preseason game. I didn't see him in the others. Was it just against inferior talent or is he really a good player?
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007   #3
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow... that's exciting???

The Pittman cut wasn't at all surprising. Most people were scratching their head over that one from the beginning. And they traded up to get him too.... pretty big mistake.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007   #4
Lrayblu
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Reis looked good in that last preseason game. I didn't see him in the others. Was it just against inferior talent or is he really a good player?
Reis looked good in camp and in games , I am suprised he was cut, Pittman got beat out by PT Cruiser aka Pierre Thomas , Pittman couldnt pickup blocks . I think PT is going to be good , he was 3rd in the league in preseason rushing not bad for an undrafted free agent.
Old 09-01-2007   #5
Lrayblu
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post
Wow... that's exciting???

The Pittman cut wasn't at all surprising. Most people were scratching their head over that one from the beginning. And they traded up to get him too.... pretty big mistake.
Wow is right, I like Troy he palys his Heart OUT. aND IS A SPECIAL TEAMS DEMON.
Old 09-01-2007   #6
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrayblu View Post
I think PT is going to be good , he was 3rd in the league in preseason rushing not bad for an undrafted free agent.
At least he's a better RB than Bush. Now you can move the scatback to his natural position.
Old 09-01-2007   #7
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Wow is right, I like Troy he palys his Heart OUT. aND IS A SPECIAL TEAMS DEMON.
Troy is a decent player on special teams, but he's certainly not a "demon". He's averaged about a half tackle per game in his career.
Sponsored links
Old 09-01-2007   #8
Lrayblu
Rookie

Quote:
Troy is a decent player on special teams, but he's certainly not a "demon". He's averaged about a half tackle per game in his career.
Still bitter over not gettin Reggie huh? Its ok hell scat his way to over 2000 yds this year. And Yeah PT will blend right in coach Peytons attack.
Old 09-01-2007   #9
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Still bitter over not gettin Reggie huh?

Not at all. I've always considered him an over-hyped punk. There are at least 5 RB's in the 2006 draft class that are better than him. If anything I'm bitter that we didn't get Addai or DeAngelo Williams. Maroney, Maurice Jones and/or Jerious Norwood would have been okay too.

But keep the "you're just bitter" line in your bag of responses because that one never gets old....
Old 09-01-2007   #10
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Still bitter over not gettin Reggie huh? Its ok hell scat his way to over 2000 yds this year. And Yeah PT will blend right in coach Peytons attack.
This is what I love delusional people saying he will get 2k yards when there has only been a handful to do so.

These same people could not tell me who the first person to get 2k yards, 1k running and 1k receiving.
Old 09-01-2007   #11
Lrayblu
Rookie

Quote:
Not at all. I've always considered him an over-hyped punk. There are at least 5 RB's in the 2006 draft class that are better than him. If anything I'm bitter that we didn't get Addai or DeAngelo Williams. Maroney, Maurice Jones and/or Jerious Norwood would have been okay too.

But keep the "you're just bitter" line in your bag of responses because that one never gets old....
Well see their buddy ,when are you going to get it thru your head that Reggie is the real deal. Now you know if the Texans would have taken him you would have been the first to go out and get his jersey.So dont keep all that bitterness inside its time to move on and hope Supa Mario gets his sacks cause Babin is gone.
Old 09-01-2007   #12
Lrayblu
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
This is what I love delusional people saying he will get 2k yards when there has only been a handful to do so.

These same people could not tell me who the first person to get 2k yards, 1k running and 1k receiving.
You can add Reggie to that list after this season.
Old 09-01-2007   #13
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Well see their buddy ,when are you going to get it thru your head that Reggie is the real deal. Now you know if the Texans would have taken him you would have been the first to go out and get his jersey.So dont keep all that bitterness inside its time to move on and hope Supa Mario gets his sacks cause Babin is gone.
And a Mario reference to boot.... pure genius.

Two questions for ya...

How many runs over 20 yards did your hero have last season?

What was his YPC average and where did that rank him with other NFL running backs?

Now try to explain how he is the real deal.
Old 09-01-2007   #14
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Quote:
You can add Reggie to that list after this season.
I don't believe there's ever been an NFL player afraid to run between the tackles get 1,000 yards in a season.
Old 09-01-2007   #15
Lrayblu
Rookie

Quote:
And a Mario reference to boot.... pure genius.

Two questions for ya...

How many runs over 20 yards did your hero have last season?

What was his YPC average and where did that rank him with other NFL running backs?

Now try to explain how he is the real deal.
You know he started comin on towards the playoffs and he has been strong in the preseason. Just accept that the Texans goofed and now have bitter fans such as yourself. Its ok i think the texans will be better this year ,so cheer up and hope A G stays healthy. I hope you know i like the Texans and have been to several games and am good friends with some of the players . Because of my job , so i know more about this team than you think.
Old 09-01-2007   #16
Lrayblu
Rookie

Quote:
I don't believe there's ever been an NFL player afraid to run between the tackles get 1,000 yards in a season.
I think he will be fine, and talk about cliche Run between the tackles ,run between the tackles , thats wht we have Deuce for. So to end this i have to get ready for a gig. cya
Old 09-01-2007   #17
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Quote:
You know he started comin on towards the playoffs and he has been strong in the preseason. Just accept that the Texans goofed and now have bitter fans such as yourself.

And you keep making excuses for your overpaid scatback. And keep using the "bitter" excuse instead of discussing stats and facts.
Old 09-01-2007   #18
Lrayblu
Rookie

Quote:
And you keep making excuses for your overpaid scatback. And keep using the "bitter" excuse instead of discussing stats and facts.
Hey you started it , so bitter it is scatback, crackback , brokeback whatever YOU KNOW HE IS GOOD AND DONT DENY IT. With a coach like Payton you will see BUSH"S approval rating sore
Old 09-01-2007   #19
LikeABoss
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 LikeABoss seems to be losing the respect of his peers
Cool Re: Troy Evans Made the cut{Saints Cuts}

Reggie Bush is the greatest player in Texans history
Old 09-02-2007   #20
Lrayblu
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss View Post
Reggie Bush is the greatest player in Texans history
Yeah when your good you get a commercial and when your really good you several commercials

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read