Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-31-2007   #1
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kubiak live presser at 3:30 and on 610 at 5:00

He will be on 610 today @5:00.....

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak on 610 at 5:00

live presser at 3:30 also...

Quote:
As always, fans can watch coach Gary Kubiak's weekly press conference live on Texans TV at 3:30 p.m. CT on Friday, Aug. 31, 2007. There's a chance Kubiak will announce the Texans' final roster cuts during this press conference, so don't miss out on this opportunity.

Thanks,

Nick Schenck
Editor, HoustonTexans.com

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007   #3
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks to the both of ya's...
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007   #4
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
i hope they keep keenan. i know he hasnt had a lot of time on the field for a variety of reasons, but i think he could help mentor this young bunch and with Jacoby playing so well so early, you almost don't want to screw with anything. Barring injury, he wouldn't see a lot of playing time but I think he may bring more to the table off-the-field than Bethel or Anderson.

bottom line is that our WR situation is now looking a hell of lot better than it looked after Moulds was so unceremoniously casted adrift post 2006 season.
Old 08-31-2007   #5
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
i hope they keep keenan. i know he hasnt had a lot of time on the field for a variety of reasons, but i think he could help mentor this young bunch and with Jacoby playing so well so early, you almost don't want to screw with anything. Barring injury, he wouldn't see a lot of playing time but I think he may bring more to the table off-the-field than Bethel or Anderson.

bottom line is that our WR situation is now looking a hell of lot better than it looked after Moulds was so unceremoniously casted adrift post 2006 season.
I wonder if Moulds makes the Titans roster. If he does it speaks volumes about there WR corps.

Old 08-31-2007   #6
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Shadows View Post
I wonder if Moulds makes the Titans roster. If he does it speaks volumes about there WR corps.
Dude.

He's their #1.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007   #7
Brando
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Dude.

He's their #1.
wow,nuff said.

Sponsored links
Old 08-31-2007   #8
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Dude.

He's their #1.
Maybe I should take this back... their depth chart on TitansOnline shows him as behind someone but when I saw one of their preseason games, I'm pretty sure one of the announcers said that Moulds was their #1.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007   #9
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 188528 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post

I'll take Bethel over McCardell. I think the latter should have brought down that end zone pass last night and also Bethel can return. He is younger but still in his 5th season. I think AJ can be the mentor guy & Walter is in 5th year, too.
Old 08-31-2007   #10
gjmac2
Veteran

Rep Power: 15 gjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I'll take Bethel over McCardell. I think the latter should have brought down that end zone pass last night and also Bethel can return. He is younger but still in his 5th season. I think AJ can be the mentor guy & Walter is in 5th year, too.
I don't think Bethel or McCardell make this roster. I think it will be:

A. Johnson
J. Jones
K. Walter
J. Mathis
A. Davis

If it comes down to a 6th wr spot, I think it will go to D. Anderson.

But who knows, I could be wrong. Won't be the first time, or the last.
gjmac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007   #11
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak live presser at 3:30 and on 610 at 5:00

Picture and sound are up now.

Just a picture of an empty mike and some background noise at this point.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007   #12
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Some background chatter about next week's practice schedule...
Old 08-31-2007   #13
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan
Send a message via AIM to JohnsonFan Send a message via Skype™ to JohnsonFan

any news on who we are keeping and cutting at wide out?

PS. Yall wanna mess lets mess
JohnsonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007   #14
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsonFan View Post
any news on who we are keeping and cutting at wide out?

Patience young Padawan
Old 08-31-2007   #15
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 561 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow. Theres some tough ones just announced.
Old 08-31-2007   #16
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan
Send a message via AIM to JohnsonFan Send a message via Skype™ to JohnsonFan

who?

PS. Yall wanna mess lets mess
JohnsonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007   #17
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
Wow. Theres some tough ones just announced.
You suck!

Cuts are:
Zbransky
D Walker
J Walker
McCardell
Bethel Johnson
Wali Lundy
T Poole
D McCleon
Stanley (sorry Cabbage)

Abbate
Hodgon
Briesel
Frye
D Anderson
Degrate
Mithcell
Brate
Alfred Malone

Last edited by Errant Hothy; 08-31-2007 at 04:42 PM.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007   #18
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Keenan McCardell
John Walker
Darius Walker
Bethel Johnson
Wali Lundy
Tyrone Poole
Dexter McCleon
Chad Stanley
Jared Zabransky

all cut
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007   #19
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8706 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Is it common to cut players that were just drafted, such as Frye?
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007   #20
gjmac2
Veteran

Rep Power: 15 gjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjmac2 View Post
I don't think Bethel or McCardell make this roster. I think it will be:

A. Johnson
J. Jones
K. Walter
J. Mathis
A. Davis

If it comes down to a 6th wr spot, I think it will go to D. Anderson.

But who knows, I could be wrong. Won't be the first time, or the last.
Huh, kept Bethel Johnson. ST play made the difference.

Abbate and Hodgden gone.
gjmac2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read