Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-29-2007   #1
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected
Default McNair calls it like it is

Make sure to check out the video called "Team Luncheon a Hit". McNair mentions the fact that the Cowboys left their starters in against our twos. Gets a laugh from the crowd. Nice to see the owner joining in the smack talk.

It's on the front page right now.

http://www.houstontexans.com/index.asp

-Twitch
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007   #2
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: McNair calls it like it is

What Kubiak says after that is very inspiring, to say the least. All Texans fans should see that clip.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007   #3
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

I also need to add that McNair is giving all Cowgirl (and other) fans a chance to come to the light side as well

"Fans can exchange jerseys and receive an ‘I’m a Texan’ pin and a discount on a new Texans jersey at the Go Texans store. Fans have until Friday, Sept. 7 at 5:30 p.m. to take advantage of the discount. For more details on the program, fans should call (832) 667-2004."

Full story here:
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=3553
Old 08-29-2007   #4
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
What Kubiak says after that is very inspiring, to say the least. All Texans fans should see that clip.
Yea I was getting into Kube's speech, but it got cut off. This was late last night. Maybe the whole this is working today.

UPDATE: Kube's speech isn't cut off anymore.

Last edited by Twitch-Houston; 08-29-2007 at 08:54 AM.
Old 08-29-2007   #5
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm PUMPED!! Bring on KC!!!!!!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007   #6
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak made an impressive presentation and in doing so he definitely set the
expectations bar several notchs higher so hes put the whole organization under more pressure. And of course most of all himself. Its gonna be interesting.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007   #7
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess this means they're really gonna start executing.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-29-2007   #8
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Kubiak made an impressive presentation and in doing so he definitely set the
expectations bar several notchs higher so hes put the whole organization under more pressure. And of course most of all himself. Its gonna be interesting.
Well they have me believing. I'm holding out for 2-1 out of the gate though. I've had my heart on my sleave for a while now. We deserve a little luck with injuries this season. Kuback is a great FB mind and I'm a lot more confident now than I was under the C's. Front office is straitened out now. No matter what the outcome of the next season they'll build the team where it should be. Beating Dallas buys you a lot of grace as far as I'm concerned
Old 08-29-2007   #9
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I'm PUMPED!! Bring on KC!!!!!!!!
But first we have our annual pre-season classic against the Bucs.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007   #10
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 22248 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, I'm ready to suit up!!!

Look out '07!
Old 08-29-2007   #11
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans - 41
Chiefs - 0

TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007   #12
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, that gave me goosebumps. Bring on the regular season!
Old 08-29-2007   #13
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish you all could have seen more of this.

1. McNair talked even more trash than what is on the video. It is polite when he says it so it doesn't sound like junk.

2. Andre Johnson doesn't say much but when he does, pull out a notepad.

3. Ephraim Salaam was feeling it. Really funny.

4. Matt Schaub couldn't have been any more supportive of the offensive line, and made the point of saying that protection is the job of all 11 guys: QB throwing the ball, WR running routes, RB and TE making good decisions along with the guys up front.

5. Owen Daniels was asked how his chemistry was with Schaub. He said that it is great, that every Tuesday night he goes over to Schaub's house for a sleepover. Schaub made a point to talk about this first, by saying "Owen, I don't know whose house you've been sleeping at, but it ain't mine."

Oh, and for kicks and grins, I posed with the Governor's Cup:

FanHouse link: Behold the Power of the Governor's Cup: Texans are Champions of the Solar System

Old 08-29-2007   #14
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan Asylum View Post
Well, I'm ready to suit up!!!

Look out '07!
I ready to run through a brick wall for Kubes.

Old 08-29-2007   #15
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I wish you all could have seen more of this.

Oh, and for kicks and grins, I posed with the Governor's Cup:

FanHouse link: Behold the Power of the Governor's Cup: Texans are Champions of the Solar System

I wish I could have seen more as well. Are there any transcripts of McNair's speech and others?

As for your article, I loved it. Nice work.
Old 08-29-2007   #16
Dallas_Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Dallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch-Houston View Post
I wish I could have seen more as well. Are there any transcripts of McNair's speech and others?

Yeah, I can't get video here......any transcripts or summaries?? I'd love to hear what Kube's said that got everyone so pumped up!!!!

Dallas_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007   #17
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch-Houston View Post

If I see a transcript, I'll post it.

You could always contact the Texans at their home page and request a transcript. They are very accomodating people.
Old 08-29-2007   #18
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Holy cow - that really was as close to insulting as I've ever seen McNair! Calling Jones out for having our twos beat out their ones! Hilarious!

I also have to say that Kubiak is the guy I wanted as the head coach when this franchise started - but when he interviewed, McNair decided that Kubes probably wasn't ready at that point, and he was probably right. So when Capers flamed out, I instantly started hoping for GK to make his way back home. He has a very commanding personality, and looks like he was born to be a head coach.

Man, he seems very intense and that definitely got me even more pumped for the season.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007   #19
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I guess this means they're really gonna start executing.
We have been trying for years, we might be ready now
Old 08-29-2007   #20
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Please, I invite you to become a Texan fan. Do it now for world peace and the puppies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read