Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-30-2007   #1
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Preseason games are over...Who are your final 53?

STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007   #2
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Preseason games are over...Who are your final 53?

I won't name the entire 53 man roster, but here are some players who I think will and won't make the team:

Will: Mathis, Andre Davis, Samkon Gado, Kasey Studdard

Won't: Wali Lundy, Keenan McCardell, David Anderson

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007   #3
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Why do people post these kinds of thread? Do you really expect people to name all 53 players they want on the team?
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007   #4
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
Why do people post these kinds of thread? Do you really expect people to name all 53 players they want on the team?

Umm, yes.
Old 08-30-2007   #5
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
Umm, yes.
Umm, so what's your final 53 since you created this thread?
NitroGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007   #6
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

QB: Schaub, Rosenfels
RB: Green, Dayne, Gado, Lundy
FB: Leach
WR: Johnson, Walter, Jones, Davis, Mathis, Anderson
TE: Daniels, Putzier, Bruener, Dreessen (LS)
OL: Salaam, Pitts, McKinney, Weary, Winston, Flanagan, Black, Studdard, White, Frye

DL: Williams, Okoye, Johnson, Weaver, Maddox, Zgonina, Babin, Kalu
LB: Ryans, Greenwood, Clark, Anderson, Barber, Diles, Orr
CB: Robinson, Faggins, Fletcher, Bennett, McCleon
S: Brown, Simmons, Hutchins, Harrison

K: Brown
P: Turk
Old 08-30-2007   #7
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
especailly when there is already one posted. And especailly when the author of the post doesn't have the gumption to post his own ? Bad rep behavior I'm thinking. Bad dog.
Old 08-30-2007   #8
JohnsonFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan JohnsonFan
Send a message via AIM to JohnsonFan Send a message via Skype™ to JohnsonFan

um ok let me name all 53.....

PS. Yall wanna mess lets mess
JohnsonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007   #9
MissouriTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 MissouriTexan was voted MVPMissouriTexan was voted MVPMissouriTexan was voted MVP

Why all the hostility? He's pointing out that the preseason's done now so people don't need to hold their breath if they want to make their own predictions. By the way, can someone link the roster currently, before the cuts?
MissouriTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007   #10
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Still working a cut list but here is what I got

47 Jon Abate
89 David Anderson
54 Zac Diles
52 Trent Bray
85 Joel Dreesen
92 Jeff Zgonina
40 John Walker
37 Darius Walker---- Practice Squad
7 Chad Stanley
66 Deljuan Robinson
33 Waly Lundy
Old 08-30-2007   #11
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

And I am dead set on throwing Zac Diles to the wolves,
He missed a tackle and then he missed a tackle then he missed a tackle,

I watched him and he had a tendency to hit the ball carrier with out arms. Kinda like a chest bump, come on man this is Football
Old 08-30-2007   #12
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post

I watched him and he had a tendency to hit the ball carrier with out arms. Kinda like a chest bump, come on man this is Football

I kept Diles in there because of the way Kubiak has praised him from his performance in practice. After the Cowboys game they were talking about Shantee Orr making the roster as the 7th LB/situational passrusher which would mean Diles is one of the 6 ahead of him.
Old 08-30-2007   #13
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 72471 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak's only been here for one year, and I'm not real sure how he evaluates the last couple of players and decides who gets the roster spots. For instance, I was a little surprised last year when he kept four tight ends.
Old 08-31-2007   #14
pappy
Veteran

Rep Power: 3248 pappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post

Clark missed more tackles than diles but neither was covering the tightends in the middle . I would keep darius walker over dayne all day and b. johnson over mathis
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007   #15
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, I haven't actually SEEN the game, yet... but...

RB: Green, Dayne, Gado
WR: Johnson, Walter, Jones, Davis, Mathis
TE: Daniels, Bruener, Putzier, Dreessen
T: Salaam, Black, Winston, Jackson, Frye
G: Pitts, Weary, Studdard
C: McKinney, Flanagan, White

DE: Weaver, Williams, Kalu, Babin, Cochran, Orr
DT: Okoye, Johnson, Zgonina, Maddox
LB: Ryans, Greenwood, Anderson, Clark, Barber, Diles
CB: Robinson, Faggins, Fletcher, Bennett
S: Brown, Simmons, Harrison, Hutchins

LS: Pittman

And I expect them to try to put Zabransky, Abbate, and Walker to the PS. I'm not sure who else will go. They may try to sneak Frye through. Flanagan might also be let go. Lundy is just on the outside looking in, I think.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007   #16
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post

And I expect them to try to put Zabransky, Abbate, and Walker to the PS. I'm not sure who else will go. They may try to sneak Frye through. Flanagan might also be let go. Lundy is just on the outside looking in, I think.
And to think he was the opening day starter last year. BTW...no depth at fullback?
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007   #17
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
And to think he was the opening day starter last year. BTW...no depth at fullback?
If you'll notice, they've been working TE's and KW into motion and lining them up as FB's. They've mentioned several times that one of Dreessen's strong points is that he can be used as a FB. So, I think they stuff Abbate on the PS and if Leach has a problem, then they either bring Cook back or pull Abbate off the PS.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007   #18
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post

I expect Pittman to be on the PS, or be gone completely. Dreessen is one of those multi-phase players Kubiak loves, and I believe he will wind up being our LS and extra TE.
TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007   #19
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
I expect Pittman to be on the PS, or be gone completely. Dreessen is one of those multi-phase players Kubiak loves, and I believe he will wind up being our LS and extra TE.
Pittman is not eligible for the PS.
Old 08-31-2007   #20
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

They really should release Flanagan, but he's probably got a gentlemans agreement with coach-pal Sherman so they will keep him for one more year.
But they better find a spot on the roster for Chris White or someone else will probably grab him.
Last night was one of our few looks at Darius Walker in PS games and he looked good. Had some quickness that we badly need from our backs, but I imagine his best bet at this point is the Prac-Squad.
Dang I hated to see Clark let that little back run over his butt in the flat last night. Guess he blew all of his focus & intensity in the game in Reliant Saturday. Matter of fact, the whole team looked like the Cowboys in Reliant
the other night and TB looked like us in terms of effort, hustle & demeanor on the field.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read