Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-31-2007   #21
Exithios
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Exithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVP
Default Re: Preseason games are over...Who are your final 53?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
They really should release Flanagan, but he's probably got a gentlemans agreement with coach-pal Sherman so they will keep him for one more year.
But they better find a spot on the roster for Chris White or someone else will probably grab him.
Last night was one of our few looks at Darius Walker in PS games and he looked good. Had some quickness that we badly need from our backs, but I imagine his best bet at this point is the Prac-Squad.
Dang I hated to see Clark let that little back run over his butt in the flat last night. Guess he blew all of his focus & intensity in the game in Reliant Saturday. Matter of fact, the whole team looked like the Cowboys in Reliant
the other night and TB looked like us in terms of effort, hustle & demeanor on the field.
And its a damn shame that we couldn't have seen him before the 4th quarter of the final preseason game to get a better look at what his prolevel game consists of. He looked like a guy that put his heart into every run and deserved a longer look. I just hope he clears waivers and we put him on the practice squad.
Exithios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007   #22
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know, but i can tell you who i think shouldn't be on it.

Gado, Bray, Bruener & Stanley & possibly Black

Practice squad should include

Walker, D. Anderson, Frye
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007   #23
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

QB: Schaub, Rosenfels
RB: Green, Dayne, Gado
FB: Leach
WR: Johnson, Walter, Jones, Davis, Mathis, McCardell
TE: Daniels, Putzier, Bruener, Dreessen
OL: Salaam, Pitts, McKinney, Weary, Winston, Flanagan, Black, Studdard, Jackson

DL: Williams, Okoye, Johnson, Weaver, Maddox, Zgonina, Babin, Kalu, Cochran
LB: Ryans, Greenwood, Clark, Anderson, Barber, Diles, Orr
CB: Robinson, Faggins, Fletcher, Bennett, Wynn
S: Brown, Simmons, Hutchins, Harrison

K: Brown
P: Turk
LS: Pittman

I don't like the idea of replacing Pittman, but if they do replace him with Dreesen then I think they keep Cook or Lundy.

I do have a feeling that Bruener might end up getting cut. I hope not, but it is a possibility.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007   #24
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68452 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

I say they should cut Samkon Gado and keep Darius Walker.

The man basically tried to get extra yards without a helmet.

I was like .

Fred Bennet look good last night as well.

Don't know who my 53 would be, but I would keep Lundy, Walker, Dayne and Green as my running backs.

Stanley, Gado, and all the guys on the defense that were playing in the middle letting all those Tamba bay receivers look like Jerry Rice need to go.

Old 08-31-2007   #25
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Gado but wasn't impressed with his performance last night. Lundy looked better and was able to make some yards out of nothing. I also liked the way Walker looked. I have to give Kudo's to a guy that looses his helmet and still goes on. I know it didn't look like he lost his helmet because of that giant head he has but he did.
Old 08-31-2007   #26
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
I like Gado but wasn't impressed with his performance last night. Lundy looked better and was able to make some yards out of nothing. I also liked the way Walker looked. I have to give Kudo's to a guy that looses his helmet and still goes on. I know it didn't look like he lost his helmet because of that giant head he has but he did.
IMO, I wasn't impressed with any of the RBs. Gado and Lundy both tend to run into the pile, Gado being worse than Lundy. Lundy looked ok on a couple plays. Walker looked the best of the bunch, which had me puzzled as to why we took him out.

Like I've said in the past, other than Green, our RB corps is mediocre at best.
Old 08-31-2007   #27
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 195710 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Your not going to like my comments

I have tried to be rational and "statistical" on my opinions of the following players. I am going with how I felt during the game and immediately after. Not based on just the TB game but history of player this season. Salary cap NOT considered.*

1. Jared Zabransky QB: You can give him a spot on the practise squad but he didn't earn it. We are set with the other two anyway.
2. Dexter McCleon CB: cut
3. Charlie Adams WR: cut
4. Bryan Pittman deep snapper: cut
5. Danny Clark LB: cut
6. Jordan Black LT: cut
7. Tyrone Pool CB: cut
8. Bruener TE: cut I like him but odd man out (see below)
9. Jameel Cook FB: cut
10 Andre Davis WR:cut
11. Flanagan C: cut
12. Gado RB: cut
13. Lundy RB: cut
14: McCardell WR:cut
15. Stanley P: cut this one surprises me but hard to argue with Turk's foot.
C.S. groin injury didn't help. Turks age bothers me but oh, well.
16 Dexter Winn DB: cut
There are others that no one expected to make team, I've left off.

Keepers:
1. Bennett CB: May be the starter sooner than later
2. Brandon Harrison S shows enough to make team
3. Abbate FB: Leach gets most plays, but Abbate shows something & can play LB.
4. C. Anderson LB
5. Dreeson TE & Long S.: looked pretty good last night; same size as Breuner & younger
6. Bethel Johnson WR & returner
7. Darrius Walker RB
Old 08-31-2007   #28
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Your not going to like my comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I have tried to be rational and "statistical" on my opinions of the following players. I am going with how I felt during the game and immediately after. Not based on just the TB game but history of player this season. Salary cap NOT considered.*

1. Jared Zabransky QB: You can give him a spot on the practise squad but he didn't earn it. We are set with the other two anyway.

Keepers:
4. C. Anderson LB
5. Dreeson TE & Long S.: looked pretty good last night; same size as Breuner & younger
7. Darrius Walker RB
You are going with just 2 RB's?
Old 08-31-2007   #29
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we all know Jacoby Jones is out of here. I mean, seriously...what has he done for us?
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007   #30
Exithios
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Exithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc View Post
That would leave Ahman Green, Ron Dayne, and Darius Walker.
Exithios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007   #31
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exithios View Post
That would leave Ahman Green, Ron Dayne, and Darius Walker.
Old 08-31-2007   #32
mattschaub#8
hi im matt jk

i want the good players that simple lol i wana win yeah

and i say we go 2 playoffs yeah

Last edited by mattschaub#8; 08-31-2007 at 11:29 AM.
mattschaub#8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007   #33
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 195710 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by santo View Post
I say they should cut Samkon Gado and keep Darius Walker.

The man basically tried to get extra yards without a helmet.

I was like .

Fred Bennet look good last night as well.

Don't know who my 53 would be, but I would keep Lundy, Walker, Dayne and Green as my running backs.

Stanley, Gado, and all the guys on the defense that were playing in the middle letting all those Tamba bay receivers look like Jerry Rice need to go.

I agree. In my thread, I cut Lundy despite his production last night as I think there may be a trade in the works if we do not pick up a safety off waivers. Gado should be gone and Walker would give us 3 RBs. I keep Lundy if he is not part of a trade. I also have Abbate making team as a FB and a LB (if required)
Old 08-31-2007   #34
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
Gado reminds me of a puncher rather than a boxer who keeps looking for that knock out blow. He might or might not eventually get it, but looks bad in the mean time.
Old 08-31-2007   #35
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc View Post
I did not list the entire team. I'd go with Green, Dayne and Walker. If Lundy is not involved in a trade, he would also make my roster.
Old 08-31-2007   #36
kravix
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 kravix is on the Pro-Bowl ballotkravix is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Here is my 50 Man roster.

QB- Schaub, Sage
WR- AJ, KW, JJ, JM, AD
T- Salaam, Winston, Black, Frye
G- Pitts, Weary, McKinney, Studdard
C- Flanagan, White
TE- OD, Bruenor, Putzier
RB- Green, Dayne, Gado
FB- Leach, Cook

DE- Williams, Weaver, Babin, Kalu
DT- Okoye, TJ, Maddox, Zgonia
LB- Ryans, Greenwood, Anderson, Clark, Barber, Orr
CB- DRob, Faggins, Fletcher, Bennet
S- Simmons, CC, Harrison, Von Hutchins

P- Turk
K- Brown
LS- Pittman

That leaves 3 open spots which I see as battle between Cochran, Anderson(WR), B Johnson, Diles, Dressen, Lundy, Poole, Wynn. From there it really becomes who is better on ST and what position the team wants to be deeper at.

My PS

Zabransky, Walker, Abbate, Diles, DeGrate, Brisiel, Dressen(not sure if he is eligible or not, this is his 3rd year and last year he wasnt on any rosters).

I dont think Hodg is eligible for PS this year, and him making the team is a long shot.
kravix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007   #37
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Bubble players who I'd like to see make this team-

Cochran-
Dressen-
Lundy-
Diles-

cut-released-

Stanley-
Pittman-
Cook-
Hodgdon-

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007   #38
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Keepers:
4. C. Anderson LB
7. Darrius Walker RB
Really? Clark is pushing for a starting spot & Davis has been solid considering he's vying for a 4th-5th WR spot. No problem with the rest though.

Oh, Keep Bethel Johnson? For what? We've got JJ & Mathis so he can't go to special teams & he's no better @ WR than Davis.

Last edited by Mr teX; 08-31-2007 at 12:36 PM.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007   #39
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Keepers:
4. C. Anderson LB
7. Darrius Walker RB
Damn, with those cuts we lose most of what little depth we had.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007   #40
dickieb
Veteran

Rep Power: 148 dickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respected

I want the following cuts:
J. Cook
C. Stanley
Black - at least Frye has potential
K. McCardell
T. Poole
Bethel Johnson

Hope we keep:
Andre Davis (Has outplayed B. Johnson at WR & does well returning KO)
Jon Abbate

Not sure at RB - I trust Kubiak (I would probably cut Gado)

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read