Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-28-2007   #1
wicked_wayz
all blacks

Default Nfl Catching On To Jacoby

sorry if this has already been posted, but heres a link http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d801e8671&template=with-video&confirm=true where adam schefter gives props to our jacoby jones

THIS YEAR'S DEVIN HESTER?
Last year Bears rookie Devin Hester rocked the football world, returning punts for touchdowns and the Bears to NFC prominence.

This year, Texans rookie Jacoby Jones could do the same.

Three weeks into the preseason, no rookie has shined anymore than Jones, who has been a threat as a punt returner and a wide receiver.
Old 08-28-2007   #2
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Nfl Catching On To Jacoby

link http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007   #3
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Jones was something of an unknown coming from tiny Lane College. There were questions about Jones' small hands and dropped passes. But Jones hasn't dropped anything this summer. It's starting to look as if other teams dropped the ball on not picking Jones sooner.
Beautiful.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007   #4
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's the video.....min. 2:48

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d801e84ab

This years Devin Hester..........Adam, try this years Hester & Colston combined.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 08-28-2007 at 09:32 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007   #5
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Wait till the "I knew he was going to be a great player..."
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007   #6
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

I thought it could be a reach but I found it pretty telling that once he was chosen in the early 3rd round by the Texans, there was a huge run on WR. 6 of the next 7 picks were wide receivers. A lot of teams may have had dreams of grabbing him in the 4th or later....the Texans killed that dream and look like geniuses. His footwork is really smooth in the return game and looks like the guy has good hands....that elevation in the end zone was vintage Moss.
Old 08-28-2007   #7
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

We were ahead of the ball on Mathis as a 4th rounder as well. We seem too be good with small school WR.
Old 08-28-2007   #8
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
We were ahead of the ball on Mathis as a 4th rounder as well. We seem too be good with small school WR.
Too bad we didn't draft Marques Colston. Of course, no one expected him to do what he did last year, especially as a 7th rounder.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007   #9
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Too bad we didn't draft Marques Colston. Of course, no one expected him to do what he did last year, especially as a 7th rounder.
We can't win them all bro. I'll take our Mathis and Jacoby over their Colston.
Old 08-29-2007   #10
wicked_wayz
all blacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
lol yeah i'm expecting that from them also
Old 08-29-2007   #11
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

Jone's Diary

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=3552

He's trying to start something for his school which is awesome.

"I’m grateful every day for getting my chance at Lane College. Johnnie Cole, the coach at Lane, is like a father figure to me. I talk to him every day. And I call back to school, talk to some of the players and try to keep them going, keep them motivated. Because they’ve got some more athletes down there, guys that I think could make it to the league, too. Ed Williams, Virgil Union – there’s a bunch of them. We have a quarterback, he’s just a junior this year, named Sherard Ellis, who is a Houston native. So there’s a bunch of guys that are down there that can play."
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007   #12
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 31401 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
We can't win them all bro. I'll take our Mathis and Jacoby over their Colston.
Colston might lose a few battles this year since he will be keyed in more with the loss of Joe Horn.

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007   #13
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

Jones is so frickin' likable, I hope he stays humble. He's confident, but not obnoxiously cocky. He's just having a lot of fun in the league right now and he seems like he's playing for the sheer joy of it. Rare to find in today's show me the money scene. Course if he continues the kind of production he's had so far, his agent will be using the "show me the money" line soon.

-Twitch
Old 08-29-2007   #14
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Texans fans will take to Jacoby like the Astros fans have to Pence.
Old 08-29-2007   #15
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
I'm not gonna bother looking up in the archives from draft day but I distincly remember being one who defended the pick by Rick Smith. I liked his size, speed & attitude. game tape was also reveiwed, not to mention the post season all-star exhibitions & it was clearly evident he had game breaking skill. I've been clearly on record from day one he reminded me of a young Terrel Owens & the fact they both came out of small schools close together in Tennessee. look it up if you don't believe me not to mention the run @ the WR postion that followed.

Rick Smith is not your average Charlie Casserly

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007   #16
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
I think the Texans fans will take to Jacoby like the Astros fans have to Pence.
We sure do miss Pence down here in Corpus Christi.
Old 08-29-2007   #17
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I'm not gonna bother looking up in the archives from draft day but I distincly remember being one who defended the pick by Rick Smith. I liked his size, speed & attitude. game tape was also reveiwed, not to mention the post season all-star exhibitions & it was clearly evident he had game breaking skill. I've been clearly on record from day one he reminded me of a young Terrel Owens & the fact they both came out of small schools close together in Tennessee. look it up if you don't believe me not to mention the run @ the WR postion that followed.

Rick Smith is not your average Charlie Casserly
I think we can go back and see that a lot of us fans liked the pick, but tulexan is talking about the media claiming to know he would be great.

I remember a lot of us just getting a gut feeling about JJ, but some in the media dogging us for the pick.
Old 08-29-2007   #18
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch-Houston View Post
I think we can go back and see that a lot of us fans liked the pick, but tulexan is talking about the media claiming to know he would be great.

I remember a lot of us just getting a gut feeling about JJ, but some in the media dogging us for the pick.
I stand corrected then that he was refering to media outlets, sorry

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007   #19
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Well there will be a lot of media doing the backstroke.
Old 08-29-2007   #20
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Drink the koolaide! JJ for OROY!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read