Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-31-2007   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 2007 Secondary

Quote:
Faggins, Demarcus
Bennett, Fred
Robinson, Dunta
Fletcher, Jamar
Hutchins, Von
Harrison, Brandon
Wynn, Dexter
Simmons, Jason
Brown, C.C.
Boulware,Michael
*earl is out*

http://www.nfl.com/teams/houstontexans/roster?team=HOU

I am going by this roster and with the cuts today.

It doesn't seem right for I think I am missing someone and/or didn't drop someone.

I am trying to sort out what this group is going to look like

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/depthchart.html
link not updated yet as I post

but I feel a little better with

Robinson,boulware,brown,Faggins

if that is how this plays out I like our run stopping ability with R and B

Last edited by Wolf; 09-02-2007 at 01:02 PM.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007   #2
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Re: 2007 Secondary

That doesn't look pretty
Old 08-31-2007   #3
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

That looks like it.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007   #4
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
That doesn't look pretty
sure doesn't outside of D-rob... but hopefully with all the investment we have in our D-line, we can shorten their time in coverage.
Old 08-31-2007   #5
Matt
Blogfather

Rep Power: 11 Matt was voted MVPMatt was voted MVPMatt was voted MVPMatt was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
sure doesn't outside of D-rob... but hopefully with all the investment we have in our D-line, we can shorten their time in coverage.
That is definitely the key. Hell, I don't know of too many secondaries that can cover indefinitely. If we are getting a good push up front and shortening throwing time, even Faggins can look good in coverage for < 44 seconds.
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007   #6
Matt
Blogfather

Rep Power: 11 Matt was voted MVPMatt was voted MVPMatt was voted MVPMatt was voted MVP

Oh, and I am bummed that Mitchell didn't make it. He outplayed Harrison throughout the preseason.
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007   #7
Wolf
100% Texan

well boulware is added now

40 tackles 2 ints

http://search.espn.go.com/keyword/se...ource=b_sports

babin 26 tackles 5 sacks

in 2006
Sponsored links
Old 09-02-2007   #8
Wolf
100% Texan

we still need help though but on paper it looks alittle better
Old 09-02-2007   #9
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Are we playing with the "liberty White" unis this week? That would explain why the site is all white now.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007   #10
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post

we still need help though but on paper it looks alittle better
I would rather see Faggins used as the nickel-back, and have Bennet start at the 2nd corner. Bennet might make some mistakes to begin with, but I think he will still be better than Faggins as the starter.
Old 09-02-2007   #11
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, Babins is gone from the depth chart. But... Abbate and Harrison are still on there. Boulware isn't. And shouldn't Spencer be off, too.
Old 09-02-2007   #12
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtech9 View Post
I would rather see Faggins used as the nickel-back, and have Bennet start at the 2nd corner. Bennet might make some mistakes to begin with, but I think he will still be better than Faggins as the starter.
I think you'll see that by mid-year.
Old 09-02-2007   #13
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

I think looking at the secondary is too early. I really don't know what to expect from them or the Dline. I just know our LBs can hold it up, if the Dline starts to play like they get paid then it'll make things easier for the secondary and I know that is what everything depends on this year.

I think our whole defense depends on the Dline performing. There is just too much potential and money tied into that area for them to continue to fail. I am happy Travis got the start, I think he may break out this year....or I hope.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007   #14
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No he wouldn't, not right now. If you watched those pre-season games, he was burned occasionally by 2nd and 3rd stringers. I still remember the Chicago when the Bears QB was throwing his to his side the whole time he was out there, not once could he stop them. Not to mention, he is a worst tackler then Faggins is, which is saying alot. He just isn't ready right now.
Old 09-02-2007   #15
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
No he wouldn't, not right now. If you watched those pre-season games, he was burned occasionally by 2nd and 3rd stringers. I still remember the Chicago when the Bears QB was throwing his to his side the whole time he was out there, not once could he stop them. Not to mention, he is a worst tackler then Faggins is, which is saying alot. He just isn't ready right now.
How about the times that the opposing offense had a 3rd and 8 (or similar) with Faggins on the field? The WR would run a curl pattern just past the 1st down marker, and since Faggins was playing 10 yards off the WR, it was an easy 1st down every time. Like I said, Bennet will make mistakes to begin with, but I think he will still be better at shutting down the opposing WR's.
Old 09-02-2007   #16
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

How about starting him when hes ready to start and when he actually learns how to tackle and not get burned every play hes out there. How is it a good thing to throw him out to the lions and he get eaten up every play? Thats the kind of stuff that destory a kids confidence.

If you think he gives us a better chance to win over Faggins then you're wrong.

As for who should start opposite of D-Rob, it should be Fletcher. He looked like really good in pre-season, he made more plays and tackle better then either Faggins or Bennet.
Old 09-02-2007   #17
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

9/1 Akin Ayodele cut.
Martin Gramatica Placed on IR.
Jerheme Urban cut.
Aaron Glenn cut.
Joey Thomas cut.
Quincy Butler cut.
Adam Bergen cut.
Trey Darilek cut.
Damarius Bilbo cut.
Matt Tarullo cut.
Khari Long cut.
Lousaka Polite cut.
Junior Glymph cut.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/dallascowbo...tions?team=DAL

Who thinks we should bring AG back to Houston to finish mentoring DRob?
Old 09-02-2007   #18
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
9/1 Akin Ayodele cut.
Martin Gramatica Placed on IR.
Jerheme Urban cut.
Aaron Glenn cut.
Joey Thomas cut.
Quincy Butler cut.
Adam Bergen cut.
Trey Darilek cut.
Damarius Bilbo cut.
Matt Tarullo cut.
Khari Long cut.
Lousaka Polite cut.
Junior Glymph cut.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/dallascowbo...tions?team=DAL

Who thinks we should bring AG back to Houston to finish mentoring DRob?

Better qestions are who are you going to cut to fit him in ? Who are you going to sit to play him.

I dunno Tuna stuck three years on to the end of the guys career. Thirteen years is a prety good run for anyone. I don't care . I like getting younger rather than older myself.

Plus I dunno, but it looks to me that they are prety much purging the CC clan from the rooster. I doubt they do an about face now.
Old 09-02-2007   #19
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
How about starting him when hes ready to start and when he actually learns how to tackle and not get burned every play hes out there. How is it a good thing to throw him out to the lions and he get eaten up every play? Thats the kind of stuff that destory a kids confidence.

If you think he gives us a better chance to win over Faggins then you're wrong.

As for who should start opposite of D-Rob, it should be Fletcher. He looked like really good in pre-season, he made more plays and tackle better then either Faggins or Bennet.
In all honesty, I think YOU are wrong, but that's just my opinion.
Old 09-02-2007   #20
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Quote:
In all honesty, I think YOU are wrong, but that's just my opinion.
Yeah, care to explain why?

From this past game
Quote:
Pass Defense
It was hard to get the number since the tacklers weren't often in the picture but allowing 314 yards, 17 first downs and four scores through the air surely can't be comforting for Defensive Coordinator Richard Smith as he figures out who to keep and who to cut for next week.
link: http://www.houstonprofootball.com/game/2007/pre04.html

I looked through the play by plays and noticed that Bennett played all four quarter. Now I didn't watched the game, so can someone who did tell me which CB they were throwing at most of the time and If Bennet start at CB the whole game?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read