Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 08-30-2007   #1
digitalswim
Sleepwalker

Rep Power: 1590 digitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respecteddigitalswim is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 2008 Mock Draft Projections....sheesh!

I know it's way too early for this kind of thing but just for grins I went and checked out where most of the draft sites have the Texans projected and who we would pick. Holy cow! I know we always lament over the fact that the national media is clueless when it comes to the Texans but this truly was an eye opener. Most of the draft sites have us picking anywhere from 1st to 4th. I don't see that even remotely happening with the team we are putting on the field this year barring catastrophic injury problems.
digitalswim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007   #2
nfl-brit
Groovy, baby!

Rep Power: 11 nfl-brit was voted MVPnfl-brit was voted MVPnfl-brit was voted MVPnfl-brit was voted MVP
Default Re: 2008 Mock Draft Projections....sheesh!

NO way we're going to finish that low this year. I predict 8-8 - at least we'll be spared any first-pick pressure in 08!

Sig by AZwhoopr
Adopt-a-Texan 2008 : Matt Schaub
"nfl-brit.....keeping Allah busy since 1988"
nfl-brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007   #3
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm right there with ya. The few I looked at all had us top 10, (1-6 in the majority).

We all know how much things change throughout the season. Not just NFL team rankings and all but they hype and evaluations of these college players. Remember Troy Smith as a late 1st rd pick? yea didn't happen, Darius Walker...undrafted... Jamarcus Russell- not even considered 1st rd at the start of last season?

But it is a decent indication of who the preseason fav's are and an "idea" of where the might get selected.

I'm looking at Kenny Phillips FS, Sam Baker LT, Steve Slaton RB as of now...but my how things change. I look forward to seeing other RB's and more particularly FS!!! as they emerge.

i think we select around 16th....we should be 7-9 to 10-6 imo.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007   #4
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 53235 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

I say we pick 5th...

...after we trade with the Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read