Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: what color scheme is our favorite?
White top/blue bottoms 8 8.33%
blue top/blue bottoms 23 23.96%
blue top/white bottoms 12 12.50%
Red top/white bottoms 43 44.79%
other 10 10.42%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-29-2007   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 97370 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Best uniform combination?

white top with blue pants?

all blue?

blue top, white pants?

red top, white pants

I haven't seen all white or red top blue bottoms
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007   #2
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Best uniform combination?

All blue for sure. I know its not a fan fave... but I like white on white as well.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 97370 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
All blue for sure. I know its not a fan fave... but I like white on white as well.
I am stll looking for pics on that

also my blue/blue wasn't very good, but all I could find
Old 08-29-2007   #4
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
I am stll looking for pics on that

also my blue/blue wasn't very good, but all I could find
Blue on BLue

http://delivery.viewimages.com/xv/72...E32D3D01B80031

White on White link

http://www.texansbullpen.com/06photo...r/DSC_0222.JPG

Last edited by Tailgate; 08-29-2007 at 10:46 PM.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007   #5
Wolf
100% Texan

http://www.houstontexans.com/gameday/Jerseycolors.asp

there is the jersey colors for the team throughout the season
Old 08-29-2007   #6
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007   #7
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

My favorite are the Battle Red Jerseys w/ white pants.

I used to dislike the white jerseys but they are my 2nd favorite now (with blue pants). I really don't like the all white look of white jersey and white pants.

*side note* I love how classy our uniforms/helmets are- plain and simple. One thing I'd like to see (maybe) is a variation of the NY Giants. They wear their blue and red jerseys with grey pants (instead of white).

While we're on the top of jerseys...I was reading on the texans main website about the luncheon the other day at the galleria. At the bottom it says something to the effect Bob McNair says if you bring in any old football jersey the will give you credit towards a new one!? Can anyone elaborate on this!!?? I'm def. gonna get a replica white jacoby #12 jersey....but if i could trade in an old jersey i'd do it even if it's for a discount.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-29-2007   #8
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
nice

I should have went ahead on the poll and added all colors ,potential or not

I thought we had a liberty white day but couldn't remember

thanks 84 and thanks tailgate (lol sounds like transformer names)
Old 08-29-2007   #9
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

I voted Red because the Jags fear that one the most...
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007   #10
Wolf
100% Texan

what we will see is

chiefs- Liberty White
carolina-blue top/white bottoms
colts-Steel Blue
Falcons-white top/blue bottoms
Dolphins-white top/blue bottoms
Jaguars-blue top/white bottoms
Titans-white top/blue bottoms
Chargers-white top/blue bottoms
Raiders-white top/blue bottoms
Saints-blue top/white bottoms
Browns-white top/blue bottoms
Buccaneers- "I'm a Texan!" Homecoming presented by BP-BLUE JERSEYS
Broncos-Battle red
Colts-white top/blue bottoms
Jaguars-Battle red

so dress accordingly

and hopefully I pasted correctly
Old 08-29-2007   #11
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
what we will see is

chiefs- Liberty White
carolina-blue top/white bottoms
colts-Steel Blue
Falcons-white top/blue bottoms
Dolphins-white top/blue bottoms
Jaguars-blue top/white bottoms
Chargers-white top/blue bottoms
Raiders-white top/blue bottoms
Saints-blue top/white bottoms
Browns-white top/blue bottoms
Buccaneers- "I'm a Texan!" Homecoming presented by BP-BLUE JERSEYS
Broncos-Battle red
Colts-white top/blue bottoms
Jaguars-Battle red

so dress accordingly

and hopefully I pasted correctly
Colts better get ready for those Steel Blue
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007   #12
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I can't find any pictures of them, but I actually like the practice jerseys they wear. I think they actually look better than the game jerseys.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007   #13
Wolf
100% Texan

I remember the early 80's and an announcer made a comment about the cowboys playing in their white jerseys.. for a stretch, it seemed that they flat out didn't lose.. and seemed when they came out in blue, for some reason didn't play the same.and with our history, part of me wish we whipped out the battle red a little more.

psychology 101

but again I read way into such and I can't find a link to support my statement, just going off of rusty ole memory
Old 08-29-2007   #14
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
I can't find any pictures of them, but I actually like the practice jerseys they wear. I think they actually look better than the game jerseys.
Agreed.
http://www.texansbullpen.com/05photo...s/DSC_0071.JPG
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007   #15
OrangeLotPole8
Veteran

Section: Bullpen 116
Rep Power: 3716 OrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would love to see the white jersey and white pants, just something about the white and white that looks GREAT!
Old 08-29-2007   #16
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
Those are the ones. I love them. I don't know why we don't replace the white ones with those.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007   #17
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 57275 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

There have been LOADS of psychological analysis done on jerseys and their affects, and the two most interesting to me were:

1) teams that dress in black or very dark colors are perceived as, and sometimes play, more aggressively

2) teams that dress in black or close to it are called for more penalities
Old 08-30-2007   #18
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

I like the Liberty White unis we used against the Eagles last year in the season opener.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007   #19
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
Those are the ones. I love them. I don't know why we don't replace the white ones with those.
Sorry but I don't like them. They remind me of Buffalo's jersey and I can't stand the Bills.

I'm a Battle Red guy.
Old 08-30-2007   #20
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7786 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I remember the early 80's and an announcer made a comment about the cowboys playing in their white jerseys.. for a stretch, it seemed that they flat out didn't lose.. and seemed when they came out in blue, for some reason didn't play the same.and with our history, part of me wish we whipped out the battle red a little more.

psychology 101

but again I read way into such and I can't find a link to support my statement, just going off of rusty ole memory
The NFL only allows you to wear what is called an "alternate jersey" twice a year. Other than that, you have you're Home jersey and pants and your Away Jersey and Pants. There are not rules as to different combinations of those but the "alternate" jersey can only be worn twice a year.

For the record, I think our white jerseys on blue pants are by and far the classiest look we have. I don't understand why everyone is so giddy about the Battle Red... I'm fine with wearing them once a year but they don't look like the Texans that we are defined as. We are an expansion team and we need to develop our identity and in my opinion the best way to do that visually is through consistency. I'd love it if we were to wear Liberty White over Deep Steel Blue for all games other than road games that the home team forces us to wear Blue over white. And then we could pull out the Battle Red for a big game. By doing that we would develop a much stronger national identity.

How many different uni's does Green Bay have? two. Home and Away. When you think of the Chicago Bears do you think about their orange jerseys? no. When you think of the Dallas Cowboys, you know what you think of. White over silver. Even seeing them in the blue jerseys is odd. The Raiders? The Steelers? Come on people.... Those are solid identities. We could be building the same sort. Sadly, we're not, but at least we're not the Bengals or the Bills or the Jags or the Thumbtacks, or the Seahawks... You get the point.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read